It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea threatens war if U.N. Security Council blames it for ship sinking

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

N. Korea threatens war if U.N. Security Council blames it for ship sinking

www.businessghana.com

North Korea threatened Wednesday to wage a "death defying war" if the United Nations Security Council adopts any statement that blames the communist state for the deadly sinking of a South Korean warship in March.

The warning comes as the 15-member Council is debating a South Korean request for a statement

that condemns the North for the Yellow Sea sinking that killed 46 South Korean sailors.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mysinchew.com
www.google.com

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
As much as N. Korea love to run their mouth and threaten everyone with war.. I really do have my suspicions over the sinking of S. Korea's warship.

If N. Korea really wanted war by sinking this boat why do they continue to deny having any involvement?

It think there is a sinister force at play here.. Someone somewhere is pushing hard for war to happen.

Like Gerald Celente has been saying, when all else fails (Global Economy) they take you to war.

Is history repeating itself in front of our eyes?

www.businessghana.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Another day another threat.I said to myself do not believe any of these threats until Kim and the four horsemen are riding into Seoul on their way to a glorious victory.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It seems like I read this thread every few days. North Korea is constantly reigning down threats on the whole world. Usually they get paid off to shut up for a few years. Probably what they are looking for now.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Stop boring me with war threats . KIM start fighting or pass out the korean barbecue ribs.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think i saw this exact same headline just last month. Hmmmm....

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Didn't they say this very thing a few weeks ago? Maybe two weeks?

But yeah, Nomad, I agree with you. They have been very vocal about denying involvement. With the UN and with the other organizations of nations they belong to. This is a bit different than their usual huffing and puffing. It also might tie in to the other news today about the U.S. posturing near China.

People are thinking that's about China, but it could well be about this incident, and N. Korea may be sensing that or getting that intel. China is "obligated" in some way to keep N. Korea "in line" as I recall. Need a refresher on this, but I believe it stemmed from some of the talks a few years ago.

China is also increasing its talk about how harsh the Iranian sanctions are. So is India. Interesting stuff to try to figure out.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yea, every few days the threat of war from N. Korea - don't they realize how they sound or what they are doing when they keep giving out idle threads. Are they provoking so someone else will fire the first bullet, what's going on here?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Couldn't we just get North Korea to attack Iran, and get the whole thing over with, already.....

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

It just seems to me that someone somewhere is pushing hard to get war started.

Now if it was N. Korea who wants war, then they should just come on right out and say "We sunk it, in your face. Do your worst".

If N. Korea don't really want war, then why sink a warship?

I know N. Korea are crazy assholes, they're battier than dracula but none of this seems right.

this thread isn't really about the war threat as a whole but to try and see if anyone else is in agreeance that something is rotten in Denmark with this whole incident.

Someone, somewhere, obviously wants a war to get started

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

here we have a country that has tested nukes, attacked another soverign country and yet the US seems to tip toe around it, if this was Iran the country would be under heavy UN sanctions or worst a war zone.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Yeah, well if'n ya wanna get a war started, just announce that Netherlands and Spain have been disqualified, and North Korea wins the "World Cup" by unanimous decision of the Judges.....

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

How many times are they going to make the same threat? Until somebody gives them some more money I suppose, if they follow their past history.

Anybody here want to keep sending Kim extortion checks? I don't. It's like a child who's parents are foolish enough to cave in to temper tantrums, only this child kills people.

My guess is that China will level them if they ever let an armed missile fly.

I don't see this as anything but a local threat. If somebody does take Kim out, who would care? Maybe Iran and Syria who would just find a new way to smuggle in weapons, so they would not care for more than a moment.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Okay...was gonna post this as breaking news, but I'll just put it here as it's directly related. Seems maybe N. Korea either got a weird compromise...or they're not happy with this...

U.S., China Agree at UN to Condemn Ship Sinking

By Bill Varner

July 8 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. and China have agreed on a statement condemning the attack on a South Korean warship that doesn’t accuse North Korea of complicity. The text was given today to the United Nations Security Council for adoption.

Odd nebulous...condemns the attack but doesn't accuse N. Koriea.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

China's relationship with N. Korea is...well sort of interdependent. This CFR take on it is...interesting to say the least. Remember the Six Nation Talks with N. Korea and China's involvement? These things are not simple.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

I think the problem here is Seoul. All those innocent people in easy range of the DMZ. Even if they only got one bomb launched, imagine the body count. It's like dealing with a two year old who picked up an on switch to a nuclear weapon. Take their blankey away and you go boom.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Yes, nebulous indeed, just how do you condemn an attack without accusing someone of it, isn't that like the police saying, we condemn the murder of this person, however the individual we believe is involved is not guilty??????

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Yes, but China is a player on the world stage now. I'd say NK is more like a parasite. I highly doubt they would do anything other than close their eyes for a minute if Kim got too out of line. Why would they want to deal with a some worthless land, denuded and occupied by starving people who have been brainwashed since birth?

I think China acts in its own best interest. Risking loosing their customer base and destroying themselves financially to protect a mess like NK? No, I think they might be the first to take them out and save the bother.

[edit on 7/8/2010 by Blaine91555]

link   
If It was a false flag, we did it for a specific reason, ultiamtely leading to conflict.

If we didnt do it, and the North are legitimate on their threats, then we are justified in blaming them leading to conflict.

Lets hope they did it, and are bs'ing.

link   
reply to post by freetree64

That's why it's hard to tell what N. Korea is so angry at. Did they see this condemnation first and still think it was too harsh? Or did the U.S. and China quickly reword it after N. Korea freaked? You couldn't write this stuff. Sheesh.

<<   2  3 >>

join