It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Sun on CBC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
While CBC were doing there news reporting for the heatwave this week, everyone from comments section, including commenters, have noted and pleased the first picture of the artlice.

www.cbc.ca...

A man sleeps on a park bench early Monday morning near Lake Shore Boulevard and Park Lawn Road as the sun rises over a smoggy Toronto. (Submitted by David Bradley) Read more: www.cbc.ca...#ixzz0t0Wyu4AX

I believe David Bradley is a well known photographer, so this photo or if you want call it the greatest picture, this hasnt been edited in any way nor sun flare.

Lens flares do not casue something like this, lensflare will cause an orb look feeling in a photo

www.xaraxone.com...

Hope you enjoy the picture just out of the curiosity the media news crew only focused on fliming on the people and the ground, the weather network and other
didnt bother fliming or taking pictures of the sun for some strange reason.

They usually take photos and videos of the sun for stories such as this on normal days.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I do enjoy it however what is the explanation for this? What do you think?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Could be a sundog, formed from ice crystals in the upper atmosphere refracting light. Usually they are a bit more separated, but there are many variations of sundogs.

The distance apart usually is determined by how high the sun is in the sky. This photo does look like it is setting and quite low, so it is plausable.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Ok.

I wake up everyday and witness the sunrise in my area. (mid-eastern US)
Everyday I drive to work around 6am.
I can see the sun clearly enough to visualize the entire circumference.
Because it's in the early morning, there is no 'blinding effect', either.

There's no 'second sun'.
I've never witnessed any other 'sun' in the sky but our own.

The picture is clearly a photograph anomaly and nothing else.

Sorry, but that's the truth.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Like havok said, this is just a photopgraphing anomoly. Looks like common garden lensflare to me

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Here we go again

How come your second sun mysteriously 'vanishes' if you look at the sun through a welding mask? How come you can only project one sun using binoculars or the old pinhole in a sheet of paper? How come the thousands of amateur astronomers with solar telescopes all around the world haven't seen it?
How come a second sunner hasn't ever splashed out a few hundred dollars to buy a solar telescope and posted the incredible images online for all to see? No, don't tell me, some people have tried but they 'mysteriously vanish' or are remote mind wiped by Obama using HAARP.
Hello, McFly? It's an optical illusion caused either by atmospheric anomalies or it's caused by the optics in the camera itself.
The beauty of the second sun rubbish people keep posting is they could so easily prove it if it were real by spending a relatively small amount of money to take some astounding pictures. I wonder how many have actually done this only to look through their new purchase in dismay before slinking off with their tail between their legs hoping no-one noticed?
This thread belongs with 'my camera took a picture of itself' in the one special place everything like this does, in the garbage.
If only people paid attention in class

[edit on 7-7-2010 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well, my two cents....Is Star Aderoid will be the brightest in the sky, starting 10th June. It will look as large as the sun by naked eye. This will culminate on 21st June when the star comes within 34.65M miles of the earth.
it shows up during daylight. Maybe I can find a picture or just google it.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
No... No it won't.... It's not even possible, if you even think it is then I'd be wasting my time explaing why it's not. There isn't even a star called that. It's obviously just a rehash of the Mars crap that goes out yearly.

www.hoax-slayer.com...

www.snopes.com...

Oh, and not to mention we're well into July now

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

Have you proven that this second sun is really an anomaly? no

Why dont you go buy the 10 k camera and proof that this second sun pictures are al rubbish, so maybe your posts will hold some water.

Do you seriously think that if there was a huge planet heading to the solar system that might possibly wreck havoc on earth that nasa and all the scientists would tell the people so there could be mass panic? no the governments would keep this secret and wait until the last minute so business would just run as usual. The presidents, kings and queens would prepare to hide in the UNDERGROUND bunkers, while everybody else dies when the SHTF.

Now if you really seriously think that the governments of the world would tell the people, "Hey there is a unknown planet heading to the solar system and it's course will hit a planet causing serious disturbances in the orbits of all planets that might lead to earthqueakes, and all types of disasters please prepare an underground bunker in case this happens so you can hide you and your loved ones" Then I'm afraid your membership here in ATS for the last 7 years has been sham since you really haven't learned that the government is really not looking out for you, but they only look out for themselves.

So again before we go ahead and believe in your good word that this is just an optical illusion why don't you just go ahead and proove it with some evidence.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A heat wave weighs heavy on those that are not used to it. A photograph viewed by the masses can perceive the unconscious subtleties of viewing a second sun.

I have noticed the sun quite a bit this year as having a sort of high radiant level at different times. I can water plants and gardens and notice the level at which the sun has evaporated it and the plants that are losing moisture to the sun. Very odd year. My fruit trees are not behaving at all like they used to. The timing if off.

The visual cue to my psyche can relate to this photograph. The number of posts on just the sun alone here at ATS tells us there is a change in the making, magnet pole shifts, Electric Universe, Super massive CME, and my favorite the galactic off-switch procession/reset mode! I love that one!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
How can I 'prove it'? Anything I submit would be 'doctored' and 'edited' unless it supported this ridiculous assertion. The only way you can prove it is to look yourself, go and buy a cheap welding mask and look at the sun.. OMG, there's only one! Who would have thought it?
I don't need to take any offical word for anything, I have my own background in physics to go by so I can form my own opinions, I have my own equipment (including my modest newtonian telescope) to make my own observations. My publishing of anything would be a waste of time as whenever I have done so in the past I immediately must work for the 'gubmint' as it is always evidence against these ridiculous claims.
I don't trust anyone official to provide me with information about anything dire either, hence why I strive to understand as much myself and collect as much data myself as possible. For instance this afternoon I construced a crude magnetometer allowing me to observe the fluctuations in intensity of the Earths magnetic field as it interacts with the solar wind. It's kiddy stuff to be honest, anyone could do it but the problem is doing so quickly disproves many wild theories so it's a bit boring

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Well yes we are due for a large solar storm soon which with our current level of technology will be disasterous if it is of the same intensity as the one in the late 1800s for instance. And this isn't being covered up either, there is earnest talk of this amongst scientists but at the same time there is not the money to prepare our infrastructure to withstand it. We are at the start of Solar Cycle 24, so if there is going to be a large storm it will be in the next 3 years or so. It will disrupt communications and power, which will have a knock on affect on many other services. For instance, the inability to dispense fuel would mean no food deliveries. Water pumping stations and sewage processing plants becoming inoperative, etc.
There is no second Sun though in the immediate vicinity, it is a completely absurd idea than can be debunked in many ways - the easiest being the purchase of a cheap welding mask to enable one to observe the sun. The result - no second sun to be seen! And if there was an object close enough to observe in the manner being suggested then the gravitational forces exerted by it's mass would create a much larger calamity than 'a funny feeling of late' or it feeling 'a bit hot'.

Originally posted by bartholomeo

Now if you really seriously think that the governments of the world would tell the people, "Hey there is a unknown planet heading to the solar system and it's course will hit a planet causing serious disturbances in the orbits of all planets that might lead to earthqueakes, and all types of disasters please prepare an underground bunker in case this happens so you can hide you and your loved ones" Then I'm afraid your membership here in ATS for the last 7 years has been sham since you really haven't learned that the government is really not looking out for you, but they only look out for themselves.

Since when did I say I trust the Government? You preaching to the converted my friend. The problem is with people like you, there only seem to be to different options:

1) The Official Story
2) The Truth

It's not like that I'm afraid, not everything we are told officially is false and in the same way everything that is 'out of the box' or against the official line isn't necessarily true either.

Solar storms coming to disrupt everything, yes - VERY likely!
The Nemesis star disrupting us in the near future - yes something I think may be possible.

Optical illusions caused by the atmosphere or camera optics being a second sun -

Sorry, but if you were even close to having the level of understanding I do then you would find it equally absurd. And don't try and categorise me as being some sort of Government lover just because I have a brain and I'm not a dumb sheep that follows blindly. I'm not talking about following the authorities either, I'm talking about following some of the dumb ideas floating about on the Internet designed to appeal to the gullible and uneducated..

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bartholomeo

just be glad if a second sun really isn't there in the photo.
if there was a second sun it might show up somewhere else entirely
in the sky..not always hugging our own. that is my amateurish guess.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

11:11 is the 'two suns', this was the wake-up call to us all. Everywhere we look we see the signs telling us and giving us the cues.

That is what this picture tells us, that we are moving from the old sun into the new sun; once the sun is done we will be a new age of man if we make it.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Sorry this was a sunset, not sunrise, i just checked it seems cbc forget to mention it, sorry about that

I do remember yesterday it was a bit orangey,yellow due to the smog.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

It's very obviously a lens flare as anyone who regularly takes pictures of the sun will know. There's really nothing else to say.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Look, I appreciate you being honest and do understand your point of view when it comes to wild theories such as planet x intruding in the solar system. I just don't think is fair to dismiss everything you see as ridiculous claims, I mean you got the picture with the sun having a big round cirlce on it"s top left corner, it's not like is some ridiculous claim.

I do know there is quite a few videos in youtube claiming to be a second sun that are fake, but this one is on the paper and a professional photographer took it not some amateur one.

All am saying is that it's worth investigating a little more, and I will look into it myself with a weilding mask as well as buying a more decent camera to watch the sun a little more than usual to look out for this supposed second sun.

I don't totally believe the second sun planet is out there I just think is woth investigating a little more.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

1. I am not your friend

2. I am not the problem

3. Ideas put forth on ATS to discuss and investigate are not for the gullible and uneducated, if they were than this means you are calling everyone here on ATS gullible and uneducated because we want to discuss a certain topic which you don't like much or preferred members not to disscuss.

4. If it were up to you I would say you would have 99% of the threads here on ATS shut down closed or dismissed as garbage as your stated in your previous post.

5. The reality of it is that I am not really here to proof or disproof this theory of the second sun but to blow the lid on the type of attitude you display when discussing something, say "Unusual".

6. Stating your background and degree in physics once is ok, stating it twice is pride, meaning showing it off, displaying a holier than thou attitude, or maybe trying to use it as an excuse for self esteem.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bartholomeo

its called a sun dog caused by light refraction from the sun due to atmospheric conditions (be it smog, fog, clouds, ice particles in the upper atmosphere, etc).

OP even said here it was sunset, and smoggy out-- easily explains the visual phenomenon without requiring lense flares.

If there was a second star that noticibly big, it would be impossible to cover up, noticable by everyone including your neighbor's blind dog.

ps not all cameras or lenses cause flares the same way either.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by SlasherOfVeils]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

Actually, it's not a sundog, it's a lens flare caused by the brightness of the sun. Similar to this, but closer to the sun:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9f2ed69a5a8.jpg[/atsimg]

These are sundogs

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a561b73b8224.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba946068051f.jpg[/atsimg]

They're always further from the Sun (typical 22 degrees) directly to the left or right. You can usually see the cirrus clouds in which they form.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join