It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge declares US gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by texastig

So who is asking about God's word? Why can't you believe what you want, BUT LEARN TO MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS?
I, and a whole lot of American citizens couldn't care less about what you consider "God's word"!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Wow texas, im just done with you. I'm not the most intelligent person in the world but you're sucking the I.Q. right outta me. Enjoy spreading your bias and false "facts', hope you find someone to listen.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Steve8511
Yes! If they are allowing a bedroom fetish to marry and have full benefits I’m going to get 10 wives !!! Yahoo!
If one whacked out fetish get recognized all should-right? They are not special.

Oh man, I didn't realize that I gave up my entire family, two decades worth of friends, and (according to people like you) a happy afterlife all for a little sexual fetish. Thank you for opening my eyes!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Homosexuality is repulsive to me. It is counter to my internal nature and when I witness loving acts between two men it makes my skin crawl.

Now that i have said that...in our nation the United States sexual choice is exactly that a choice. It is something from ones internal nature and no one else should be allowed to define that for you even if it makes their skin crawl, is against their religion, or own nature. Even if it is an abbirition, an unatural choice, brain defect or simply a preference it does not matter.

No human being has a right to impose their own world view on another unless and only in the case where that world view is harming someone else unvoluntarily.

Deniying gay people the right to mary is no different than deniing women and blacks the right to vote.

As much as the behavior is upseting to me it is not in anyway my right to determine what someone else does with their emotions, love life or sexual parts.

It is only a matter of time before it is legal in the US because that is what the US is ALL about. FREEDOM.

You people who try to control others need to get over yourselves and let it go cause its a fight you will lose and should lose in the long run. If you were to win then America would not be what it is suppose to represent and you have created an obomination of a nation.

Someone love choice are none of your business no mattrer how right or wrong you may feel your belief system is.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by texastig
That's all people with low morals. But the LBGT have higher rates than others and that's a fact.

Getting an STD has absolutely nothing to do with low morals. Low morals only increase the odds. And doesn't guarantee an STD period. Especially if safesex is followed.

So is an STDless safe-sex homosexual couple morally upright because they didn't get an STD?

I like your Litmus test checks... So scientific!

[edit on 9-7-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Very well stated. It's always refreshing to see a person who is well versed involved in a discussion where doctrine is being spouted to further self agenda's. Star for you. =)

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
YAH BARUCH!! Some of the so-called Christians on this site really grind my gears with their pathetic attempts of using religion to vent their inherant bigotry and vile attitudes.... For a start it is not our job to judge folks but to love on them without condition... When you become Christian you lose the right to be a venom filled hater to one who SHOWS love... All your stinking attitude proves is that you havent really been to the cross and havent Surrenderd yourself wholly... You cling onto you flesh decrying all thst is wrong but not showing Gods love to those you hate.. Who are you to withdraw gods love from ANYONE?! You attitudes keep them from church, your attitudes deny these people from knowing God and you become an instriment of satan by doing what Yeshua said in Mathew 23 "For you shut up the Kingdom of Heaven against men. For you do not go in youselves nor do you allow those who want to enter to go in either"..... Hypocrites! You are guilty for the damnation of many... And probably yourselves

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 6minutes212

Again, site sources for these facts please. I can tell you, I grew up in a straight home, was taught religion, all the while my alcoholic pilled out parents beat each other and dropped me off at places to go party. So yeah, thank GOD they weren't gay, otherwise my childhood may have been tainted.

Religion is no good. But a relationship with Jesus is good.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Christianity is not a cult. The Bible states to judge with righteous judgment. The Bible states that those who live in sexual perversion will not go to Heaven. Concerning the "Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake". He talking about those who follow Him that are persecuted.

Christianity is a cult following, I'm sorry that because you see the word "cult" you become offended because YOU negatively associate it with bad cults. A cult is a cult.

Secondly, yet again. The Old Testament, otherwise known as the Old Covenant is NOT Jesus. Hence is not Christianity.

Jesus released EVERYONE from the rules of the Old Covenant so that they may follow the new Covenant.

So stop quoting the Old Covenant as basis for your Christian morals. As a Christian it should solely be the New Covenant. Otherwise known as the teachings of Jesus.

Jesus clearly said let he who is without sin cast the first stone, ie judge. You are guilty of sin. As am I. Therefore neither of us are worthy in his eyes to be judge. Only he is worthy.

You are to love your enemies as your neighbor, and treat them with the kindness and compassion and you would expect regardless of what they have done.

Your years of being a "Christian" are meaningless. It's what you have learned and what is in your heart. Not how long it's taken you to get there.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 6minutes212

Never once have I forced my "views" on a child. Though I have passed by, and saw much media coverage with children being brought to anti-gay rallies by their parents or their church and being taught hatred and bigotry.

Jesus taught to love the sinner but not the sin. Any sex outside of marriage (marriage being between a man and woman) is sin.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Marriage is unconstitutional.

Marriage is a personal matter between two people. The government should not offer silly trinkets for saying its legal or not.

As to tax breaks, which is the only real reason this matter matters, tax break those who's children go to college. Tax break them more for graduating college. Tax break them more for good grades in grammar school and elsewhere. Don't matter what their parents are doing, the did something right to get the kid that way.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
YAH BARUCH!!

Yahuwah Yahweh brother.
2nd line.

And as a side note to you "Christians" when you say Amen. You are actually Saying (Praise be to) Amun (Ra). You attend Church on "Sun" day, to give worship to the "Sun" god.

Hallelujah is the proper way to praise the one true god.
Halelu JAH.

Hallelujah, Halleluyah and the Latin form Alleluia are transliterations of the Hebrew word הַלְּלוּיָהּ (Standard Halleluya, Tiberian Halləlûyāh) meaning "Praise (הַלְּלוּ) Yahweh (from the first two letters of the Tetragrammaton יהוה) (יָהּ)" and is similar to the Arabic phrase Alhamdulillah, used by Muslims and by Arabic-speaking Jews and Christians. Hallelujah is found primarily in the book of Psalms. The word is used in Judaism as part of the Hallel prayers, and in Christian prayer, particularly in the Catholic Mass. It has been accepted into the English language and has a similar pronunciation in many other languages.

en.wikipedia.org...

Know your religion before you use it inadvertently to oppress people.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
People keep voting down gay marriage.

The majority keeps voting no on this issue.

I'm pretty sure this makes it consitutional
especially compared to some of the amazing stuff that does pass for constituional so having a judge in Mass. say it isn't,
doesn't mean all that much here.
Right!?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

nope. Judges are not bound by the people's opinion. They are bound by their interpretation of the constitution.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

YAH Baruch is God bless in Hebrew... I know my religion and dont need a lesson or a wicki link

Thanks

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
People keep voting down gay marriage.

The majority keeps voting no on this issue.

I'm pretty sure this makes it consitutional
especially compared to some of the amazing stuff that does pass for constituional so having a judge in Mass. say it isn't,
doesn't mean all that much here.
Right!?

Voting on something you do not have a right to vote on. Doesn't make it Constitutional to our Democratic Republic.

It circumvents this by becoming a total Democracy devoid of actual law, and merely majority rule. And under majority rule, murder can be legal one day and illegal the next for convenience.

ie. not Law. Just legal. And if you don't know the difference between lawful and legal, you need to read.

So saying it is, doesn't mean much here. Especially when you're ignorant to your own legal system.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

YAH Baruch is God bless in Hebrew... I know my religion and dont need a lesson or a wicki link

Thanks

The wiki was not for you, but those who claim to be "Christian". I recognized your praise, and praised with you.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux

Babies thrive better with a mom and dad and that is a fact.

Prove it, I want to see numbers.

Did you ever stop to think that one of us may consider what you do in the bedroom to be perverted and disgusting?

Why is it that breeding more inept hate filled children that will make no beneficial impact on the world is what legitimizes your relationships?

Here's a few numbers in this article: townhall.com...

Here's another study:
www.drtraycehansen.com...

The bedroom? Men and women who have normal sex is not disgusting. Their bodies are made for normal sex, not anal sex.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Babies thrive better with a mom and dad and that is a fact.

Babies can only be created by a mom and a dad. That's another fact that escapes the minds of same-sex marriage activist when they talk about parental rights. I guess the up-side is that they don't have to put those "My kid is an honor student" stickers on their cars. Do you know how hard those are to remove?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Captain Obvious

They made sperm from a woman's bone marrow....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join