It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello is anyone having unusually incoherent dreams?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
For the past three nights I have been having very incoherent dreams. I am on no meds, have no drugs in my system at all and have not drank alcohol in like a year or more, I can't even recall the last time I drank alcohol. Anyway lately the dreams do not flow in any good reasonable order, which is very unusual for me, as they usually follow a reasonable time flow beginning middle end... anyway... am I decending into madness? I have heard people with mental disorders have incoherent dreams? Is this true? OR am I worried for nothing.
Also I am practicing lucid dreaming techniques and wonder could this be the reason?

Or is anyone else having the same problem? Could it be tied to the collective conciousness?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Are you really stressed out? Has something recently changed in your life (a new job, breakup, etc)? I'd start there, if anything.

My dreams have been really weird lately (not nightmares, but disturbing and real-feeling). That I would account to stress, meds (Singulair really screwed me up, I stopped as soon as I figured out what was going on), and recent things that have been going on.

But who knows, something might be going on with a lot of people.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

I haven't had any extra stress not really the only thing that's changed is experimenting with lucid dreaming. And I have not had a break up or changed jobs, but I had started attending school in march I go online. Funny I am going for computer networking and spreadsheets were last semester, and we aren't even using them right now, but last night I dreamt of huge paper spreadsheets? Weird and it was very fractured no starting point no middle no end just like a jigsaw puzzle...I can't even explain it fully.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

To tell you the truth, I know absolutely nothing about lucid dreaming (other than the fact that I had a lucid dream once, many years ago). Maybe your experimenting with it is what has caused a change in your dreams?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I don't know if this is relevant but I've had this problem lately, especially with the dreams not being coherent / following the flow of time.

Unfortunately, my whole life has become like that as well... incoherent, no time flow, broken into pieces, no cohesiveness. Any of that in your case?

I'm a younger guy and I've found that once cell phones, text messaging, online messengers, and all this other nutty stuff showed up it just tore time apart for me and now instead of relaxing I'm always on edge, waiting for the next interruption and nothing coherent can even really get started. Frankly, I'm kind of annoyed but don't know what to do about it.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by darkbake]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hm... interesting. I too have noticed that has often been nonlinear in my dreams lately (past year or so). Events come in the wrong order and sometimes get replayed. Backwards causality has also happened a few times.

I have personally attributed it to me working on my own level of consciousness through meditation & such, but perhaps this is connected to the collective mind.

There are theories that suggest that time is not per definition linear - we just perceive it as such. Maybe this is what's coming through somehow.

That or watching shows like LOST

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
this is my first post on the forums and this thread interested me enough to post a reply. i too have been having lucid dreams, starting about two months ago. and i have never had them before in my life. they were all pretty long in my estimation but out of order and time seemed to not even exist in them. but they all reminded me of these end of the world movies that have been coming out, like The Road with Viggo Mortensen, and Book of Eli, only with people i know from life. and then i noticed in the first week of a month, that things i saw happening around me would be strangely connected to things going on in the public eye or movies. an example would be the movie Hot Tub Time Machine came out on dvd recently and a buddy of mine rented it and watched it, then the next day a girl we knew from high school posted pictures of her hanging out with the cast of that movie in LA. Just random little things like that but they happen every day leading up to about the second half of the month...then the dreams begin. i started writing them down and had about seven or eight of them recorded when i noticed i could put them together in order. and it all made sense. it was a perfectly cohesive storyline, minus a few details in the beginning and other sections here and there which i hope to see in my dreams soon so i can keep putting this all together.

and i guess you could say that in a way you posting this thread and the fact that several other people have been experiencing the same things is a large coincidence in itself. and you could say that it is the collective consciousness, universal energy present in all of us who experience this, then being physically manifested by the posting of a reply on this thread out of curiosity. the fact that we are noticing this and discussing it, is a good thing.

but that's just my two cents, i kinda think i sound crazy?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

Interesting, as I said a post back...

I have noticed that time flow in my real life has become quite erratic. I notice this in social situations as well, it is seriously almost like time is coming to a complete stop. This is what I have experienced myself. I have not yet experienced backwards time or events occuring out of order.

On a spiritual level, I was friends with some people at my college who were of the opinion that we were about to experience a splitting of realities, one of them, the 3rd density, being temporal and the other, the 4th density, transcending time.

On a scientific level, you have Terrence McKenna and his timewave zero software that shows novelty. It shows that in 2012, we will reach a zero point, where there is infinite novelty. From what I have researched, this novelty seems to affect time flow, in the manner that the time between wanting and getting something decreases.

This could all be in my head. One thing I do know, though, is that certain cultures perceive time as linear and some do not. If I had to guess, I would say that it is possible to either be aware of / edit your surroundings in the moment you are in or be aware of / edit your flow through time, or a mixture.

I made a ridiculous time/space roller diagram to demonstrate this once.

I hope some of this helps.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I've been feeling that my dreams have been somehow different lately, and during that first few seconds of being awake, I know why they're different, then it goes. As soon as I put any effort in to trying to keep the memory it sort of looses cohesion and vanishes. However, the one thing I do retain is a similar feeling to the above poster, a feeling that all my dreams lately have been set after this current civilisation has ended.

I believe dreams take place outside of ourselves, and may well involve the collective consciousness. We understand so little about dreams beyond the electrical interplay that goes on in our brains as they happen. Anything said about dreams is conjecture, we simply don't know what they are or why we have them, but yet we don't question that.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
yes, since march or april, around that time, i've been having strange and profound dreams

since these dreams have been occuring i wake up nearly every night around 3-4 am but nearly Always see my clock say 4:20 every night because i wake up around that time

i also have had about 4 dreams that stand out in particular that were extremely vivid and 'prophetic' in nature... though i have yet to clearly understand them exactly

i also have seen a few threads and comments throughout ats discussing such things, as well as family members describing similiar accounts in their sleep

as another person commented on this thread, it is a coincidence in itself that so many people would notice something like that happening during the same few month span at the same time.. but then again, who knows, maybe it's just a coincidence

anyways, if anything i can at least speak for myself, and i know i've had some strange dreams lately

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rufio1232

I think I am crazy, but apparently I am not diagnosably so. I have noticed really strange things happening of the nature that your mentioned as well. What is going on with me lately is, I will wake up in the morning perceiving the world a certain way and then the events of the day will play out as if they are all connected.

A really creepy example: a few days ago, I woke up and was thinking about how our freedoms had been lost. We went into a sandwhich shop, and the man making sandwhiches had the words "Forgotten Freedom" tatooed across his arms. Then, while eating my sandwhich, the radio played a bunch of songs with the word freedom in them.

Events have started to play out like this so often lately, that it is getting kind of creepy. Another example. One of my favorite songs is "Here I go Again" by Whitesnake.

[www.youtube.com...]Here I go Again[/url]

For a while, every time my friend would give me a ride home from his place, the song kept on showing up on the radio. Every time. It is one of those things where the song that plays seems to be related somehow to what you are thinking about... like either your thinking triggers the song or the song triggers your thinking.

I guess this could be considered glitchy.

According to Dr. Fred Alan Wolff, a quantum physicist, our minds really aren't linear at all and routinely communicate with future or past incarnations of themselves while decision making, remembering, or anything really. Wait... that means they are / can be linear. But not in the way you would think.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

I don't know if this is relevant but I've had this problem lately, especially with the dreams not being coherent / following the flow of time.

Unfortunately, my whole life has become like that as well... incoherent, no time flow, broken into pieces, no cohesiveness. Any of that in your case?

I'm a younger guy and I've found that once cell phones, text messaging, online messengers, and all this other nutty stuff showed up it just tore time apart for me and now instead of relaxing I'm always on edge, waiting for the next interruption and nothing coherent can even really get started. Frankly, I'm kind of annoyed but don't know what to do about it.

Well for me, no it is just the dreams in waking life It hasn't gotten like that. If it did...I think I'd check myself into a mental ward cos I would definately think something is wrong with my brain...well at least I'd get an mri. I just don't know about you, that's just what I wuold do.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I've been having strange dreams since the last days of June.

Couple nights ago I dreamed I was chatting to a person with an Elk Costume. Yes, it was tall, blue and red and all fluffy, like a teddy bear. We were having lunch at some restaurant and I was laughing because the scene was amusing and he was saying funny comments. I can still laugh remembering how he tried to drink from a water bottle with the costume on.
He had a little friend with him, can’t remember his costume, but I think it was a short fatty something.

Once we left the restaurant still laughing, there was a Swat team waiting for him, he had killed a lot of people!!

My dream ended like a movie, everything paused and became a black and white photo.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Incoherent in what way? If you're dabbling around with techniques to lucid dream, you could simply be slipping further into your subconscious when dreaming. Sometimes what seems to be random to our conscious mind is actually deep metaphors, and other times not! So maybe if you try to relax and keep the dream in mind throughout the day, it might start to make sense. Get a dream journal and write it down as soon as you wake up.

I've had one very profound dream so far this year. A lot of lucid dreams and what not, but nothing like this one. It was . . indescribable, or to put it better, would take up more time than I have to devote in decoding and getting it all in on ink. My subconscious will churn away on it for a while and probably spit out chunks when I enter relevant situations.

Overall I'd say not to worry much about it, unless it's so bizarre that it starts to interfere with your day to day life.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by MrVertigo

On a spiritual level, I was friends with some people at my college who were of the opinion that we were about to experience a splitting of realities, one of them, the 3rd density, being temporal and the other, the 4th density, transcending time.

On a scientific level, you have Terrence McKenna and his timewave zero software that shows novelty. It shows that in 2012, we will reach a zero point, where there is infinite novelty. From what I have researched, this novelty seems to affect time flow, in the manner that the time between wanting and getting something decreases.

This could all be in my head. One thing I do know, though, is that certain cultures perceive time as linear and some do not. If I had to guess, I would say that it is possible to either be aware of / edit your surroundings in the moment you are in or be aware of / edit your flow through time, or a mixture.

I made a ridiculous time/space roller diagram to demonstrate this once.

I hope some of this helps.

That's a very interesting theory, you may be right, I guess in this respect I am behind the times so to speak. lol. Everyone else is experiencing these things for awhile and I only just started.

CX

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
My dreams have often been weird, but usualy that gets worse when i have had a severe lack of sleep.

Strangest one i had recently was of me adrift in the see, treading water to save myself from drowning....then Springer and a couple of other staff came along in a speedboat and instead of picking me up they ran me over!!!

It was a proper propeller job, quite gruesome by all accounts!

I told my girlfriend and there was just this deathly silence.

CX.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I've had the drifting at sea dream, but never like that, no Springer and staff, weird!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jechu
I've been having strange dreams since the last days of June.

Couple nights ago I dreamed I was chatting to a person with an Elk Costume. Yes, it was tall, blue and red and all fluffy, like a teddy bear. We were having lunch at some restaurant and I was laughing because the scene was amusing and he was saying funny comments. I can still laugh remembering how he tried to drink from a water bottle with the costume on.
He had a little friend with him, can’t remember his costume, but I think it was a short fatty something.

Once we left the restaurant still laughing, there was a Swat team waiting for him, he had killed a lot of people!!

My dream ended like a movie, everything paused and became a black and white photo.

It sounded kind of funny in the beginning, but the rest is actually terrifying!!!!!WOW!!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Ive been looking into dreams a bit lately after having... What you'd suppose is a nightmare. (Even thought I looked in to it being linked to a demon! Lol.)

But upon learning some of the terminoligy, could conclude that they are Lucid dreams. And Ive had many..

Just last night I was dreaming I was in the police and me and my fellow detectives where looking for someone.. a kidanapper I think, who later turned out to be one of the detectives and resembled that bloke from the old Keenan and Kell show (the computer nerd in the first Transformers movie) anyway, he managed to escape some how.

And when I finally woke up, it felt like id been hit on the side of the head, and it still hurts now.

Anyway, some of them are pretty random. But not really mixed up... But then again, when I wake up I think about them for a while and this enables me to remmember them better.

But they are getting more weird/random by the day.
The thing thats diffrent is that I hardly ever used to dream. Then wham!

I suppose im under a bit of stress due to being unemployed for over 2 years now and ive put on a bit of weight too.
So that tends to lead me towards an answer for the weird dreams. And my grandfather passed away last week too, so that puts another log on the fire.

All in all though, this has made me a little more intrested in dreams as I find it intresting.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
Ive been looking into dreams a bit lately after having... What you'd suppose is a nightmare. (Even thought I looked in to it being linked to a demon! Lol.)

But upon learning some of the terminoligy, could conclude that they are Lucid dreams. And Ive had many..

Just last night I was dreaming I was in the police and me and my fellow detectives where looking for someone.. a kidanapper I think, who later turned out to be one of the detectives and resembled that bloke from the old Keenan and Kell show (the computer nerd in the first Transformers movie) anyway, he managed to escape some how.

And when I finally woke up, it felt like id been hit on the side of the head, and it still hurts now.

Anyway, some of them are pretty random. But not really mixed up... But then again, when I wake up I think about them for a while and this enables me to remmember them better.

But they are getting more weird/random by the day.
The thing thats diffrent is that I hardly ever used to dream. Then wham!

I suppose im under a bit of stress due to being unemployed for over 2 years now and ive put on a bit of weight too.
So that tends to lead me towards an answer for the weird dreams. And my grandfather passed away last week too, so that puts another log on the fire.

All in all though, this has made me a little more intrested in dreams as I find it intresting.

wow, I'm sorry for your loss, losing a grandfather is hard, I lost mine over 6 yrs ago and I fully understand.Yeah it can be stress for sure. Thanks for your reply. I hope you become employed soon! I also know how that feels been unemployed also for two years.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join