It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never before seen UFO photos - Debunkers?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by black cat

I created it. I am a professional graphic designer.

I used the craft in this drawing for the "Nevada Sphere"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6606767b104d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
So you made some picture's to show how easy it can be? It worked haha. Unfortunately people don't read and they are looking typical to what your initial intent was as the OP. I can't stop laughing man pure entertainment. This was better then looking at a thread where there was something that isn't norm and people are bashing the hell out it. A good quote to live by "Where we have strong belief's, we are more liable to fool ourselves" from the man Carl Sagan.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Originally posted by -Blackout-
I have seen that 3rd picture somewhere before.......

Without the UFO I'm guessing, because I assure you I created it.

I actually got a kick out of the people that didn't read that they were fake and complimented the photos. I got a kick out of it because it further illustrates my point in creating this thread.

Thanks to you. Some people just like to look at all the pretty pictures, and don't even read the words.
In my mind, you've basically proven that most UFO pictures are fakes, because most closely resemble to ones you've made, and Lord knows how many people eat those up. People are so eager to believe, they ignore reality, and latch on to vague, questionable "evidence."

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by black cat
This object:

As for the last UFO that object is the same as one of the STS "Tether" UFOs or one of the objects seen in orbit around Earth.

Not quite.

I used elements from this image to comprise my final image; "Disk above Rome"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b4da285369f.gif[/atsimg]

My Image "Disk Above Rome":
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a90c657f774f.jpg[/atsimg]

No compliments on my stories yet?

[edit on 6-7-2010 by The_Zomar]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuestionTheGovernment
So you made some picture's to show how easy it can be? It worked haha. Unfortunately people don't read and they are looking typical to what your initial intent was as the OP. I can't stop laughing man pure entertainment. This was better then looking at a thread where there was something that isn't norm and people are bashing the hell out it. A good quote to live by "Where we have strong belief's, we are more liable to fool ourselves" from the man Carl Sagan.

Oh yeah, that's great. So what's the point? Everyone visiting the UFO forums who open a thread containing pictures should look for the fine print reading "These aren't real, I created them all myself - Ha Ha on you if you took these seriously!"??? This forum exists for a reason, not for childish pranks and not to make fun of people.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
And this:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Black Cat, I am not out to make fun of anyone. I was just showing that many people blindly believe images that they are presented with.

And I actually enlarged the font saying I created them. No fine print.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I fell for it as well...
sadly.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChicUFO
I thought the third one was fake as soon as I saw it The UFOs shadow doesn't match the shadow angle in the rocks. Also, the reflection in the water is below the reflection of the tree, it should have been closer to the camera.

Nice!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Obviously you can't believe what everybody else say's right? Some things you just need to take as a grain of salt and be open to all angle's. Probably sketchy photo's of UFO's being one among many.

Edit to add that I myself believe in UFO's which is what brought me here. Some people just try to hard maybe???

[edit on 6-7-2010 by QuestionTheGovernment]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by black cat
This object:
Edit: I just read the bottom of your post that you say you created these pictures. Threads like this one don't serve any purpose but to mock believers in UFOs and discredit legitimate sightings, despite what you say about being a believer.

This thread doesn't serve a purpose? Apart from showing just how ignorant many people on ATS truly are of course.

You and a few others made posts without even fully reading the OP which is especially embarrassing considering the OP even used enlarged writing to get your attention.

Personally I would like to thank the OP for exposing just how ridiculous things have become - especially in the UFO Forum.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The "mountain pool" picture is tricky, the picture seems to taken quite near the water, as there are reflections of vegetation overhead otherwise not seen. Makes me think that the flying object would not be able to be seen as a reflection in perspective. The unique photograph of the Norway Spiral had it not also moving images on various videos would have been both marveled at and put down as a hoax picture, and indeed, there is still speculation as to what it really was, but the event was real...date, time and place.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Darnit! I had already debunked your third image because of the poorly
aligned reflection, before I read that you had created the photos.
Rats......

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Good Post.
Nice work on the photos.
I appreciate the intent of the OP.
I think it is valid to demonstrate how somewhat convincing photos can be easily created by a talented individual.
Once again, believers beware...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

This thread doesn't serve a purpose? Apart from showing just how ignorant many people on ATS truly are of course.

Please forgive us for our ignorantness oh great and wise(after the fact ofcourse )one

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Let's discuss the Topic and leave each other alone..

Thank you

Semper

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Looking over your shoulder?

Originally posted by The_Zomar

All of these photos have something in common.

Each of these photos were created by me. The stories are all fake.

Come on, there is really no excuse.

Plus, I think this is a valuable thread in that it teaches people to remain vigilant when analysing possible UFO pictures.

People respond to posts here because the expectation is already set that this is a serious venue of debate and discussion.

Well then your expectations are way too high. I don't think there is anything wrong with someone posting faked UFO pictures as long as they are stated as such. It's the people who knowingly post faked images as real sightings that do damage to Ufology.

This could have been a serious debate on the legitimacy of UFO pictures and the difficulty of ascertaining legitimacy in the modern technical age. But no, as per usual, 'believers' get way ahead of themselves in a quest to have their beliefs substantiated thereby completely missing the point of the thread.

Oh well.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Great OP. And yes, it is healthy and necessary to point out how easily some people accept weak evidence and swear by it without any actual proof.

I too believe in the possibility of extraterrestrial life....but one must be willing to accept the fact that most of the claims are simply crap.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Thank you to those who appreciate the thread.

Once again let me say that I wasn't out to really trick anyone. I said that they were indeed fake images at the bottom of my original post. Unedited.

If I were out for attention I would have selected just one photo and said I took it with a camera myself.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join