It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel backs off Gaza blockade, will permit construction materials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Israel backs off Gaza blockade, will permit construction materials

rawstory.com

Israel on Monday gave the go-ahead for the international community to import construction materials into the Hamas-run Gaza Strip in an easing of its blockade that won cautious praise.

The government published a list of construction materials to be allowed entry into Gaza but only for projects approved by the Palestinian Authority and implemented and supervised by the international community.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israeli eases Gaza blockade on some banned food items, critics say move insignificant

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This is a good "first-step" but nowhere near what needs to happen. It's important that we don't let Israel off the hook so easily. I only hope that international pressure to end the blockade, won't die out due to this tiny little improvement to the "list".

Some people may try to suggest that Israel should be praised for taking this step, but I certainly don't think so. They shouldn't have disallowed these items in the first place. In fact, they shouldn't be blockading Gaza at all. No praise from me. Since we do we praise countries for doing what they are supposed to do anyway? Do you praise people for not raping or robbing their neighbors?

Again, it's important that we don't look at this improvement as a success.

--airspoon

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Man this is like "permitting" someone to take a crap, adequate shelter is a basic human right, not a privileged! It's disgusting.

Yes, thank you so very much for allowing my family to move from a wooden shack without a foundation, to a slightly less appalling concrete box that's likely to get bulldozed down as soon as some Israeli family decides they'd like to move in.

Such a caring and generous people, what are they going to allow next? Toilet paper? Without the tube of course, that could be used to make a cardboard pipe bomb.

What a joke, and now they're going to expect praise for this move no doubt.

join