It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowplows Ready To Remove Abandoned Vehicles from Highways When Evacuations Occur

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
source? Something out of a news paper? any news site what so ever? Anything besides a blog entry and some random internet guys word? Guess not

Disinfo at its finest...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by hawaiinguy12]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

Yes that truly would give a face rearrangement to any hunk of detroit metal you could throw at it!!LOL

And one of these, even though small by comparison to some of the monsters out there for snow removal can reek havac on any automobile.

The national gaurd around these parts have thier trucks buried past the top of the cab with the bigger drifts and rural areas.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This thread is devoid of real content except for hysterical talk that really says exactly nothing.

Please, threads by/through experts, not fear mongers. Too many Alex Jones wannabes popping out of the woodwork these days.

Keep calm and follow the old Zen saying: Expect nothing, be prepared for anything.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Front Page now? ATS is odd lately? No offense to OP, it was worth posting, but 20-something stars and front page? I don't think so.

I am in Florida and I recently travelled on I-10, I-65, and I-75. Over the last month I have traversed from Gainesville, FL, Tallahassee, FL, Panama City, FL, Pensacola, FL, and up through Montogomery, AL, Birmingham, AL, Memphis, TN, all across Northern Arkansas, and spent a week in Missouri. (Not all on same trip, several different trips.)

Anyhow, some Humvees on road, some small military caravans going both directions, North and South. Nothing unusual, and not a single Snow Plow!

It is only my opinion, but here are my proposed probabilities:
1. Global Catastrophe 50% or 1:1 odds.
If the relief wells work, we are in cleanup mode a few years. If they don't work, we are totally screwed.
2. Evacuation 10% or 9:1 odds against.
And that is probably giving it too much credit. If the relief wells don't work. If we get several major storms, if the fumes get very bad, etc. etc.
3. Voluntary Exodus 25% or 3:1 odds.
That one is pretty likely. The job market dries up, the housing market is already in disarray, the state government (my job) is in budget crisis lockdown because of lost tourist revenue. The fear factor is very high, the draw of the beaches and fishing and lifestyle is quickly evaporating, so people will probably be leaving soon, and it will probably be a snowball effect. (Maybe those snowplows can push them back down to Florida?)

Just my opinion from a Floridian's perspective, but I think the dangers are extremely real and underestimated, while at the same time I think the evacuation fears are unfounded fearmongering and speculation from afar. I don't see people on the Coast worrying about evacuation. I see people from 100's or 1000's of miles away telling us to fear evacuation.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

just a little snow plow test

skip to about 50 seconds in

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by lunchmanstan]

[edit on 2-7-2010 by lunchmanstan]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1
This is completely ridiculous. I live in Houston Texas and trust me there isn't going to be any evacuations and need for snow plows. Man i swear the disinformation on Ats about this oil leak is worse than the leak itself.

I live in Florida and I agree with you entirely. This "BP Paranoid Freak-out" here on ATS is almost at t a level where it is dangerous it so ridiculous.

There will be no evacuation here either. There will be ramification from the damage of the oil to fishing tourism and ecology.....but over time life will get back to a new normal.

People on the ground here don't talk about it and don't plan to leave. In the real world (Outside the imagination of paranoid conspiracy theorists) people have jobs, mortgages and families, kids in school, grandparents to take care of...etc...etc... People can not just pack up and leave because a disaster may happen in the future.

If this were true...people would not live in L.A. or San Francisco. People would not live near live volcanoes or on the New Madrid fault.

You need to step away from the computer and realize life goes on....it can be sad and difficult, but you can't run away from everything. Some things need to be faced head on.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm not trying to argue the validity of the now infamous "snow plow" statement but geesh guys I think we should at least give some credit here to the fact that if they're preparing "vehicles" to remove abandoned vehicles off the highways - they're not going start staging them until they have to.

That would ensure mass panic for one thing. For another -

They could "ready" these anywhere. Just about 12 hours north of the coast are areas that regularily get snow.

AND...

The National Guard folks probably employ a couple (hundred?) of the tanks - which can quickly be refitted with minefield clearning devices.

I just think we're getting pretty caught up in symantics at this point.

(sorry for spelling issues - on my blackberry).

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

One question I would have is that does BP have a vested interest or control over any agricultural corporations?

Is it possible that they developed wheat that is resistant to destruction from chemicals like corexit?

Could they be trying to destroy the farm belt by waiting for tropical storms and hurricanes to lift up and carry these chemicals into the air and back onto land so that only their chemical resistant genetically modified plants can withstand the chemical lashing?

Does someone have the resources to look into this possibility?

Jaden

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

One question I would have is that does BP have a vested interest or control over any agricultural corporations?

Is it possible that they developed wheat that is resistant to destruction from chemicals like corexit?

Could they be trying to destroy the farm belt by waiting for tropical storms and hurricanes to lift up and carry these chemicals into the air and back onto land so that only their chemical resistant genetically modified plants can withstand the chemical lashing?

Does someone have the resources to look into this possibility?

Jaden

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You know, I have truly enjoyed this site for a long while, but come on folks...Where is your common sense? We have had numerous evacuations over the years due to hurricanes but these families only left their homes and went to area schools or other cities more inland. You talk as if a giant meteor will come crashing down and kill everyone in the state. Listen, it takes a tad bit of sense to realize what is plausible and what is not. Take the time to figure out if the post is true. My brother is a conspiracy theorist and man, he makes me crazy. Everybody is out to kill us and we need to fight for our lives. There will be no snow plows in Florida, Louisiana, or Texas. They are working on a type of plow to remove oil from beaches but that is all.

Let me start a new thread...I saw a 380 foot long shark today and was told by a popular biologist that is grew this large due to the Gulf oil spill!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Forgive me if I sound stupid but why would an evacuation be needed in any way? However toxic the water may get, if you don't get in the water it won't be a problem. I guess some toxins could get airborne but they could hardly spread very far and none of them could ever reach concentrations that would require evacuations of the Gulf area. That may happen in Hollywood but not in real life. So far I've heard a lot of panic about evacuations but no one seems to have a cogent reason as to why anybody would need to evacuate.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It is funny how many people are stuck on the idea of what constitutes a snow plow
Northern Cdn here. Rural also. It sometimes snows 3 feet before we see a plow. There are tractors down south right? There must be. Anything with a front end loader/shovel will easily push any car or pickup off the road. Approach from the side, push or flip said car, done, move onto next one.

That's all most farmers up here use to clear their 500 foot driveways, and yards, who needs an actual plow? They're just for the long roads, but the front end loader works great.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

We get it you don't think the plows will happen, you got to post it like three times? How about if verification is so important to you, why don't you go verify it since it's so easy and show us what you come up with. Don't basically sit here and ask us to do it for you. Again, it doesn't matter about the plows, the real information was in how bad it's getting and that they will need plows to get through the roads at one point or another...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It seems that some people underestimate the capabilities of a vehicle and seem to imagine every car being cleared from every road which is different from what I'm thinking. I won't even touch the evacuation part of this thread because of the speculatory nature of it.

For sake of argument, what if they just needed 10 major highways cleared from point A to B so that a path was available for whatever vehicles and people needed to evacuate from them? I'm thinking the last people that would be around, such as police and whoever, that would be leading such a process. I plow snow with only a 3/4 ton pickup and believe me I would be able to push vehicles out of the way. Snow is much heavier than most people realize. Granted my vehicle would be abused rather quickly and I may not get very far but it would be a different story in a 10+ ton municipal truck, such as the pictures some have posted.

In my mind, it's not that far fetched of an option to be used in an emergency as a contingency plan to clear a path for emergency service people . It would indeed work, I believe, without a huge arsenal of snowplows to clear limited access to a few predetermined areas.

Upon edit: I forgot to mention the tow truck issue. IMO it's entirely too time consuming compared to pushing vehicles out of the way. I also fully agree with the above poster regarding what constitutes a snow plow and the example of snow in Canada is an excellent one of what snow plows, of whatever type, are capable of.

[edit on 7/2/2010 by Three_moons]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

I agree that it is dumb, but I disagree with the simplicity you portray for evacuations. They do result in gridlock, they do result in abandoned cars on the roadways, even for minor hurricanes. Maybe you don't live in an island type community? Near Okaloosa Island there are very few roads Northward, and only one Interstate and it goes E-W along the Coastline, so it is no help really.

They typically use LEO to block all incoming traffic and direct all the lanes outward. People are on the wrong sides of the road exiting the area. Cars overheat, car batteries die, cars run out of gas. Hotels book up, gas stations have huge lines, grocery stores and hardware stores have bare shelves. It is quite dramatic! Stupid, and dramatic.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
you start ramming snow plows into cars and pick up trucks you are not going to get very far. They are meant for snow not two ton vehicals.. They would use lifting equipment not ploughs imho.

Have you seen what a real snow plow can do? I'm talking the big 5 ton models they use up north? They regularly hit and move cars without even flinching.
Forgive my sarcasm but I don't think they are talking about installing a plow on an old beat up 4x4 gmc pickup and doing it that way.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

Originally posted by ANNED

“Snow plows are being readied to go up and down the interstate highways in the middle of summer moving stranded vehicles off the road when evacuations begin.” - thejohnchronicles.wordpress.com...[ex/]

Snow plows along the gulf coast.

They should stand out like nudist in alaska.

It rarely snows anywhere near the gulf coast and they would have to bring them in from somewhere to the north just to have them on hand.

Any ATSers seeing snowplows anywhere near the gulf coast.

Wow. Of course most of the snow plows would come from the north. I think we all know it doesnt snow down south. In a lot of cases all you need to do is add a plow to the front of a truck, and it wouldnt suprise me if those plows are manufactured somewhere in the south, making them more readily available. It also says the plows are being readied for MID SUMMER. Your needless
add nothing to this at all - You should have read the whole thread, it helps out a lot.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by ziggyproductions05]

[edit on 7/2/2010 by semperfortis]

I guess that would explain all the semi trucks that were setting in traffic South bound on interstate 95 there must have been 50 semi- trucks with like 2-3 county type snow plows....That is so weird....I was thinking when I saw them man some county spent alot of money on those plows... Now I am kinda wondering if this might be growing legs. And when I said 50 semi-trucks I was dead serious they were all flat bed semi-trucks that were hauling the big county snow plows with dumper beds for salt. So if that was 50 semi's with 2-3 plows on back that could have been very easy 150ish plows. Thats not saying they werent being hauled from a manufacting plant up north to purchase destinations but come to think of it not all of them looked new.

[edit on 2010 by tsloan]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
As someone who's lived in very snowy places, I'd like to add that all snowplows are not created equally. Some ATS members may be thinking that they would be using a bumper mounted snowplow on a pickup for this task. That is highly unlikely. They would likely use the ones from the upper midwest. The blades are half inch steel, mounted on huge dump trucks very similar in size to deuce-and-a-half's. I've personally seen these huge trucks knocking cars and trucks off the road without much effort at all. The vehicles were literally buried under snow and were abandoned during a blizzard. Motorhomes and semis would be a different story, but by and large, there are plenty of these plows that could make light work of clearing the highways for evacuation.

In an ideal world, people wouldn't wait until the last minute to evacuate and would get out before traffic jams stall traffic indefinitely. Knowing backroads really helps out. For those people who use a GPS to navigate, they need to be sure to select "Least use of freeways". The best way to think about it is like this. Think of the way you would drive to get away from where you live. Now imagine that everyone else is thinking of that same route that live within a few miles of you. Abandon hope of getting out of the area on that route. Go to the gas station now (before it gets desperate) and fill up at least enough gas cans to get you 3/4 of a tank in your car. Then you make sure they are sealed (you don't want to breathe the fumes, or have them reach a source of ignition). Keep them handy for when you are ready to go.

By using backroads, and by bringing along extra fuel, you are far more likely to effectively evacuate than people failing to consider the above. Obviously, the earlier people leave, the better, but that doesn't help people who have bills to pay and are stuck there unless they are literally willing to walk away from everything and literally start over elsewhere. Other threads on ATS have discussed a 200 mile withdraw distance and mandatory evacuation zone from the well. If this is indeed being considered, then it's wise to consider your safe withdraw distance to be 300 miles. Don't be on the edge.

It's likely that this situation is only going to get worse. Look for signs that the weakest of the population are being affected. Look for signs that avian populations are fleeing. In earthquake zones, animals often times exhibit erratic behavior prior to an earthquake. Coal miners used to use canaries to warn them of gases displacing oxygen. There will be signs that things are tipping quickly that are around that area. The bubbling water (off-gasing of methane) demonstrated in the video is one such sign that needs to be strongly heeded.

This situation is quickly turning into the classic frog in boiling water. If you place a frog in really hot water, it'll immediately jump out. But if you place the frog in cool water and heat it gradually, the frog will remain in the water and be burned to death. This is the same thing going on along the Gulf coast. The temperature is slowly being raised. The signals are popping up all around. The wise will get out while they still can. If there is an ocean floor breach, rapidly issuing out unprecedented volumes of methane and oil, the likelihood of it displacing oxygen in the area increases significantly. Without oxygen you can't breathe. Should the mixture be between the UEL and LEL, you're also likely to have the entire area turn into a fireball (also depleting oxygen for those who aren't burned alive) much like a poor-man's-nuke.

Best wishes to all.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What cars are they going to push out of the way? Are a bunch of people going to drive on the interstate just to park so their car get's plowed? I wasn't aware that the interstates were all filled up with parked cars.

To me, this seems like BS for a couple of reasons. The first reason being that there shouldn't be a lot of cars parked on the freeway, though in the movies there always are. That's something you see in the movies, not real life. Another reason I call BS is because snow plows are the last thing that you would want to use to push cars off the road, rather you would use bulldozers or something to that effect, especially in the South.

If they gove an evacuation order, I'm sure the freeways won't be packed with parked cars like we see in those "end times" movies, rather people will just evacuate as normal.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

Some photos would be legs.

Anyone have any of those?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join