It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian passenger jets 'refused fuel'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Iran says that Britain, Germany and the United Arab Emirates are refusing to provide fuel to Iranian passenger planes.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
seems that the game is on.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Sounds to me like the Iranians mis-calculated how deep the sanctions would affect their industries.

And now they have no recourse, for they have painted themselves into a corner.

I do not see this as enough to force capitulation, but we're just getting started folks.

Given a little time to marinate, this could result in an interesting 'stew'.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Are you joking? The Iranians "forced" themselves into a corner? The united states forced them into the corner, of course Iran didnt want the sanctions, the US just happens to do what Israel wants. Unlike Iran, Israel didnt sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Act, I am far more worried about their actions, so should should we sanction them too? Of course not. The sanctions were a senseless preliminary act of war. The people who these sanctions are effecting are normal people, I had an Iranian friend in highschool, now she cant visit her family because gas??! Thats messed up. Iran doesnt want war, they are just surrounded by countries that have nuclear weapons, I would want them too if I was Iran.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

What??? The war mongering U.S and U.K govts have pushed Iran into the corner!
After an allied 'preimtive strike/invasion (heard that one before) I'm sure they'll find the Iranian nuclear weapons in the same place as those Iraqi WMDs....get real people.
Isreal is allowed them but Iran is not!?!?!?! Who the feck thinks that they decide who has and who has not?
Pull the troops out, leave a U.N security force (like in the former Yugoslavia) hand over when ready....we are all complicit in an invasion of sovreign nations...we can't let this happen again.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Iran and its sympathizers on ATS better get used to this They have been screwing about for years. They should thank themselves lucky that there has been no attack and probably won't be.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It is plain to see, the Western nations have pushed Iran into a corner. This cannot be denied.

But in a corner they are, and Iran has played into their hand.

They could have capitulated with the UN, IAEA, and Western demands, and continue to negotiate from a position of strength.

Now they are isolated, and seem to have miscalculated their position.

I think we all understand that dropping bombs makes for good business, and no one is better than the US/NATO at drumming up business.

I am not a proponent of war, just an observer.

And what I observe is an unexpected result of the Iranian position.

Seems like they are out of their element in 'The New Great Game'.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Why would they do this its ridiculous passenger planes i thought the sanctions where aimed at military and nuclear ambitions but passenger planes

It's obvious the US and there allies want war you can almost feel it in the air and it's not good.

The US and there allies would probably win well if you call Iraq and Afghanistan winning you know what i mean.

In short the sanctions are set for confrontation that's what i think.

This is not Iraq or Afghanistan Iran would be way much worse if it kicks off over there i will blame Israel they seem to be the puppet masters in all of this.

Sorry for my rant but sanctions on fueling passenger planes

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
And for any idiot out there that says... "Sanctions" are designed only to damage the government.... SHAME ON YOU... ALL Sanctions do is damage the lives of PEOPLE, just like me and you... the governments have all the money they need and are well off.

Iran is being suppressed, this IS act of war! Couple of bullies get together and pick on the kid that don't fit in.. till either he gives up and dies... or fight back... either way PEOPLE will suffer!

new topics

top topics

join