It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never before seen UFO photos - Debunkers?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Nice object lesson (and reading comprehension lesson as well)

I have to admit, as I scrolled through I wondered "how many posts until the EXIF data request?" If everyone reads the OP, my question is irrelevant. Well played sir.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Nice job piling pointed out crap onto the dung-heap of existing..

I guess? Or is that the point?

So?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Oh, Zomar, you crafty devil.

In this day and age, in the visual arts, anything can be created - that's for sure.

It's a far cry from the days when Elvis reigned supreme and people were airbrushing murals of vikings on the sides of their Chevy Vans.

I remember, back in the 70's, the excitement of finding a book or a magazine with a few UFO photos - sure, they were black and white, grainy, and often of suspicious origin; but they sure instilled a sense of wonder.

Now a person can walk into a department store and buy a life-size foam rubber representation of a 'grey' alien. UFO's and Aliens have become a staple of pop culture.

But I still dig those classic photos!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Great post. As an amateur hoaxer myself I too have tried to point out to people just how easy it is for these things to be faked. You don't even need photo editing software, just get a saucer shaped object throw it into the air and snap the photo.

The fact is that photos and videos just aren't reliable evidence of UFOs (usually). UFOs are one of those topics that are hard to study scientifically as they seem to leave no evidence to unraveling their identity.

Objects in the sky can also be tricky to identify, I've seen planes that appeared almost stationary in the sky from one angle but when they turned to a different angle only then did they become obvious as planes. Most sightings can be chocked up to misidentifications, does that mean we stop looking and investigating - no but it means we have to take into account all the terrestrial explanations when drawing our conclusions.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Star and Flag! A reminder that all is not what it seems! In our quest for the truth any post that helps to raise our standard can only be welcome,

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wow, maybe I should start posting fake pictures to actually get a look at them. I post untouched photos that really need some eyes on them besides mine and the post doesn't even get a look?
Sad.

If anyone is interested in identifying the lights in my pics they're here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
it is my opinion that MOST ufo photos are in fact false. I wanted to show how easy it is to create these photos and stories to go alongside them.

It doesn't hurt to get a reminder that UFO photos can be faked. However, I would disagree that "MOST" UFO photos are fakes and instead say "SOME" UFO photos are faked.

Plenty of UFO photos are real, but they are so often just fuzzy nondescript images, like this 1952 photo:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/209a237ac9da.jpg[/atsimg]
That's really an unidentified aerial phenomenon and not a UFO, probably a reflection.

It was entertaining to read posts about the great photos from people who obviously hadn't read the OP or replies to it pointing out the photos were faked!

or even unexpected images, like this one from the Oldfield film, it's not fake, it's a different type of reflection:[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6554174e811.png[/atsimg]

I think some popular images are fakes though.
The Air force said they think the Helfin photos are faked, and I suspect they are right:

And I suspect the McMinnville photos are faked too, though I can't really prove it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42b0f386da1f.jpg[/atsimg]That picture of a kid on a ladder near where it looked like an object might be hanging from the wire is enough to raise doubts of authenticity, though.

See the wires?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1902b7e3ba56.jpg[/atsimg]Yeah, that would be a great place to hang a model if it was a model they photographed.

I think people were faking UFO photos long before Photoshop or personal computers even existed.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The Heflin photos were debunked as the photographers friend throwing a hubcap across the road I believe. And why is he sitting on the road idle?

But as for the 2nd set of images with the boy on the ladder. I'm not sure what you're seeing...

[edit on 6-7-2010 by The_Zomar]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

But as for the 2nd image set of images with the boy on the ladder. I'm not sure what you're seeing...
Sorry if that was a little cryptic, this should explain it further and there are downloadable high resolution scans of the UFO photos available at this link if you scroll down:

The Trent UFO Photos

The photos I posted are the ones people usually don't see when they look at those UFO photos.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Thread of the week TZ!

It just illustrates that the MO of the unquestioning believers (the gullible ones) is to jump to conclusions and do very little research to support their beliefs. Hell... most didn't even bother reading to the bottom of your Op. They just blindly jumped into action.

This is what has always hurt UFOlogy. I find it ironic that said members have painted you as the bad guy... even though the intention to hoax them was never there. They are angry at you because you exposed a side of themselves to themselves that they may find uncomfortable or embarrassing.

When people don't familiarize themselves with all the information at hand, all they can produce is ill-formed opinion that does nothing but raise the noise ratios.

I hope some people have learned valuable lessons from your thread.

Kudos Zomar!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Well, they all did look pretty fake.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I think the OP has too much time on his hands and needs a girlfriend.
Threads like this don't add anything to ATS.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
I think the OP has too much time on his hands and needs a girlfriend.
Threads like this don't add anything to ATS.

The Op did a great service to ATS. Why make personal stabs at the Op about a girlfriend? More to the point, your post adds nothing to this thread or to ATS. Feeling a bit bitter? Perhaps you were initially fooled by the images Regenstorm? It begs the question!

IRM

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Another thread showing how easy it is to "trick people"

-1 for originality

(Is this where I say "Oh thank you, super smart person."? Beause I want to say, please don't waste my time.)

Also, I thought this kind of crap was against the rules?
How I miss the old days...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

What service? Proving that people can be fooled? The OP can be fooled too, just like you and you both have been fooled too in the past.
So it doesn't add anything to ATS also because threads like these are posted on a daily basis. This thread belongs in the [HOAX]-forum.
People like the OP just want their crotch massaged, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Awesome thread, and great work. People's reactions run the gamut don't they? Some believing the photos are real, even though you are saying right in the thread that you made them. Others indifferent, and some angry! I personally believe this thread goes right along with the ATS motto... Deny Ignorance! It's just a reminder to not believe everything you see! I think most of us can use that now and again.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Never before seen UFO photos - Debunkers?

Debunkers? sure i'll give it a shot, i guess. But first know that i don't believe the tiltle of your thread is entirely accurate. surely someone has seen these pictures before.

Coupled with the facts presented on your personal profile, i'll reluctantly bite.

I would like to share with everyone these various photos that I have collected that were found on websites such as personal blogs and social networking sites like myspace and facebook. Up until this point these images have not been seen/released publicly as far as I am aware.

ET is thinking to himself: "silly me, i thought myspace and facebook, and similiar networking sites were places of public domain."

UFO Among Clouds

This first photo is said to have been taken on the outskirts of Kokomo, Indiana. (Less than 2 hours from where I reside.) The disk can be seen against the clouds.
My friend captured this photo on his way to a concert he was hosting.

ET is thinking to himself: "no name, no link, no supportive evidence, just someone hiding behind an avatar who is presenting, as is, little or no credentials offered.?"

This old photo was presumably taken in Pennsylvania. The photographer took a photo of this building and when he developed his film he found the "rod" amongst the sky. Could this be a falling star? Debris on the film? I found this particular photo on a blog where the contributor listed the above information about the image.

ET is thinking to himself: "no name, no link, no supportive evidence, just someone hiding behind an avatar who is presenting, as is, little or no credentials offered.?"

But thats not all.

All of these photos have something in common.

Each of these photos were created by me. The stories are all fake.

you don't say?

I took the time to create these images and write these stories to illustrate to the members of ATS that UFO photos are not to be trusted.

not always trusted you say? how many people whom i share more than 99.7% of the same dna with do you expect me to believe are liars?

am i to interpret you efforts and time wpent as proof that all ufo photographs are fake, all of them? how much debunking do you expect my Fellow ATSers to do? How many people are we suppose to let your mentality convince us that so many of our own kind are untrustworthy, integrity lacking, disinformation spreading liars?

are all the photos now proven to be false and made up becuase you have the technology at your fingertips to produce a few "fakes"?

A few "fakes" The Zomar can produce with such technologies supplied by those who i am either to accept are inept liars, or ... what other suggestion did you offer?

I am a firm believer in UFO's and extra terrestrials, but it is my opinion that MOST ufo photos are in fact false. I wanted to show how easy it is to create these photos and stories to go alongside them.

anybody with a laptop know pictures can be photoshopped these days, but what about the tens of thousands that were taken before people had computers in their houses? Did they photoshop their pictures by hand in their basemments, or at work on company time maybe?

people may not be as gullible as ya assume The Zomar. It is almost insulting, really.

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread. I hope some of you will be more weary when deciding if UFO images are legit or false.

what is legit, what is false, and what is truth depends upon what the individual knows of themselves, because that is the total basis for all their judgments when choosing to judge the intentions of others.

The Zomar, simply put:

not everyone is as inclined to attempt to decieve their own kind as you imply without justifiable reasons, i would think.

when discussing the first contact we missed, apparently, it doesn't matter if all but one photo is fake, then one photo is real.

more than a million eye witnesses and no resolve to the case?

if it were a court of law and more than one person testifies they saw someone kill someone, then their more than likely would be a conviction of the evidence presented.

If thousands of people produce ufo photos, there more than likely will be a thread on ATS to dismiss the reliability and integrity of the majority of people who have taken pictures of ufos as "mostly fake".

thoughts, things & stuff,
ET

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The problem is NOT that most UFO pictures are fake the problem is that what people think they see in them is FAKE.

They see an orange orb float across the sky no noise the suddenly it shots of at high speed. NO what it was a chinese lantern and the candle goes out.

Have a look at this post from another thread claims the object crosses from one horizon to another in 2 mins
look how long the video last how far does it look to you that it travels

www.abovetopsecret.com...

People see what they want not whats there thats the real problem with ufo pics and videos.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
the first one is a job well done. the other ones are clearly hoaxes: pixelated, different lights, unclear shapes with clear background... you need study photoshop more to become a digital jedi, my friend...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
if The Zomar is correct that most pictures are fake, then we should immediatly disregard all photos of ufos. Unless we have the time to prove them right or wrong.

Verify a photo by proving the person who took it was a liar makes a habit out of proving people with cameras liars for the photos they supposedly claim to have taken.

how many people should i believe are liars, or braindirtied humanzeebots performing tasks for someone elses agenda?

distrusting the majority is the same as what? What are they basing their opinions on in order to debase other peoples .... integrity.

since most of them are fake, according to The Zomar, then surely most of what is being produced is misinformation we can just disregard anyways.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join