It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warning To America! A Must Read!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha
Preparedness is an illusion, a creation of the mind designed to provide you with a sense of continuity and stability PRIOR to an event...not post event.

Needless to say, your psych lessons will land you in the pot hole. Do you even know what you are talking about? So you don't want to be prepared for emergencies? Oh yeah, these emergency response teams and organizations etc are a complete waste of the taxpayers money, like FEMA! You don't need to know what the heck to do in case of a disaster, right? Just call 911 and all your problems would be sorted out! So just relax and carry on with your life - in ignorance.

But hey, I still think you need to read this....Just in case...As I said, we must be prepared for an emergency situation. You say it's nonsense as you can't prepare since you wouldn't know what to prepare for!!
Now that's pretty dumb and a convenient excuse to put your ass up on the easy chair and do nothing!

But here's something for your benefit....I would hate to see my fellow ATSers like you groping in the dark in case of emergencies ranging from terror to earthquakes....

Are You Prepared?

So get cracking and know what the heck you need to do in case of an adverse situation, though you might think that ignorance is bliss!

[edit on 9-7-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by Rosha
Preparedness is an illusion, a creation of the mind designed to provide you with a sense of continuity and stability PRIOR to an event...not post event.

Needless to say, your psych lessons will land you in the pot hole. Do you even know what you are talking about? So you don't want to be prepared

.snipped.
[edit on 9-7-2010 by OrionHunterX]

Orion

My posts were regarding your 'friends' email not what ammounts to common sense personal readiness and social participation issues.

It is a shame that in your defensivness and rush to judge me and assume on me, you have missed my point entirely.

If anything, you've demonstrated my point ( about the lack of actual mental effort/thinking many people are displaying ) quite clearly right here:

"You say it's nonsense as you can't prepare since you wouldn't know what to prepare for!!"

No. I didnt write or say this. This is what you have written and this is based on your interpretation of what I wrote.

It is not what I said or meant in my post which had its own context, so please do not attribute what is yours, to me.

I wrote about the negative aspects of reliance on externals and wishful thinking and I wrote about the inherrent danger of building false senses of security. Whereas you are writing now, about apathy. They are two different animals.

If you were seeking my opinion on your post aside from that 'friends' email, then the only response I have that would be any use to you is to tell you that it appears from what you have written that you are still 'following', hence, still asleep.

When you do wake, and we all had to at some point, do try to remember pants first, then shoes...and please try to keep in mind that some of us have been awake and activly thinking for ourselves, for a very long time.

Rosha

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Ok, I get your point! The intention was not to deride you for what you had written. Perhaps I misunderstood what you were getting at.

Peace!

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join