It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Rescue gets Pwned by jimmy kimmel staff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Operation Rescue, demonstrating kid gets attacked by hot movie light

I was browsing the web earlier and i noticed this on Operation Rescues main page and i couldn't help but make a comment on their comments page,

Cerebrus on Your comment is awaiting moderation. July 3rd, 2010 1:27 am I for one find this whole story to be a little fishy at best, how can we be sure of what really was going on. I have seen Operationrescue.orgs handiwork many times and though i must admit i am against abortion, i am also against the crude and disgusting imagery this site uses to get its point across, how many people are forced to gaze at these images put up by this group in public avenues and inside malls, Etc. While they are eating, shopping, at the library, walking thru a park, taking kids to soccer practice, ETC It is one thing to have a message that is conveying the horrors of what is going on but it is another thing entirely to subject loads of potentially innocent people who may very well be a supporter of your cause to such disgusting and horrific propaganda, it is a big turn off to most people and undoubtedly will lead them to disagree with you. No matter how accurate the evidence is or how convincing the truth may be, if it is not shown gingerly and with respect to average people then how can you expect that respect in return. All of this in my mind can easily give me the understanding as to why you all are getting attacked more often and how this teenager was practically cooked. I do feel badly for what happened to the kid in question as do i feel bad for the unborn who must be but to death in such a cruel fashion just cause mommy and daddy didn’t wear protection. But, … This does not excuse the level of indecency you guys subject America to just to get a point across, Simply putt….. You have gone too far. I understand jimmy’s decision not to apologize, and i respect it, to a degree. He obviously respects free speech so much he is even willing to put up unruly employees who could easily cause him a great deal of trouble, i do not agree of what they did to the kid, however, he refused to respect everyone at the demonstration and he ticked off the wrong people. He is lucky they did not just beat the tar out of him, He got lucky, big time. Where i come from he would have gotten shot for not showing respect, Not that i encourage that idea. Respect is the difference between getting your point heard or getting burned by a lamp. The truth hurts. (I am not a supporter of either side of the argument nor am i a member of jimmy kimmels team nor am i any third party involved in this incident.) ( my prayers of course go out to the kid and hopefully he will come to understand he needs to get out of O.R. )(They do not care about you only your vote.)

The basic story is that a kid was protesting with fellow members holding up gruesome signs and a couple of Hollywood workers burned him with a movie light. It gets kind of humorous near the middle when his friends beg the adults to "quit burning him, Please"

Anyone else think this is ridiculous, Like maybe the pro life movement has gone way too insane lately.
I guess he ticked off the wrong people.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Stupid people. They have legs. When they are being burned, they can move their legs to propel themselves out of the range of the movie lights. They do not have to interfere with the TV crew. What morons. Maybe they should stand in the middle of the freeway with their signs?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I'm watching Jimmy right now matter of fact.

... So their protesting not only his show but his Residence!! because he didn't make a public apology! probably for some joke he didn't even mean.

What a bunch of bored, lame pro-lifers. No wonder no one takes them seriously.

You know what they say, .... If ya can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Yeah, being pro-life is so lame . . .

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

No, .... but antic's like that certainly are.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
So, you people all would say that protesting an injustice is wrong?
Ok I understand some of you are willing to kill babies to keep them from being a burden.
Let's revise the question, Soyou all think protesting is wrong?
I see the quality in all of you who think protesting is bad.
Shame on you.
I posted the video to facebook show it to all of your friends.
I would boycott Jimmy but I guess I already have as I do not watch Must Sheep TV.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with protesting injustice. There is nothing wrong with being stupid either. Just buy your own burn medication and don't expect us to feel sorry for you.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

You know what they say, .... If ya can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Or just move out of the way of the heat.

Lets stand around in this extremely warm heat source.

new topics

top topics

join