It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conditioning the American people to support war with Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I was watching the morning news while I was getting ready for work this morning. During one one of the commercial breaks they ran this 30 second ad.

The ad compares Obama to Neville Chamberlain and Iran with the Nazi Germany. It goes on to state that diplomacy is not the way to deal with Iran because they are a threat to the entire world just like the Nazis were and must be stopped before millions of people die.

I saw this ad a few times today on different channels all I could think of is that they are trying to condition the people to support war with Iran. Since the idea that Iran is a threat to Isreal was not gaining enough American support for war, they decided to go with the lie that Iran is a threat to the whole world. Obama must not appease Iran like Chamberlain did with Hitler.

This is the propganda that is being fed to the American people. I fear that war with Iran is just around the corner another. The pieces are in place.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
What else would you expect from our leaders?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Good luck with getting the American people to support this. We are so fed up w/ lies that end up with illegal wars. Hell no, we will never support this..
We're SUPPOSED to be done with Iraq by now, but this puppet in office has yet to even do that!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

The people on ATS are not the "average joe", we may not support this, but the majority of the American "sheeple" will just accept whatever they are told.

It is a very sad truth, but it is a truth.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Ummmm.... could be spot on, according to this recent development, reported by the "JPost"

www.jpost.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

The people on ATS are not the "average joe", we may not support this, but the majority of the American "sheeple" will just accept whatever they are told.

It is a very sad truth, but it is a truth.

That's what worries me. The sheeple will see this and fall for it. Another preemptive war for what? Iran is not threat to America, I don't lose any sleep worrying about the Iranians coming to kill me. They may be a threat to Israel but I don't see that as a reason to send Americans sons to die.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

I fear that war with Iran is just around the corner another. The pieces are in place.

I feel many are wasting their time with such propaganda. I also feel this is more about making Obama look bad and Iran is just a piece of the decoration.

I just don't see Americans chanting for another war at this moment.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I hope you are right. I would like to think the American people are at least smart enough not to fall for the lies again like they did with the WMD in Iraq BS. Who knows though. The war machine keeps rolling.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I doubt anything serious would happen. Iran would be destroyed in a serious war with America, but that wouldn't happen. It would be petty fighting, with the USA bombing a few nuclear sites, and Iran bombing a few USA ships & planes. No one wants to look like the bad guy anymore.

Did everyone forget the Iran election-riots? A very large percentage of the Iranian population hates their government. They hate the Ayatollah. They hate being forced to dress a certain way, act a certain way, etc.. At least 30-40% of the population would support America in a war.

What would Ahmadinejad do to handle that situation? Of course, it would likely cause a civil war, ending with either an even more strict Islamic government, or a secular government.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I would like to think the American people are at least smart enough not to fall for the lies again like they did with the WMD in Iraq BS.

I just don't think the US would have given Iran this much time to get prepared. In the end, Iran gets its nuke and the US gets the contracts to defend the rest of the Middle East from Iran. That's my prediction.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Honestly I've given up fighting against tptb. its impossible to stop them. just look at the healthcare bill recently passed. i dont know a single person who thought that was a good idea, yet, it was passed!! if they want to start a war with Iran, they will.
Now where would you rather be when they do what they want to do. On American soil, or fighting with us, or on theyre soil getting pounded with missle fire and ruthless american jewish assholes.
Or when ww3 starts, where would you want to be. its not a matter of stopping it, but picking what YOU want to do with YOUR life and figuring out how you want to spend your remaining days on this earth, even if its the next 50 years. You wont live forever. Stop being afraid to die.

Just live and be happy. stop worrying.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The entire "free market" economy is in shambles. Most economies in the western hemisphere have been on a borrowing binge for decades whereas their industries have not generated enough revenue and business to pay back the massive debt. The result is that this time around, unlike in 2008, entire Sovereigns and not just private corporations are on the verge of collapse. When the Greek economy threatened to implode, a huge sum of more than 700 Billion Euros were printed by the "Central" banks out of thin air in order to stem the rot. But despite that ,the "real" economic figures like unemployment rate and business generation statistics are not encouraging at all. Private banks are playing a major role to prop up the Dow Jones and other indexes whereas the MSM is acting like a cheerleader. If we follow the history, then it is clear that World War 2 happened on the verge of Great Depression. World War 2 acted like a reset button. These subtle propaganda campaign are aimed at priming the sheeple for another war. It is likely to be Iran.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Its a well known fact that the vast majority of Iranians did in fact support their government. The riots were an exact replica of the riots created by Kermit Roosevelt in order to overthrown the democratically elected Magadesh - the twitter feeds and facebook pages came from Israel and the CIA - the polls and recount all confirmed what the preliminary polls suggested - a landslide victory to Ahmedinijad.

Even the face of the revolution - the young girl who was shot - turned out to have been shot with a CIA issued bullet.

Finally the paid protests orchestrated by the CIA paled into insignificance compared to the hundreds of thousands who turned out to show their support for Ahmedinijad but were simply ignored by western media.

Please - for everyones sake - know your history, understand the coups orchestrated by the CIA in Iran (and dozens of other countries) and how they work. Stop falling for the charades.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Do people really enjoy having their intelligence insulted in such an obvious manner? It seems to me this commercial targets the same clueless morons who do not know which country the USA defeated to gain their independence.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

I agree with you. This ad panders to the lowest IQs in America. The ones that will believe any crap that TPTB throw at them.

I saw this ad again twice this morning while I was getting ready for work. I just shake my head in disbelief.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

Iran: 98%+ Muslim

Iranian-Americans: 40%- Muslim

That's a little staggering. Whatever the reason is, whether you argue that non-Muslims are more likely to leave the country, or that many Iranian-Muslims are actually fake Muslims who don't want to get in trouble with Iran's apostasy laws by admitting they don't believe in Islam. . . Either way, there is a problem with the Iranian government's treatment of those who don't comply with Islamic Law, and the problem is:

Separation of Church & State.

(Then again, a radical Muslim doesn't believe in a separation of church & state, which happens to limit the freedom of any non-radical-muslim.)

If the CIA is trying to weaken the INSANE radical Islamic government of Iran, it doesn't seem evil to me. What is evil about the CIA is their tactics & murders, not their ultimate goals. Yes, I think the CIA is fighting fire with fire, and it can cause innocents in the middle to be harmed.

What can we do about it? Write a letter to the CIA nicely criticizing their acts, and see how that goes. Let me know.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

My...My to what lengths these warmongers will go to fill their bloodlust. Welcome to same old rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO
We're SUPPOSED to be done with Iraq by now....

Really? I never knew that there was a "freshness date" on a war.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I just noticed that the advert was paid for by - Citizens United www.citizensunited.org - apparently they are "Dedicated to restoring our government to citizen control"

I don't know enough about them to have an informed opinion - but I don't think they've quite managed to get control yet judging by the advert

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Nice to see they brought up Hittler

Maybe they would like to tell us how grandad Bush was trading with the enermy during WWII and then went on to have a son and granson as USA presidents.

Operation paperclip took german SS guards and put them in the CIA

you real could not make this up.

Iran + Zero Nukes=Major threat to the world
Iserail + 200 nukes = Our freind that want to see the end times

Americans you have a cancer and need to destroy that cancer before it destroys you and i'm sure you have already noticed the a few patches breaking out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join