It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil washes up in Lake Pontchartrain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Is oil washing up in Lake Pontchartrain?

It's hard to tell with this video, but since Pontchartrain is not land locked but is actually an estuary, this is entirely possible.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Lake Pontchartrain was filled with oil/fuel after Katrina in 2005. It was finally starting to recover and now it is being ruined again. This disaster is far greater than we are led to believe by the MSM.

I wish all the people of the Gulf coast the best of luck. Make sure to get out while you can.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

This is very likely not "it could happen", but rather a "it will very likely happen", to what degree remains to be seen.

If BP and those in control of this operation were truly committed as they say they are, they would include preventive efforts in endeavors.

This is just another pound of salt in my "they don't really give a jacksquat" wound.

OP, I'm glad you put this up. I've been over the lake bridge many times, and forgot about it in terms of how this disaster will effect it.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Not only are there wild life preserves along the lake, but people live there. Kenner, Metairie, New Orleans, Slidell, Lacombe, Mandeville. . .

join