It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed police seal off town in hunt for Tyneside gunman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Armed police seal off town in hunt for Tyneside gunman

news.bbc.co.uk

Armed officers searching for suspected gunman Raoul Moat have stormed disused farm buildings in a Northumberland village.

An exclusion zone was set up in the area after a black Lexus believed to be used by him was found in Rothbury.

The public has been warned that Moat is still at large and people should stay indoors.

The 37-year-old has been on the run since allegedly shooting three people, one fatally, over the weekend.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 7/8/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
(Accidently posted on BTS originally, apologies)

Just weeks after Derrick Bird went on a rampage through my home county of Cumbria shooting dead 12 people, another madman is on a rampage through a neighbouring county after shooting two people (killing one) and wounding a police officer.

He has declared war on the police, but insists members of the public have nothing to fear.

I am watching the hunt live on BBC News now. Will let you all know the outcome (although that is pretty obvious)

What the hell is going on up here in the north of England, it's gone mad!!

Timeline: Tyneside shootings
news.bbc.co.uk...

Gunman 'declares war on police'
news.bbc.co.uk...

They have found his car and set up a 2 mile exclusion zone and 5000ft no fly zone??? Probably to keep the press copters out of the way.

Two men have been arrested on conspiracy to commit murder, i think they were believed to be hostages originally. But the main geezer is still on the loose.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 7/8/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
OK, back on track, lol.

Todays updates.....

Hunt intensifies for suspected gunman Raoul Moat
news.bbc.co.uk...

Police have since been handed a a 49-page handwritten letter apparently from Moat in which he "declared war" on them. In the letter, Moat said: "The public need not fear me but the police should as I won't stop 'till I'm dead."

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
£10,000 reward for his capture, might have to get myself up to Northumbria.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Everton

i'll start at one end, you at the other and meet in the middle, 60/40 split of the 10 grand in favour of the finder, i'm bringing my replica of Conner McLeods broadsword, i'd like to see his shotgun fair up to that! hehe

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I hope they catch this nutjob soon before anyone else gets hurt. What a calculating loser.

I'm wondering what he's trying to get out of this, because he can only run for so long.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by invetro

I think its a combination of the woman he loves cheating on him and then hearing her and her new lover mocking him through an open window, not being able to see his kids, years of trouble with the police topped off with an unhealthy dose of 'roid rage.

Hiss anger does only seem directed at the police now.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The MET are sending 40 armed trained marksmen with sniper rifles to join the 100 or so armed officers from Northumberland, Cumbria and Lancashire that are already out looking, and Northern Island are sending over 20 armoured vehicles to join the search.......

Bloody hell, they guy wanted a war with the police and he got one.

One man vs a massive task force, lol.

[edit on 7/7/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Still haven't found him...

This is right on my doorstep too lol.

Although it is very under-reported, in my opinion. Especially as he's still at large.

He also armed-robbed a fish and chip shop.

Don't you love being from the North?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Raoul Moat eh? If he has taken refuge in a castle, all he has to do is pull up the drawbridge and wait for the siege....

Sorry could not resist.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I live in central PA and there a multiple shootings in my city and surrounding cities on a daily basis. It barely makes news anymore - we've become so callous to it. At least you all are still shocked over there when it happens! For us it is just another day. Not long ago there was a shooting in front of a playground and on the news we were told the gunman was hiding out somewhere in my area. I never even saw one police patrolling my neighborhood!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

way aye, It has its charms i suppose, nice scenery, lol.

First here, now over there, whats next? Theres been another two firearms incidents here in workington yesterday(police van had its back window shot out), ok, just air rifles, but still firearms nonetheless. (and aimed at the police).

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well it's almost over, they have him cornered, he has the sawn off shotgun to his own throat.
There has a been a stand off for a few hours as they are trying to negotiate a peaceful surrender.

I don't believe them when they now say he has threatened the wider public, I think this is just the police trying to ensure someone turns him in.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
wrong button should of bin thread but sos

[edit on 9/7/10 by impyroo]

new topics

top topics

join