It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do I Care?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I feel like im the only person my age who acts like a normal teenager but still cares about what is going on around the world. Ill ask my friends what they think about (for example ) the oil spill. Their response you ask? half of them "the what" the other half " who cares". Maybe its normal to not care at my age and im just a little weird. Either way Im scared for the future (if we last that long
) considering that my sister can make an A in history and not know who we fought to become a country. Maybe thats what the TPTB wants a bunch of idiots as the figure heads of the nation. easier to control right? So anyway whats your thoughts on todays youth? as a 15year old im interested in your responses

[edit on 6-7-2010 by chaseninja]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
You're right its not normal. You'll lose friends because of this but don't worry you'll gain more important ones as time goes on. With each generation, it just gets worse and worse and people get lost in their consumerism and next television show or latest gadget. Stay focused. Remain vigilant.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Actually my friends dont care that I care. You learn to just not bring it up since they dont care.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by chaseninja

Thanks for a very important post, chase. And please keep on caring.

If people your age don't care, there is no future for the planet.

I blame technology for turning teenagers away from the real world.

Although technology has made huge advances for the planet, I think it has desensitised the human race.

Please don't lose faith.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

technology has a major part in it. I love my technology but I don't let it take over my life.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

You will find that as you grow older your perceptions change.

You are off to a great start and a lot of other people your age care about a lot of things.

At your age, a lot of things seem insurmountable, but you will overcome them.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Star and flag upon ya just because you said the right things.
All youth should care about this world, it will be yours someday.
The only thing I have against the young worrying about the world is, it may dominate your lives.
But then again with as screwed up as the place is , it is looking to be a full time job.
To your question, yes! The PTB do want idiots that can be molded and be yes men.
Plus you guys will be the movers and shakers in this next world war.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Also, I just want to say that I am amazed and impressed that at your age, 15, you have such insight.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I think it is great that you are perceptive to the things going on around you at 15 but at the same time I almost think you are too young to be worrying over such things.

I'm not saying it's bad but it is nice to be able to have a somewhat normal childhood without the doom and gloom entering the equation.

I know at 15 I was not worried about world politics but more worried about what I was going to do on the weekends and girls.

I know the youth are our future and we would all like them to be aware of the tricks and atrocities of this world but then there would be no such thing as being a kid.

You grow up fast when you start seeing things for what they really are.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

I agree with you - and I think that no-one under the age of 18 should be on this site.

But how do you control it?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

oh trust me the normal teenage things are still ahead of politics and things in my life but i dont think it hurts to worry a little bit in your free time. Infact im normally on ats for less than an hour a day because I have sports and friends that i hang out with. Right now they come first but i know one day they wont be my main worries.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

repost, sorry (edit)

[edit on 6-7-2010 by chaseninja]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This won't change as you get older.

The majority of society is dreaming they are asleep. Here is an example: The average kid will tweet that they are talking to a celebrity instead of eactually engaging in the conversation they could be having.

It is a curse and blessing to be awake in these times. Caring means you are still connected the best part of you and that will be what gets you through the darkest days.

Eventually you will realize people are like farming. This is why ancient religious documents use farming as parables and anaology. You have to 'overseed' sometimes to get a good harvest. This is humanity right now. 1 out of 100 people are truly awake.

Keep working through it and do like the Sufis do...Blend!

Peace

top topics

join