It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're SCROOMED...and it's barely July...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Atlantic Graphical Tropical Weather Outlook

We're so Scroomed...

Sorry...it's all I got...

More than enough...for now...

[edit on 7/4/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I find it amazing the msm hasn't said anything about these new tropical waves coming in... it will be interesting to see where in the Gulf this new one goes...
I'm watching the tropics with ya!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well one of them surely looks like a winner.

If people along the gulf coast had any sense, they'd leave NOW before any official declaration.

If anyone needs help with a place to stay for a few, u2u me.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh my, didn't see but one of these on Stormpulse this morning and it wasn't the #2 in orange. Going back there now to check it out - will keep up with what is going on with you. Right, its barely July!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is the prediction for #2 - doesn't look good!

2. A vigorous tropical disturbance located over the northwestern Caribbean Sea is becoming better organized. Although there does not appear to be a closed surface circulation at this time, nearby ship and buoy observations indicated winds of tropical-storm-force briefly occurred in association with this system during the past few hours. Environmental conditions are conducive for development of this disturbance as it moves generally west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph, and a tropical depression could develop during the next couple of days. There is a medium chance, 50 percent, of this system becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. Locally heavy rainfall and strong gusty winds will be possible over grand cayman island and much of the northwestern Caribbean Sea over the next day or so.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Wow.

Being a fun contributing conspirator, it seems like TPTB are raising the ionosphere via HAARP, which is known to cause drastic or weird weather currents if they know what they are doing.

Or its just a bad day.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Good eye Hx3,
It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist (even though we probably have more than a few here) to figure out that the dark oil floating in the gulf will warm up the water, by solar heating, thus making any tropical storm in the gulf stronger.

Question for anyone smarter than me (Thats most of you)

Will the fact that the oil comming out of this well is red, have any berring on the amount of heat absorbed from the sun? (vs. black)

Just thought of that I thought it might, I dunno. My only way of "scientific" observation is touching the hoods of my cars (one red, and one black), on a sunny day. The red one feels hotter, any observations?

Just trying to fight the ignorance. Thanks to all.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost of Chewie

Black absorbs most. Red will absorb less.

It probably *feels* hotter to you because most visible flames are in the yellow-orange-red visual spectrum to us. That actually proves the power of conditioning first hand to ya !!

On the sun, black spots are indicators of the hottest surface temps.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The forecast for #2 indicates it could be a cyclone within 48 hours - isn't it time to prepare - let me know if you hear anything on this.

That certainly sounds fast and furious to me from a depression.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Whoa not looking good.

$100 says Steve Quayle is screaming Weather Wars right now.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Correct...

Just the differentiation colors is not "Black" per say....ANY darker color will induce "The Black Hole"

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Well we knew it was coming, but its another thing to see those circled formations. A major tropical storm or hurricane will scoop up vast amounts of surface water from the Gulf and rain it down on land as it comes ashore. The storms could also pick up some of the oil at the surface.

Evaporation may not cause tar balls to jump up into the sky. But big storms produce funnels that do vacuum up surface debris.

Fish fall from the sky, will tar balls?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

It's going to be a rough season for sure.
I hope everyone manages ok

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Hurricanes do not scoop up water from the surface....the only way this oil will get on land would be if the WIND pushed it from the shore

Hurricanes get their energy from the water vapor thats evaporated from the surface of the water...so NO it won't scoop up the water

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

the forecast for the tropical wave #2 is that is has a 50% chance to become a tropical cyclone in 48 hours,...not that it will become one

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Goradd

your source is?

Science: Out of the Doldrums

Northwest Passage. Nudged by westerly trade winds, the whirling disk begins to move northwest, picking up speed as it goes. Eventually the howling hurricane builds up to a diameter of 300-600 miles, whirls at 75 to 140 m.p.h. The most violent gusts are at its leading edge. Sucking up water from the sea, which may rise 20 feet, the disk roars on at 10 to 50 m.p.h. along the path of least resistance, i.e., in the direction of lowest pressure. In the path over which a northbound vortex passes, the storm first blows from the east, offers a brief lull at its 8-to-10-mile eye, then hits from the west. Average life of a hurricane is nine days.
www.time.com...

Read more: www.time.com...

Tropical cyclone: a vast and deadly vortex

Tropical cyclones of the kind that killed thousands in Myanmar are immensely powerful low-pressure systems capable of generating 10 times as much energy as the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

Also known in Asia as typhoons, but more often in the West under the general name of hurricanes, cyclones are storms that rotate around a moving centre of low atmospheric pressure.

They develop over tropical oceans, working up a surface wind of more than 74 miles (120 kilometres) an hour.

Sucking up vast quantities of water, they often produce torrential rains and flooding resulting in major loss of life and property damage.
afp.google.com...

Waterspouts, likely those of the tornadic variety, have been known to occasionally suck up live fish and frogs and then drop them over nearby land. In Montreal, a waterspout once rained lizards on the city. They have also showered tadpoles on New York and toads on France. A waterspout which struck Providence, Rhode Island, rained fish down on the populus who promptly gathered and sold them, a heaven-sent windfall for sure!
www.islandnet.com...

[edit on 5-7-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Atlantic Graphical Tropical Weather Outlook
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

Atlantic Graphical TWO Area 1 closeup
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

1. A SMALL WELL-DEFINED LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM LOCATED ABOUT 50 MILES
SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF MORGAN CITY LOUISIANA IS MOVING ONSHORE
TERREBONNE PARISH NEAR CAILLOU BAY. DOPPLER RADAR AND SATELLITE
DATA INDICATE THAT SUSTAINED WINDS NEAR TROPICAL-STORM-FORCE COULD
OCCUR ACROSS TERREBONNE PARISH...ESPECIALLY IN TERREBONNE
BAY...LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING AS THE SYSTEM MOVES
ONSHORE. THERE IS A HIGH CHANCE...60 PERCENT...OF THIS SYSTEM
BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE BEFORE IT MOVES ONSHORE. THIS SYSTEM
WILL MOVE SLOWLY NORTHWESTWARD AFTER LANDFALL AND PRODUCE LOCALLY
HEAVY RAINFALL OVER PORTIONS OF SOUTH-CENTRAL AND SOUTHEASTERN
LOUISIANA. INTERESTS SHOULD MONITOR PRODUCTS ISSUED BY THEIR LOCAL
NATIONAL WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE FOR ADDITIONAL UPDATES AND ANY
WATCHES OR WARNINGS.

[edit on 7/5/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hx, as always you are on top of things!! Even though it is potential bad news, I am so grateful for the forewarning! Gives us a chance to prepare!!

Don't even think of trying to debate this with him! If i had half the brain the OP had, I could possibly save the world!!

Thank you for the maps and the reports!!

Pax

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It has not been easy but I managed to battle the storm stalled out over Southern Florida all day yesterday and today.

It wanted the beach!

I wanted the beach.

So using an old Jedi trick I created a atmospheric no cloud pocket over my section of the beach, since well, what little work I do, is working on my tan, and a man should work.

The storm sensed this threat to its quest for dominance and attempted to send one cloud after another into the breach!

Oh but it was an epic battle, but also an epic feint, for I knew that once I withdrew from my days work (a couple hours work on your tan each day is plenty) these clouds would continue to swarm to that spot, piling on, looking to gloat in what was of course only an imagined victory, since I had already withdrawn from the field of battle, for an after work nap!

So for the second day in a row over this long Holiday weekend I have managed to keep this storm stalled out over South Florida, ruining the weather for almost every other beach goer, but saving untold millions along the Gulf of Mexico had I just let the storm continue on it's way.

No need to thank me, this is all just part of a typical days work!

Oh yeah, your on your own with the other two storms!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join