It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright white and star-like!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
AND....it's NOT the ISS!!
That i've checked on the numerous occasions i've spotted this thing.

It's bright white and star like,and it moves quickly and the first time i saw it a helicopter was in pursuit.It is silent,it has no flashing lights.
My partner saw it too that time and has witnessed it again with me tonight.....9.54pm,travelling north-easterly/easterly over Bedfordshire UK.I couldn't even see a star in the sky as it was still so light.

I would REALLY love to hear from anyone who has witnessed this type of UFO!
I would also dearly love to capture it on film but have very bad camera equipment.
But!I can borrow something better and try and capture it on film and,with that in mind i would like to seek some advice.
Do i tripod?Do i night vision?
What would be the best way of capturing this on film,and i mean in the most un-debunkable way possible.

You see,i KNOW this thing is flying over and no amount of poetic words from me would do it justice.It is STUNNING.

I couldn't possibly hazard a guess at altitudes etc.....there is no way i could.
I have seen it high-up and,when i first saw it,it was at the lowest altitude i have ever witnessed it at.Followed by a dark chopper.

Any advice or input into this would be greatly appreciated :

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Tripod would definately work better unless your having to hike a distance to get to your viewing spot. If your thinking of using nightvision then you'll need to be able to distinguish what your looking at, nightvision makes ordinary things look out of the ordinary.

Theres plenty on ATS who can advise you better, you may get some ideas just looking in the right threads, amateur astronomers are rife here.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
My advise would be to buy a phone with a great camera. You can invest in full-hd video camera with night vision, but ask yourself are you willing to carry that thing everywhere, all the time. Or are you going to sit by it all night, weeks on end?

Your phone is always with you, so buy a HTC Wildfire or an iPhone. Then you have the biggest change on catching one on digital tape in good quality.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLily

My advice is to not dispute your own eyes and become overly concerned by any naysayers online or in your life. You saw what you saw and it was real because I have seen it too. I and my family have seen a bright white light on several occasions now.

The last time something very strange happened and my eldest daughter was freaked out enough that she packed her bags and went to live with one of her workmates for a month because she said I went “odd” and gibbered in tongues. My youngest daughter was very happy, burst into tears and told me that time went weird and she said it was beautiful.

My neighbour who saw the whole thing with me has avoided me ever since (shrug)!

On another occasion my wife and I watched a bright white light diminish and collapse in on itself over our house and as it collapsed my wife said she saw for a split second a triangle. It then became a very singular and very dim light that picked up speed and then zipped of toward the Edinburgh castle.

My daughter told me she saw the bright light again a few days ago when out on her bike... Something is in the air for sure and I believe you!

My input is to enjoy, you will see it again!

[edit on 4-7-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It's amazing how many people are unfamiliar w/ things that have always been there. You're looking at a planet called Venus.

Word of advice, download Stellarium.

I just put in your coordinates and sure enough..Venus, the brightest object in the sky right now just happens to be in the NorthEastern sky at the time you specified.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
We have seen something in the sky, snip, snip, my next door neighbour and I. I do not expect you to believe me as I can hardly believe it myself and I was there but I feel I should tell you.

I wish to keep my daughters names confidential but the is as follows, names omitted. On the 7th of May 2010 at 22:00 (roughly) I saw another UFO and this time my daughters and my next door neighbour’s teenage daughter saw it too this time.

I was sitting in the garden on a chair just to the left of lounge door that leads into a landscaped garden. I was feeling quite at peace with the world, looking up at a clear sky and simply enjoying the diminishing light, the silence and the soft breeze in the trees. For about half an hour I just sat there studying stars as one by one they become more visible.

The sun had almost set and I was very mindful of a blackbird singing on a chimney pot, his song shrill but fitting perfectly with the clear darkening sky as it turned a darker shade of blue. Behind me my 20 year old daughter was in the living room watching Hollyoaks and tapping away on her iPod touch. My 14 year old was in the Kitchen fixing herself something to eat. My wife was upstairs in bed and incapacitated with a severe migraine. I had been periodically checking up on her and had been concerned enough to decide to have an early night to be sure she would be ok.

Anyway I was sitting in the chair, my dog (a huge malamute) was at my feet and far away above a house at the bottom of my garden I suddenly noticed a light that simply appeared like a light switching on in the distance. It was bright like an LED light and very intense but strangely not blinding or uncomfortable to the eyes. It was coming towards me from the direction of Livingstone (west) and as it drew closer I realised it was not an aircraft and there was no sound. Evenly while making sure to keep my eyes on it I opened the back door and said silently, calmly to my 20 year old, ‘UFO!’

Both of them were suddenly there with me and in silent shock they both watched this light come closer with such a strange and extremely smooth grace, a perfectly straight line as if on rails, moving like the UFO my wife and I had watched many months before over our house. In fact I think it was the same UFO because the light and the way it moved were very similar. The way this light moved nagged at me, it moved like it was in perfect control of gravity, like gravity was not even there. When I watch a plane or a helicopter there is a barely noticeable fluctuation in movement as it struggles against gravity, atmosphere and turbulence – if you watch you see it.

This light showed no such symptoms; it was as if it flew through a perfect vacuum with seemingly no friction to impede its path.

The light drifted over the house and suddenly I was struck with a surfeit of intense emotions all positive and yet sad, instantly causing my vision to swim with tears. I had a mental flash of the voyager spacecraft’s gold plaque and an engraving of a man engraved on this gold plaque with an arm raised in friendship. I raised my own right hand to shoulder height, mimicking this posture as if to wave and then things got weird.

I remember the Light stopping and ‘looking’ at us and I had a sensation of lifting out of my body, chest first so that I arched up into the sky by a about a foot even though I did not actually lift physically I felt like I left my body for an instant and I was aware of a vibration, a crazy fluttering deep inside my chest?

I vaguely remember saying ‘Can you feel the love? I called it, don’t be scared. Now do you believe me? Take no photos; just watch it, send them your love.’ I said something else but I cannot recall it but I assume it was in the same attitude.

Yes I know, it is very weird new age nonsense but I can tell at the time as we watched this light in the sky and it watched us right back this new age nonsense felt very relevant to the situation and it felt very appropriate. In this moment where times went strange it seems important to give up hate, ago, rage and anger, no longer hold on to notions of stepping on others or holding onto little things like materialism.

I glanced quickly at my daughters and they were standing there in awe, my 20 year old the utter sceptic now suddenly confronted with what she had always said could not exist.

My youngest on the other hand just had this huge grin in her face and the dog was running around us doing laps and wagging her tail frantically.
I know this really does sound crazy but there was a communication of a sort and I felt the words ‘I am the herald’ not with words but more a feeling. A communication via emotion not words that I was able to translate instantly into words – I cannot explain it and I may have misconstrued the communication (sic?) but after the passing I was left with that feeling that seemed to come from this incredibly surreal light.

My youngest made a wow sound and my eldest was just awestruck and said nothing. Suddenly there was a sound behind me and I glanced over my shoulder to see my neighbour’s teenage daughter at her bedroom window. Wide-eyed she was watching this bright and silent light fly over the house and when she looked at me I could see alarm and disbelief. I got the instant feeling that she had decided that because I was waving to the UFO with tears in my eyes that I was the cause of this sighting. She scrambled to close the window and then pulled the blinds down.

I looked back to the green light (Both my daughters) said it was a bright white light but I saw a bright green light) just as it passed over the roof. I went through to the font of the house and at the front door I watched the light continue on its way curving toward the south east drifting off to the left of the Edinburgh ski course on the distant Pentlands hills.

My eldest is freaked out and had taken herself off to Dunfermline for retail therapy the next day as seeing the UFO had blown her mind in the same way that my mind blew on the 8th of May 2008 UFO encounter where I ended up leaving my wife for a year.

My 14 year old on the other hand last night was tearful afterwards and I kept checking on her as she tried to sleep later that night and she said ‘You don’t need to keep checking on me dad, I’m not scared I am very happy, they want you for something!’ She says time stopped and something happened but she cannot explain it.

My 20 year old on the other hand got uptight with me today and demanded to know what I have been up to and why can’t I just let it rest and stop? She does not want to believe there are aliens visiting.

‘You believe it was alien then?’ I asked with a big grin.

Dad, that thing was not human!’ She was not smiling when she said this.

I was not going to say anything to you but as I saw this with others and I know they will corroborate what we saw then I feel confident in telling you this because what we saw was real and yet should not have been because it was impossible.

It was not a balloon, it was not a plane and it was extremely weird and “something” has changed.

Regards and I do not really expect you to believe me but what happened did happen and I am really glad it happened! no matter what

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I saw something similar yesterday (July 3) but it did not move. I posted my report on the mufon site.

Here is what I wrote in my submission:

Today my father and I witnessed a ufo. We were sitting on our deck facing north around 5 pm. We were discussing contrails as we watched a few planes fly above us. We noticed that some of planes did not have contrails and some of them did so we tried to understand the science behind this. Immediately after this conversation a plane flew above us which had a contrail. The plane and the contrail looked normal to us, I believe the plane was a commercial jet, maybe a 747. There was what looked like a white circle shaped flying object at the end of the contrail and we both noticed it right away. The contrail dispersed but the object remained and stayed stationary for the duration of the sighting which lasted a minute and a half. It was almost a clear day with a few clouds here and there and the sun was still out. The object appeared to be as high as the plane and we did not notice it until the plane flew overhead. The object could have been there prior to the arrival of the plane but it is uncertain when exactly it was visible. It had a defined shape to it and it appeared to be very small because it was so high up. It is important to note that it was very windy with clouds passing above us very quickly. I lost sight of the object when I went to tell the rest of my family what we were witnessing. I could not find the object again but my father says it remained still before disappearing.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
It's amazing how many people are unfamiliar w/ things that have always been there. You're looking at a planet called Venus.

Word of advice, download Stellarium.

I just put in your coordinates and sure enough..Venus, the brightest object in the sky right now just happens to be in the NorthEastern sky at the time you specified.

What he said^

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLily

The ISS was passing over Bedford about 9:54 pm tonight, traveling in an easterly direction.

What makes you so sure it wasn't the ISS?

Star chart of ISS pass

Rises above horizon : 21:43:51 , 271° (W )
Sets : 21:53:43 , 96° (E )
Magnitude : -3.6

[edit on 7/4/2010 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I have seen this star like object myself aswell, its not veuns and its not sirus

First off Sirus isnt white and, yes its big but this object is the most strangest object i have ever seen.

Well we had some overcast the only visible star was this object!

This isnt Venus

I find funny that now people trust programs like Stellarium or other computers about our star hood area.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
No it was not Venus and yes I have Stellarium and yes I have been an avid user of such programs and informational programs since redshift and before that anything on astronomy going all the way back to early childhood.

A close friend is a member of The Astronomical Society of Edinburgh and she has seen weird things too but unfortunately is much more guarded in talking on the subject than I am. She refers to them as "Celestial events" and she accepts that some weird things happen up there that are not easily explainable but you will never hear that from her - I think you need to know her for longer than a decade. I am just saying so as not to be lumped in with the deluded because deluded I am not.

There is very weird activity going on upstairs!

I am not a fool, It was not Venus, a star or a fairy it was a UFO, a machine construct the like of which we could never dream of which is similar to UFO’s I have seen before and something come from them that is felt inside and is difficult to explain. Stars and planets and international space stations do not do this!

I do not care if you believe me or not because I am just putting my own words out to support those of us that have seen these lights (that are not stars and are not planets). My loved ones have seen and some friends too, that is all I need so laugh away - I will laugh too

Lights that communicate via emotion and jumbled thought, check = an unknown!

By the way if you like Stellarium you will love this Celestia

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
I have seen this star like object myself aswell, its not veuns and its not sirus

First off Sirus isnt white and, yes its big but this object is the most strangest object i have ever seen.

Well we had some overcast the only visible star was this object!

This isnt Venus

I find funny that now people trust programs like Stellarium or other computers about our star hood area.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

Lol @ you not trusting Stellarium. Isn't the motto here to deny ignorance? Do you know nothing about amateur astronomy? You can't fake this, people would notice. I'm not saying what you saw was Venus, but, what you see in stellarium is an accurate representation of what you see in the Natural sky.

Mind giving me your location, time the object can be seen, and what location in the sky? ty.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Ear-Responsible]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
No it was not Venus and yes I have Stellarium and yes I have been an avid user of such programs and informational programs since redshift and before that anything on astronomy going all the way back to early childhood.

A close friend is a member of The Astronomical Society of Edinburgh and she has seen weird things too but unfortunately is much more guarded in talking on the subject than I am. She refers to them as "Celestial events!"

I am not a fool, It was not Venus, a star of a fairy it was a UFO, a construct the like of which we could never dream of which is similar to UFO’s I have seen before and something come from them that is felt inside and is difficult to explain. Stars and planets and international space stations do not do this!

I do not care if you believe me or not because I am just putting my own words out to support those of us that have seen these lights (that are not stars and are not planets). My loved ones have seen and some friends too, that is all I need so laugh away - I will laugh too

Lights that communicate via emotion and jumbled thought, check = an unknown!

Same here I know what I saw and it wasn't venus. For starters my sighting was in broad daylight and the object disappeared. I have seen venus and mars and jupiter and saturn and.... the list goes on and believe me I can tell the difference.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

that's funny cos i've just watched the ISS over England at 23.20 and the tracker website said this was the only pass tonight

Sorry, my mistake - seems it was visible there twice tonight - am a bit further north myself

now that i've made myself look like a bit of a pillock (not for the first time and neither, i fear, for the last) i shall go to bed for my work today is done '
'

[edit on 4-7-2010 by sputnik]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLily
AND....it's NOT the ISS!!
That i've checked on the numerous occasions i've spotted this thing.

It's bright white and star like,and it moves quickly and the first time i saw it a helicopter was in pursuit.It is silent,it has no flashing lights.
My partner saw it too that time and has witnessed it again with me tonight.....9.54pm,travelling north-easterly/easterly over Bedfordshire UK.I couldn't even see a star in the sky as it was still so light.

I would REALLY love to hear from anyone who has witnessed this type of UFO!

I'm in northeast Texas and have been watching what you describe for as long as i can remember (and i'm 50 y/o). The most i've ever seen at one time was nine (9); they were doing what could almost be described as acrobatics ~ going in all different directions, stopping and then zooming off, stopping and then making hard 90 degree turns and so on.

There is someone in the Dallas area who has been videoing them. His videos are rather repetitious but he has gotten them on film. I've never posted a youtube link on here but his vids are at www.youtube.com...

They have almost always appeared to be the just about the exact same size as the stars appear to be and though it's hard to judge the distance they seem to be up there with the stars (outside our atmosphere) when i've seen them except on three occasions.

Once there was one that seemed to be in our atmosphere (it appeared much larger) and every tiny move it made was exactly mimicked by one outside our atmosphere, giving the appearance that it was being "towed." On another occasion, we were watching one and, as it turned, it appeared to elongate and it became so bright white as to appear almost silver before it shot off, turning reddish as it went.

My husband didn't believe me for the longest time but after he observed those last two events, he no longer doubts.

The strangest thing i ever saw them do is difficult to describe. If i were to stretch my arm out against the sky and measure a distance of an inch between my thumb and forefinger, that would be the distance that i'm talking about. Imagine you're inside a house, looking out a window; there's wall on either side of the window; someone is walking across the face of the house, so you only see them as they cross the window and then they're gone from your vision again. I saw three (3) of them, in a row, appear in that one-inch "window" - they were not there, then there, then gone ... just like that, one right after another.

For those who say they are a planet or a satellite or the ISS, please tell me when a planet, a satellite or the ISS stops and starts or zooms or turns 'corners' or performs "acrobatics."

It's very exciting to see them, isn't it?

To us (Native Americans), they are the Star People and we have always known them to be out there and, occasionally, here, too.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Any idea which direction it was going? I saw something on Sat night, over Oxfordshire, which I assumed at the time was the ISS, it was extremely bright white, moving West to East and was between 11pm and midnight.

Minimal activity for me in the last few months, but I did catch a glimpse of a chopper buzzing a UFO not long ago, but that sighting was very short so I'm still not entirely sure about it.

Keep watching!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have seen something very similar;

About a year or 2 ago,
I was driving home from the bar, and I noticed an unusually bright star in the sky;
I was thinking to myself "Why is that star so bright?"

When I was about to turn down the street to my house, all of the sudden the star flashed red, twice, kind of like a strobe light;

I was just shocked and stopped my car in the middle of the road, staring at this thing trying to figure out what it was, after about 5 seconds I realized it was a UFO

I raced down the street to my house, parked my car, and ran into my house and out into my backyard,

I started waving my arms in the air yelling "HEEYYYYYYYYY"; trying to get its attention; multiple times,
It didnt move at all for about 15 minutes,
I thought about getting my digital camera but i didnt know where it was and I didnt want it to leave by the time I found it;
After awhile I started thinking to myself "Why isnt it moving?" "Maybe it is a star..." "I should go back inside"
As soon as I started thinking that, the UFO started moving directly towards me
I actually said out loud "ITS MOVINGGG!!!!!"

It made an L shape directly towards me,
First it dropped directly down about 20 feet, then all of the sudden it started sliding towards me through the air,
It moved really smoothly like a hockey puck sliding across ice, like it wasnt using the air to fly at all, it was like sliding on top of gravity or something,

It mustve been about 3 miles away from me, and it came over to me in less than 5 seconds,
It mustve been 100 feet above the ground,
Just a gigantic sphere of light about 20 to 30 feet in diameter, totally silent,
All I could hear was my own breathing,
It hovered directly over my head for about 2 or 3 seconds, and I was just staring straight up,
Then it continued traveling in the same direction towards the front of my house,
I ran back into my house and out the front door to try to follow it;
But when I got out the front door,
It was gone,
I was walking up and down the street for 15 to 30 minutes looking up into the sky trying to find it;
But it disappeared.....

The next day there were multiple reports on the local news about how people seen a ufo flying by, but they just seen it fly over; none of the reports were like mines at all

Another weird fact is that the day before my sighting,
I was in a chatroom,
and there was this lady that everyone treated like some kind of super psychic or celebrity/teacher or something;
So I decided to test her and ask her about life, love, and 2012.....
She told me about a "New Earth" where they had teleportation pads around the city like how we have bus stops;
I dont think anyone had cars;
She told me people still worked, and were assigned jobs,
I could hardly remember the rest;
I think she said all the positive people will be going to the "New Earth" and all the negative people will remain on "Old Earth"
Maybe there's no "New Earth" and the lady was just crazy....

[edit on 4-7-2010 by SupremeKnowledge]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I saw an oject of that discription on the 27/6/10.. ot was about 1;30am I was just heading into the house after collecting my girlfriend from work I look up and thought I saw a bright star but then it moved it was very silent it wasnt a plane or a helicopter and it was to low to be a sattalite,

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I had posted this on another thread earlier:

On the 3rd at about 11:45pm (about an hour North East from Calgary, Canada) my husband and I witnessed two white orbs heading east.

I was hoping someone else had seen this as well and posted some info. This was the reason I finally decided to become a member.

The first light was fairly large and going a bit faster than an airplane and the second light was half the size of the first. The little one appeared to be chasing the big one and did eventually catch up to the big one, then we couldn't see it anymore after it went past the tree line.

Definitely not airplanes and they were way too big to be stars.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think I saw something similar the other night on a Sunday, June 27 here in Moscow. I live on the 13th floor and I have a good lookout point on my balcony. There is an airport some 20 km away from here and I always see planes on their flight paths, approaches and I can even see them landing and taking off. I use the binoculars, of course. That is to say that I know how these planes look like at night.

It was a starry night, roughly 2am when I walked out to the balcony and something has immediately grabbed my attention. It looked like a bright star and it was moving from a distance in my direction. It moved at a medium altitude, probably more or less on the same altitude of the planes on a descent path that I see around here. I grabbed the binoculars and continued to watch. I thought that there was no point in taking pictures since it would be just one of those 'light in the skies' pictures.

It was moving in my general direction but past my house at a medium speed. Like I said, to a naked eye it looked like a bright star. The colour of the light was white and cold. Looking throught the binoculars it was obvious that it was a single light and I could not make out any outline of a fuselage or wings, as I normally do when it comes to planes.

The object was silent and as it passed the house and became blocked from view I went to the fire exit balcony on the other side of the house. The light was moving away at the same speed. It had the same brightness, which as I thought ruled out a helicopter with a floodlight. I mean if it was a chopper with a floodlight facing forward then I would not see the floodlight any more while looking at it moving away, right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join