It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TPTB comes from the Bible.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by FortAnthem

No, I'm expecting a whole load of people to do it the other way round; "this proves that the Bible was set up by TPTB to control us, and they planted that verse."

Yes, VillageIdiot, but if you look at the rest of the thread, the comment above is the one that was proved right.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Yes... I understand and, Sorry for derailing this thread, not my intention, just replying to Fortanthem's comment.

I saw an opportunity to be myself and...... I seized it.

As a side note, I'd be very surprised if People would make that connection you stated, but then again.... we shall see.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dennislp3

Thats not the "NWO", "Illuminati" or any of other hypothesized group of humans.

Note the whole "not against flesh and blood" part at the start.

These are the "gods of earth", the 70 Sons of the Elohim, whose chief is called the "cosmic archon" and "god of this world".

For some more speculation on the subject, go here:
The Fall of the Elder Sons and the Rise of the New Sons.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In it I discuss the Elder Sons before the flood and the New Sons after it.

[edit on 3/7/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Romans 13:1-7 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4 for he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. 5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience' sake. 6 For, for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.

Alright, I just got done reading a thread about exploding nuclear weapons in space. There was a really cool video and yeah, it looked real cool. I then started thinking about Bikini Island and how the natives were transported out of there so we could blast the place with nuclear weapons of all sizes and kinds. It was a beautiful place before they ruined it.

So then I came across this thread and started to ponder all the sayings that are attributed to the Bible and when I read the Romans verse it had me thinking. Am I to believe that all this testing that went on was for good? I am to believe that they have my best interest at heart as long as I agree with them and let them devise spectacular ways to destroy us all?

Strange correlation I made here. Not only am I to believe that God put them in the position to create and test these weapons, I am to pay tribute to them as well. It is getting stranger. I just don't know what to think of all this. It is bizarre. Oh well, maybe I'll find some wisdom about all this in one of my favorite songs.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Actually that whole Romans 13:1-7, has nothing to due with government or governments I don't even know how one could think that, its just weird.

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

I actually see now how one could think that government is a higher power and of god, instead of just a bunch of people with plans.
After all does it now say on the dollar bills in "god we trust", and in the money they do trust. That whole saying has very little to do with humans only in the maintaining of humans by other forces, the powers that be, more like angels or ethereal power's that are embodied as human when god deems not cool, or clauses put in the system when things don't go as programed. Events that represent governance.

for he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. 5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience' sake. 6 For, for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.

I always thought that if god existed he would not be so obvious as government but more like a force brought to earth to set things in motion kind of like what Genghis khan had to say before he killed whole races of peoples that asked him why was he, o so cruel.

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis khan

top topics

<< 1   >>

join