It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge declares US gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Freedom of speech is a right reserved for human beings. Not institutions. Like I said, that's what registering as a non-profit gets you.

Preacher can preach against gay marriage all day long, but not as a legal representative of an institution receiving tax exemption. (In that scenario)

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Views on overturning of prop 8.

Daily Show: Californigaytion

Olbermann

Napolitano thinks it's heading to the Supreme Court.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

intrepids video message for this issue:

**Explisive language**

That's how I feel about this. It's so inane and I'm helping to propagate this stupid discussion. Maybe I'll take my own advice.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Can I borrow that for...oh...say all these other issues that are used to be socially divisive in this political game they're attempting to play with our minds? Racism? Gun control? What else?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
What people do behind closed doors or anywhere else for that matter is no ones buisness but thier own.

just my thoughts

Yep! And that's where it needs to stay. Not in the streets, schools, television, church or even in a person's front yard.

It doesn't matter what I think. We're all going to die one day and then it'll be too late to say "maybe I should've listened."

Don't try and change my thinking. There may be a chance I may be wrong about my opinion but then that's me.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I forgot to mention that the funniest part of the Daily Show story was what it revealed that the judge...

"Judge Vaughn Walker is a Republican who was first nominated to the bench by President Ronald Reagan. The unexpected ironies do not stop there. His nomination was stalled in the Senate Judiciary Committee over accusations that Walker was too conservative." Source

Maybe this has already been mentioned. Politics are silly.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by texastig

Dude ok then, a gay guy and his partner goes into a church, the usual self righteous assholes then do the usual abomination speech and these guys then go. Never to return.

Is it your job to convict people of sin or the holy Spirits? Is it your job to work that great work in peoples herts or the Holy Spirits? Can YOU convict anyone? But you do. You deny them their Father because of your own venom. Yet its ok for unmarried moms to be there, people who have commited adultery, people who have stolen, people who have broke every one of Gods commandments including you and deny them salvation...

IT IS THE HOLY SPIRITS JOB TO CONVICT PEOPLE OF SIN NOT YOURS! It is God who does the work on people NOT YOU!

How on earth does someone's choice to get up and leave a church deny them the father?

That is asinine...

If you think you need a church to have a connection with God, then you completely misunderstand God and spirituality.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Just another federal judge attempting to abuse his/her authority over the American people...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by I AM LEGION

I wrote this for another website and think it might be fitting here.

Our laws are based on humanitarian principles rather than political and ideological viewpoints. Being gay is a natural, regularly occurring fact of life - not a choice nor a genetic anomaly. Equal protection and marriage rights granted to ALL consenting adults, without discrimination based on sex, is not only worth fighting for, it is lawful, just, and perhaps even CRIMINALLY late in coming.

- r u seth or cain

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... Not related to this, unfortunately I can't make threads as I am a new user, but this is pretty big I think so can someone please make a thread with this link. Thanks

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Slowpoke

I'm sorry to bump this thread, but this is my first post here and this inspired me to stop lurking and register. I am a gay man and completely respect your post. I understand that some people (usually straight males) find the thought of two guys together disgusting. I don't understand why, as I don't find two people of the same sex disgusting, nor two lesbians, however I believe it is because of social conditioning from an early age. A lot of teenagers now do not have a problem seeing same sex couples, nor do their minds automatically jump from a simple peck on the cheek in public to naughty bondage S&M in the bedroom.

It's really nice to have straight people help us as advocates, or at least acknowledge that their way of thinking is outdated in the 21st century. I respect your opinions and your views, just as you respect my rights to pursue happiness.

There are a lot of things that my straight friends do in bed that are very disgusting in my eyes, but I don't go around telling them that. Also, a lot of people seem to be stuck on this anal issue as if that's the defining act of being gay. There are a lot of gay men who do not participate in anal sex. The last study I read a few years ago stated that as many as 50% of couples do not participate in that sex act. I do not have the link, and obviously it's not a perfect study either, but I do know quite a few gay people who do not participate in anal. Let's also not forget all of those deviant straight people who participate in this activity also! Anything besides missionary is "deviant". That includes oral, anal, mutual masturbation, rubbing, licking, etc. The only thing that is not "deviant" is the missionary position. So with this, why are so many people caught up with calling a loving couple that just happens to have the same parts down there deviant?

The Bible has many flaws in it, sometimes it's an eye for an eye, other times it is thou shalt not kill. Then again, turn the other cheek. Also, it's an "abomination" to eat shellfish in Leviticus, and before anyone says that it's Old Testament and Christians don't follow that anymore because Jesus died on the cross to absolve us from those sins, why doesn't someone explain and point out the passage that says, "Jesus essentially died for all sins except homosexuality," since as a gay male, I have heard enough Leviticus to last me a lifetime.

I lived in Brisbane Australia for a while and went to a church that was smack in the middle of the red light district... This ws a great church full of true Christians who did loads in that community... Because of the none judgementlness and acceptence of that church a transvestite started to come. He wore womens clothes, was openly gay but was accepted... Weeks passed by then this guy turned up in male clothes and we could not recognise who he was... He went to the front and gave himself to God... He is now a big time preacher who ministers to th LGBT community.. He is married with kids.. All because we just loved on him and let God do the work... And He did indeed...

I miss that place... TRUE CHURCH... You can keep your laodician crap..

One thing to note is that transvestites are simply men who get their jollies out of wearing women clothing. A transgendered person is one who feels they are born the wrong sex. Either way, props up to that church, hopefully he isn't trying to convert gays to being straight though, but just preaches at a tolerant church welcoming the LGBT community. Those churches are fun to go to, and you usually feel like you're actually loved instead of that you're going straight to Hell as soon as you leave the doors.
edit on 25-12-2010 by Castrofan because: Found another post I wanted to quote.

People here claim to follow science to the "T", yet they blindly turn away when it comes to homosexuality.

"Opposites attract", isn't that a fundamental law? And without having to play "Creator" and mess with science, men cannot have children with men. Neither can women with women. It just doesn't work without doing some serious tampering.

We were made the way we are for a purpose, by God, Aliens or Mother Nature. Men have penises, women have vagina's, it's not exactly rocket science to realize, "Hey! They fit!".

Hate away, at least I'm being honest and telling it how it is. And just an FYI: From a person who doesn't have a player in the game, it really looks lame when someone claims, "Oh, you're just trying to shove your religious beliefs down our throats!" while you all are doing the same thing about forcing others to accept homosexuality.

Opposites can mean a range of things, primarily being personality traits in this circumstance. If you want to be ignorant and take "opposites attract" out of context, then how about we ask why cats and dogs don't mate. I mean, they are opposites, after all.

Also, despite what I said earlier about anal, believe it or not (I know it's hard to fathom), but a penis also fits in an anus as well as a mouth. Guess what the real kicker is! The man's g-spot is his prostate which is, you guessed it, in his ass.

edit on 25-12-2010 by Castrofan because: Found another post I wanted to quote.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by I AM LEGION

I finally bumped into this video in which Alan Keyes educates the viewer....

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join