It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheeple response to my 4th of July Speech. We have to find a way to get through to them!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Originally posted by ugie1028
Was this Really offensive?

Slandering people you don't know, blaming others for your troubles, insulting the intelligence of the people you're talking to - yes, I'd say it was really offensive.

Is this how people see the truth? Is this how people feel when someone states the truth?

You didn't state the truth. Your stated your opinion, insisting that it was the truth.

You stated exactly what I was trying to put into words, Astyanax.

OP, not everyone sees your "truth" as "the truth". I do not. In my world, in the socialogical sense of who and what I have a direct contact with and an influence over, I read, use the internet, shop, bank, drive, worship, live, and behave as a citizen, freely. I kowtow to no one, but obey the law.
I don't buy into anything "fed" me, whatever the source; I research everything, to learn about whatever the topic happens to be.
I have seen much here at ATS, without proof, provenance, or factual basis accepted as "fact" because it comes from something other that the vague "MSM". I've seen obvious errors, provable errors in science-related topics. I've seen "anonymous sources" accepted without question. I've been told I have a closed mind and called a "sheeple" because I require real empirical facts. I've seen predictions made, many times so vague as to be unusable to a critical mind, that do not and have not ever come to pass. Yet people will still believe.....and call it "truth".
I know history has always had a "them", that there has always be an "us". George Washington spoke for a "new world order".....do you think the MSM back then was hiding the facts for a worldwide cabal of elitists that haven't accomplished their goal since?
Being open-minded doesn't mean those who disagree with your world view are "sheeple". "Sheeple" is name-calling, juvenille, and offensive. Saying you have the"truth"about things which have no verifiable proof is only your opinion. It does not make those who question your truth, dumb, ignorant, blind, living in denial, or any of the other labels used frequently here. It means they have a critical mind and do not accept everything fed to them, whatever the source.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

I don't completely disagree with what you are saying but speaking of being offensive, you are in so very many of your posts. I understand that you don't seem to believe in conspiracy theories, but why are you so abrasive in replying to people? Sure a lot of them are not real, I even find some of them silly (chemtrails for example and I hate the word "sheeple" too), but why bash people? What is the point in that?

Some of what the thread author said is quite true: groups like the CFR and Bilderberg Group do hold power they should not have.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Nobody wanted to "go there" with my FB page, ugie.
But then again, I don't think I have any friends that are know-it-all military brat types.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

What was your questions? These ones?

-Was this Really offensive?
-Is this how people see the truth?
-Is this how people feel when someone states the truth?
-Is this how people really feel when their comfort zone is infiltrated?

I do not believe these are honest questions. You are posting your opinions and proclaiming it "truth" and then insulting anyone who disagrees by calling them names. Your questions are an attempt to find comfort by locating other people who agree and share your opinion.

Edit: I guess I can answer your questions:

1. Was this Really offensive?
- depends on the person reading it. a feeling is subjective. what is offensive to one person may not be offensive to another. If someone says they were offended they probably were offended.

2 and 3: Is this how people see the truth?
- again, sort of depends on how you define truth and what version of the truth you want to use. There are many different sides to each issue.

4. Is this how people really feel when their comfort zone is infiltrated?
- you have made a conclusion that the posters who responded negatively had their comfort zone infiltrated. I don't see evidence that their post was anything else other than a disagreement with your "truth." If anything, it appears that your comfort zone may have been infiltrated. You seem to have expected facebook readers to agree and pat you on the back, but when someone did not agree you had to come to ATS and write the same stuff, again, looking for posters to read and agree.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by zerotime]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Loved the speech and thought that reply was typical of many people's lazy minded (hook line and sinker) attitudes...

Dissent used to be the capstone of American freedom, but today's PTB are perverting everything truly American to suite their agendas which can only be accomplished by perverted methods...

A really good friend of mine believes 100% everything and anything the current propaganda machines tosses his direction, it is mind numbing to witness it...

America having a good way of life for the most part is to blame, it has numbed peoples minds and created a perfect platform for the nefarious amongst us to exploit over the years.. proof of this is that good honest people find it hard to believe that there are others out there that would commit atrocities, because these things are foreign to a well minded and good person. This is what I have observed in what my good friend believes anyways.....Most folks cannot accept their own countrymen would harm them in any way, and so the damage continues under a curtain of deception... The curtain is becoming more and more transparent thanks to people here and around the globe and thanks also to the internet..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join