It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you know TRUTH if you saw it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
In being a conspiracy theorist, you are in possession of a unique thought process.
One that does not accept all as it seems. One who's curiosity begs for more questions, more answers,dig deeper, find the truth amongst the lies.
But would you recognize the truth if you saw it?
In our world there are but a few big conspiracies, that truly keep minds busy analyzing and re-analyzing.
We mull over the facts. We ponder different possibilities and scenarios.We either believe or disbelieve what we see.
Even with a finite number of possible truths to each conspiracy theory...generally, we don't believe any of them.
We keep searching for something else.
WHY?
Are we afraid that if we believe anything as it is, it will make us like those who are classed as blind sheep?
Afraid to tarnish the label of a true "conspiracy theorist" to actually believe in something just as it is without looking for a hidden meaning, the symbolism, the numerology, the hierarchy of it?
Is it possible that because we look for what we do not readily see..we miss what the truth is?
Can't see the forest for the trees?
The truth is stranger than fiction, and yet...at times we believe fiction over truth because it sounds more plausible to us.
We would rather believe an entire group of people wanted John F Kennedy dead over political issues, than just some disgruntle person on a grassy knoll.
We would rather believe intelligent beings are in league with our respective governments and abducting people, than that perhaps our own species on this planet is responsible.
We would take it as fact that using planes and thermite on the US homeland could justify a war over oil in a foreign land when there is billions of dollars of it gushing away closer to home.
Sometimes you need to apply Occam's razor.
Sometimes you need to accept what you see, and not be so quick to dismiss.
There is a fine line, and it is surrounded by fuzzy gray.
Beyond that fine line...is a black hole fed by fear...that which your mind plays with and controls you with.
Tis easy to be sucked in..and hard to get out.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

We would rather believe an entire group of people wanted John F Kennedy dead over political issues, than just some disgruntle person on a grassy knoll.

Well, then I guess that makes the entire American government conspiracy theorists for wrongly believing at the time that JFK's killer was in the Texas School Book Depository at the time he shot him.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Experience + opinion = belief
Doesn't always equal truth.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

no doubt!

it doesn't even make a good theory!

experience is always limited to the individual
opinions are incomplete understandings

the only way to know Truth is to love truth, seek truth, and above all, to LIVE truth.

we all have the tendency to lie to ourselves. if we can conquer that, at least by realizing it is a fact of human existence, then we've won half the battle.

telling ourselves the truth is the first step to being able to recognize it in a crowd!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Everything that exists or doesn't exist is simply a matter of human comprehension. Any truth exists only as far as human comprehension.This is why we do NOT travel the universe. Our human comprehension has held us back from all things possible.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yes I would. Reality is perception and I have seen and know many things, that to this day no one would ever believe. Therefore, there is no real reason to speak much about any of it. Although I am sure a several few of the people at this website know or are capable of understanding and believing. If I tried to tell someone that ---- ------ faked his death, and is living in a new body, they would give me the weirdest look or would want to hurt me.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Would you know TRUTH if you saw it?

some truths may not be definable by ocular observations.
perhaps it depends who's and/or whos' wills we permit ourselves to be the extention of.
perhaps it depends upon many variables.
perhaps it depends upon who is in control of what mood we are in when we are looking at whatever it is we are attempting to quantify, and the intentions we have concerning the quantifications we seek.

i learned in third grade from Mrs. Yates about compound words. How they are words formed by conjoining other words that also had their own meanings. I was taught this tidbit of information in the 3rd grade at Glenn Elementary in Normal Illinois in ... 1981 or 82 i think, so it has been awhile.

who am i to call Mrs. Yates a liar?

DISC + LOW + SURE = DISCLOSURE

unless my math is wrong?

In being a conspiracy theorist, you are in possession of a unique thought process.

Questioning is a good thing, what we do with the answers once we have some is another matter, for another discussion perhaps....

One that does not accept all as it seems. One who's curiosity begs for more questions, more answers,dig deeper, find the truth amongst the lies.
But would you recognize the truth if you saw it?

would our eyes permit the truth to be seen?
curiosity, questions, digging deeper, finding the truth amongst lies.
would i recognize and/or acknowledge the truth if i saw it?
i think i might be able to do so...

into the twilight zone ....

The letters that are dealt to us are like cards. we can choose to hold them in our hands however we decide to. there is no law that i know of that says otherwise. "What if"

I'm Star Trek Capt.

can i have and do i need your permission to turn that "m" upside down and re-arrange the letters....

Patrick Stewart

In our world there are but a few big conspiracies, that truly keep minds busy analyzing and re-analyzing.
We mull over the facts. We ponder different possibilities and scenarios.We either believe or disbelieve what we see.

which is best and which is worst:
the best worst case scenario
or
the worst best case scenario?

Even with a finite number of possible truths to each conspiracy theory...generally, we don't believe any of them.
We keep searching for something else.
WHY?
Are we afraid that if we believe anything as it is, it will make us like those who are classed as blind sheep?

perhaps.

Afraid to tarnish the label of a true "conspiracy theorist" to actually believe in something just as it is without looking for a hidden meaning, the symbolism, the numerology, the hierarchy of it?

secret ... seek writ .... symbolism and numerology ...

what does the label "conspiracy theorist" really mean other than one who is detered from the truth because they are pre-occupied with *looking for focussing on conspiracy theories and theorizing about conspiracies.

Is it possible that because we look for what we do not readily see..we miss what the truth is?

i really like what you said here.

The truth is stranger than fiction, and yet...at times we believe fiction over truth because it sounds more plausible to us.

yep, truth can be stranger than fiction.
I'm Star Trek Capt.
Patrick Stewart.

another?

two phrases, identical ingredients:
time travel accident
directive: act mental

earth is acting mental, according to the Mainscream News & other liars.
literacy is more than from left to right. someone lied, alright.

We would rather believe intelligent beings are in league with our respective governments and abducting people, than that perhaps our own species on this planet is responsible.

and we are also led to believe we share 99.7+% of the same dna as these
humanzees? am i a clone, or are they?

who put earth on autopilot and hit the self destruct sequence?
allegedly this seems like the case. admittingly i may be mistaken.

Sometimes you need to apply Occam's razor.
Sometimes you need to accept what you see, and not be so quick to dismiss.

i, like many ATSers, do more than just hope this is the case.

...is a black hole fed by fear...that which your mind plays with and controls you with.
Tis easy to be sucked in..and hard to get out.

and who makes the rules?
rulers who "control" fools.
and who makes the rules?
rulers who need their tools.

who makes ther rules
rulers make the rules

who follows the rules
followers follow the rules

but who am i and what do i know?

Recalcitrant magniloquence is salubrious,
E.T.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

APPLAUSE
For adding to my thought process, and taking it much further.
Many thanks.
I need to stop writing early morning threads though after nights of contemplation and no coffee.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I have a real problem with authority figures telling me what to believe when they have been caught over and over again, telling lies in their own self interest and for profit.

As Val said......."I don't pay taxes to buy lies." And my gullibility factor is in short supply. I may not always know who is telling the truth; but it's pretty easy to spot the manipulators, the con men and the sellers of fantasy. In this case "it takes one to know one" is appropriate.

Sometimes you just have to go with your gut to ascertain the TRUTH. Sometimes you are wrong. Still I prefer my powers of judgment and intuition over what "the Man" tells me.

Metaphysical truth and philosophies; that's all just subjective BS best left to academicians, mystics and intellectual masturbatory types who really have no more idea of truth than the skate punk down the street they are just more articulate.

S&F

[edit on 4-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I agree Whaaa..let the gut give you insight. Occasionally, still wrong though.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
When you know what the truth is nothing can blind you from it...
If you change your mind to often or lead to believe fake crap and to often then you are on the wrong track..

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Freedomrus]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You don't need to learn the truth from conspiracy theories! The real way to learn the truth is to go straight to the source. You need to read the source material from the very people who have had a very negative impact on our world- to understand what it is that they were trying to say. This tells you exactly what they believed in- and the probability is- your guess is probably just about as good as mine as to what they really wanted. Conspiracy theories are helpful sometimes... but the real world is scary enough.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Insert picture of see no evil...

I really thought this was going to be a trick question at first.

For me I have been gullible in my life yes, but when it come to seeing the truth it is more of an instinct, a second sight if you will.

It is always good to surround yourself with honest people in your life so that the senses can become allighned with truth, then it is just a matter of awareness and logic as well as that good old fashioned gut feeling, Mothers intuition.

There is far too much truth outthere to be found to even bother with the lies and deceptions.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Truth is simple - if it agrees with human nature it's most likely correct. For example if we say the U.S. gov't agency XYZ tortured and murdered persons ABC and EFG because they were attempting to rat the agency out for other crimes that the gov't has declared itself exempt from, then that obviously has real merit.

When a debunker/apologist for said gov't says "there's no proof" or "you have to prove what you're saying" (giving the gov't the benefit of the doubt), then look out for the next crime, because it's coming.

The gov't is not a person, and should *never* be given the benefit of the doubt.

top topics

join