It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Australia treats its illegal immegrants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I would like to post some information I received today as to how illegal immigrants into Australia are treated by our 'generous government', compliments of the Australian taxpayer
This information was provided by a Barrister at Law, from NSW, Australia.
For privacy reasons I have excluded his personal details:
Anyone who believes the information to be incorrect is welcome to challenge.
the pension figures paid to australian pensioners listed here may be slightly higher as a small increase occured in March

Start message

"The information below should be read by everyone, whether you agree to its contents, or not !!!

NOW, LET ME SEE IF I'VE GOT THIS RIGHT....

If you cross the North Korean border illegally you get 12 years hard labor.
If you cross the Iranian border illegally you are detained indefinitely.
If you cross the Afghan border illegally, you get shot.
If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally you will be jailed.
If you cross the Chinese border illegally you may never be heard from again.
If you cross the Venezuelan border illegally you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed.
If you cross the Cuban border illegally you will be thrown into a political prison to rot.

IF YOU CROSS THE AUSTRALIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET:

* A JOB,
* AN INTERPRETER,
* FREE LEGAL AID,
* A DRIVERS LICENCE,
* A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER,
* WELFARE,
* CREDIT CARDS,
* FREE EDUCATION,
* FREE HEALTH CARE,
* DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
* THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST…..THAT YOU DO NOT GET ENOUGH RESPECT.

Sensationalism? Then think about just this one [not so] small aspect...
The Australian Federal Government provides the following financial assistance:-

BENEFIT AUSTRALIAN AGED PENSIONER
Weekly allowance $253.00
Weekly Spouse allowance $56.00
Additional weekly hardship allowance $0.00

TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT $16,068.00

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN AUSTRALIA
Weekly allowance $472.50
Weekly Spouse allowance $472.50
Additional weekly hardship allowance $145.00

TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT $56,680.00

If I were a refugee, why would I look for work? And the current Government is saying that 'elderly Australia' is going to put the country $100 billion into debt in the next few years?!
Please forward to all your contacts so that we can lobby not just for an increase in the aged pension and to put the welfare of Australian pensioners first, but the welfare of refugees further down the list - well after our Defence men and women, our farmers and the average Aussie battler. After all, the average pensioner alone has paid taxes and contributed to the growth of this country for the last 40 to 60 years; a Defence member voluntarily endures hardship, prepared to give up their life to preserve the way of yours; and the farmer/battler who are the backbones of this Country and Culture - never reaches for a handout but always willing to lend a hand...
When these people rarely, if ever, speak out they are shunned, ridiculed and dismissed by the Government and barely makes a headline in the news. When refugees/immigrants speak out about repression and insensitivity to their culture in Australia, it gets widespread media coverage and quick resolution by Government bodies.

*** I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION - HAVE A GOOD DAY (AT WORK)"

end of message.

I'd be interested to hear how other nations pay their illgal immegrants

[edit on 4/7/10 by bluebird2]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I think its because they realize if they let them in and they become the poor, they will rob us.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bluebird2

OK, that is tough.

But it is great to live in a country that is so fair. "Advance Australia Fair."

You should be so proud of your country.

But I agree - Australia's own people's needs should come before anyone else's.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
dang, sounds like i should move to Australia and stay an illegal immigrant.

but none of you Aussies need to worry, i hate the heat, i would die in hours living in the conditions you are all accustomed too

[edit on 7/4/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I think Austalia and New Zealand are about the only decent countries left in this world.

And it won't help us.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The coming Federal election in Australia is very likely about to reverse all of that to how it once was.

We will go back to the John Howard system, where illegal immigrants were held off shore in concentration camps under very primitive conditions.

They were free to leave at any time, and go absolutely anywhere that will take them. They were never prisoners, just not allowed to enter Australia, EVER.

Rudd stuffed all that up, and now he is no longer Prime Minister, largely because of this giant mistake, along with other giant mistakes.

Change is in the wind..........

And illegal immigrants can very likely expect little sympathy from the Aussie taxpayer.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
...sounds exceedingly similar to the usual Pensioners Should Apply As Immigrants chain-emails that get circulated regularly.

A quick search of snopes.com shows up a few.

Also...I wasn't aware that Australia had such things as Social Security Numbers...I thought Aussies had Tax File Numbers...

...which leads me to again suspect this is another slightly revamped and resent chain-email...

*EDIT TO ADD: Looks like a common email: HERE

[edit on 4-7-2010 by alien]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluebird2
Anyone who believes the information to be incorrect is welcome to challenge.

Where are all these ready to offer jobs, and what are they ?

Do you really believe that you can get a driving license without being able to drive or even speak the language?
Are you nuts ?

I have NEVER heard of any Australian ever having a Social Security number.
I was born here, and I don't have one, and neither does anyone else in Australia.
So why do illegal immigrants to Australia get something that only applies in America ?
Do they get a green card too ?

And who issues these credit cards and loan money to people with no identity or credit rating. No Australian financial institution ever would.
I would really like to know.

I am not just challenging you.
I am calling this all total BS.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Was this thread sparked by my thread?
Because I was joking about putting the whole world there.
Plus it would scare off all of them kangaroos, and I like them they're kinda like a standing dog with big feet and a pouch to boot.
No really on topic it sounds like aussies treat their illegals much the way the US does.
I knew I liked you guys, now if we could only get you guys your guns back.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Is there going to be an election, I thought all the pollies would just get together
and select a new Priminister just like Labour do.

Regards, robbo

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
We don't need guns owned by private citizens.

We have a perfectly efficient military to keep the illegal immigrants out.

And a perfectly trustworthy police force to catch the few that do get here.

Unlike the US, the system here works.

Freedom is not owning guns.
Freedom is not needing to own guns.
That is someting Americans do not YET understand.

When the revolution starts, and there is blood in the streets, that is not freedom. Americans killing other Americans is not freedom. You will soon see...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Sorry to disagree with some of you ... we do have a social security number for those who rely on benefits. It's actually printed on your pension card. Its called a CRN followed by 9 numbers and 1 letter.
and yes, we also have a taxfile number.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Hi, just a quick note, we Aussies don't have social security numbers as such, however we all do have a customer reference number given to us by centrelink, this is given when we are born, apply for benefits, or have a child. Pretty much the same as a social security number. And yes, immigrants and refugees receive a hell of alot more than the average aussie who is struggling and/or in need.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

From the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship - Senator Chris Evans

Wednesday 25 June 2008
The Courier Mail today incorrectly reports that illegal immigrants will be paid the dole.

There is no proposal before Government and no consideration being given to paying Centrelink benefits to illegal immigrants.

Bridging visa holders are not currently eligible for Centrelink benefits and there is no plan to change that.

source

Refugee Council of Australia

March 9, 2010

RESPONSE TO OUTLANDISH CLAIMS ABOUT BENEFITS TO REFUGEES: UPDATE

The Refugee Council of Australia has called on Australians to ignore hoax emails which continue to be circulated nationally and which claim that refugees receive higher social security payments than pensioners. The emails are blatantly inaccurate and intended to create resentment towards refugees and fuel disharmony.

www.refugeecouncil.org.au

Google Hoax e-mails about Centrelink benefits
... and deny ignorance

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Sorry mate, if you believe that came from a barrister then you deserve to believe the rest of it.

It's ,as we say, "bull#."

In Australia , an illegal immigrant, if caught, gets locked up in a Detention centre.

If they get refugee status, then we look after them, as every country is supposed to do.

that email is propaganda

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Get real ... where have you been lately ... they are coming here by the boat load because of the generous conditions.
Detention centers are overflowing and the people are being put up in hotels!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Exactly! And yet we have our own country men, women and children sleeping in cars/tents etc... because of the lack of housing, however refugees are given housing commision homes and houses full of furniture because they are classed as needy, the system is so wrong.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
A CRN is not a social security number.

A Australian tax file number is not a social security number either.

Different countries, totally different systems.

The original poster definitely said social security number.
There ain't no such animal in oZ.

Which totally destroys the credibility of the original poster.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

It is referred to as a CRN but the system itself is regarded to as social security, years ago when benefits were received it was classed as a social security payment, not a centrelink payment, different name, same animal, it is a number that keeps us tracked.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join