It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former NASA Director Says Muslim Outreach Push 'Deeply Flawed'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Former NASA Director Says Muslim Outreach Push 'Deeply Flawed'

www.foxnews.com

By Judson Berger Published July 06, 2010 | FoxNews.com

The former head of NASA on Tuesday described as "deeply flawed" the idea that the space exploration agency's priority should be outreach to Muslim countries, after current Administrator Charles Bolden made that assertion in an interview last month.

"NASA ... represents the best of America. Its purpose is not to inspire Muslims or any other cultural entity," Michael Griffin, who served as NASA administrator during the latter half of the Bush administration, told FoxNews.com.

Bolden created a firestorm after telling Al Jazeer
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NASA Chief: Next Frontier Better Relations With Muslim World

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ok. I guess the former NASA administrator felt the need to counter the current administrators recent "reach out to muslims" that we have been discussing in another thread that I linked to here.

I am still having difficulty understanding just what does reaching out to Muslims have to do with NASA. Then I guess the former NASA administrator is thinking the same way. Interesting to note he is addressing this issue not to the current NASA administrator, but to Obama since all NASA does is carry out policy.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Deeply flawed indeed!

Bolden is simply an Obama campaign worker named to the post by Obama to do his political agenda. Not to go to the moon but to appease Muslims, a social agenda!

Who Is Charles F. Bolden?

What does Obama know or care about space?

[edit on 6/7/10 by plumranch]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Maybe we could justify a space program if we renamed the moon "Mecca The Second" and said that the rocket launches were religious pilgrimages to it...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I don't know how we are going to build enough rockets for all them.

But count me in for twenty bucks

As for recovery of the first Muslim space launch, just put a large catcher's mitt in Tel Aviv........

On a more serious note, I'm amazed that our Dear Leader issued this mandate to NASA, talk about giving the Republicans more political ammunition.

It's either breathtaking audacity, or breathtaking stupidity, and I'm tending towards the latter.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
In Other News...

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton announced an ambitious new plan to build a U.S. embassy on the moon.

"It is time to show the world -- and the moon -- that the United States of America does indeed have a State Department, despite what the President seems to think," she said. "With the commissioning of this new embassy, we will firmly establish the relevance of the State Department and, of course, reach out to any and all Muslims on the moon."

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So could this be another case like Bill Clinton giving nuclear texhnology to China through the space agency.

Clinton Gave China Chips for Nuclear War
Charles R. Smith
Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2003
Newly declassified documents show that President Bill Clinton personally approved the transfer to China of advanced space technology that can be used for nuclear combat.
The documents show that in 1996 Clinton approved the export of radiation hardened chip sets to China. The specialized chips are necessary for fighting a nuclear war.

"Waivers may be granted upon a national interest determination," states a Commerce Department document titled "U.S. Sanctions on China."

"The President has approved a series of satellite related waivers in recent months, most recently in November, 1996 for export of radiation hardened chip sets for a Chinese meteorological satellite," noted the Commerce Department documents.

These special computer chips are designed to function while being bombarded by intense radiation. Radiation hardened chips are considered critical for atomic warfare and are required by advanced nuclear tipped missiles.

Judicial Watch obtained the documents through the Freedom of Information Act, a Washington-based political watchdog group.

Several documents were withheld from release by the U.S. Commerce Department for commercial and personal privacy exemptions, but none of the documents were withheld for national security reasons. Judicial Watch is expected to appeal the withholdings.

archive.newsmax.com...

If Hillary is any where connected to the NASA wants to be friends with muslims I would say they want to arm the muslim world with nukes. Her and her husband Bill did it with China already so you can't say its just paranoia.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

really? well count me in for twenty bucks and one vote for the lady from ark.!
really, they can do that, i don't know what that means...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

We did bomb the moon maybe we should have some sort of embassy there so we can help them with elections and nation building. They have a lack of infrastructure and schools there.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Majic, are you writing for the ONION now?

Sounds almost exactly like a story they'd come up with....

Here's a real embassy-related story about Hilary, and the Moon...I mean, a Moon....( not her moon, thankfully
):

dhaka.usembassy.gov...

(All I could find from the search parameters....)

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Sounds a lot to me like Obama ( dear Leader ) was Pandering to his religious base.
I agree, a U.S. state department on the moon, I would like to see all our Politician's make the trip and take their Muslim counter part with them. Lets see how they perform in a vacuum, like the one between their ears.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Layer Upon Layer

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Majic, are you writing for the ONION now?

Who needs The Onion when the "real" news is so irredeemably absurd?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It is more than a little strange having a department so obviously scientifically motivated being ordered to pander to a religion. There is something here that we aren't being told.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by invetro

I absolutely agree, what in the world does a space agency have to do with Religious outreach?

This is just sooo bizzare it has to be a mask for something.

So......chain of events........Cut the rocket program from NASA so that we have to rely on Russia and China for ANYTHING we do in space.......

Then make NASA a religious outreach entity.............WHAT?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
IMO, Muslims don't want to be outreached to. They are a religion that is closed to progression and discriminate against women in positions that that have an intellectual history.

If Islam wanted to have a space program, they would. The revenue produced by the oil rich Middle East could easily pay for a program that NASA would envy. Instead, the Muslim loving, so-called POTUS wants to give it to the Muslims in for the sake of peace.

Did NASA make an effort to reach the Soviets or Chinese?

I say if the Muslim want a space program then they must pay for one with their money. Don't think that they can come in an disrupt what is ours.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Oh, wait, I figured it out !

This all has to do with how Neil Armstrong heard "allahu akbar" when he first set foot on the moon, and then secretly became a Muslim...

Was Neil Armstrong the First Muslim on the Moon?

And here we thought Obama-and-pals were just pathetic and goofy...

[edit on 6-7-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

It's biased towards a group and therefore wrong.

A much better approach would be to advertise in Muslim areas. Not to say, you're Muslim? Welcome to space!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Jesus Harold Christ, the current administration is insane. Literally insane.

Now NASA needs to get in the business of muslim outreach?

These assholes can't be removed from office fast enough.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/055062a901f1.jpg[/atsimg]

Only in the US could a Space Agency be tasked with a religious outreach program.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Maybe a sentient species overcoming its religious delusions is the next required step.

It would make sense.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join