It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowplows Ready To Remove Abandoned Vehicles from Highways When Evacuations Occur

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

If they gove an evacuation order, I'm sure the freeways won't be packed with parked cars like we see in those "end times" movies, rather people will just evacuate as normal.

Evacuating like normal, for a major evacuation does result in abandoned cars, gridlock, panic, pisspoor management by the county and state authorites, and the like.

I don't think evacuations are coming, but if the do come, they will require the plows, LOL!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by malachi777

I agree that it is dumb, but I disagree with the simplicity you portray for evacuations. They do result in gridlock, they do result in abandoned cars on the roadways, even for minor hurricanes. Maybe you don't live in an island type community? Near Okaloosa Island there are very few roads Northward, and only one Interstate and it goes E-W along the Coastline, so it is no help really.

They typically use LEO to block all incoming traffic and direct all the lanes outward. People are on the wrong sides of the road exiting the area. Cars overheat, car batteries die, cars run out of gas. Hotels book up, gas stations have huge lines, grocery stores and hardware stores have bare shelves. It is quite dramatic! Stupid, and dramatic.

You are incorrect that cars are left on roadways. Cars are left on the side of the road but not in high numbers. I have lived here for 40 years and have gone through many hurricanes and evacuations. Are evacuations a pain in the rear? Yes! Is is so bad that people are running around on highways, jumping on cars and begging for a ride? No! Compared to the original post where snow plows will be needed...ridiculous. Here in the south, we just help push cars out of the roads with our hands and then in some cases, we offer a ride. LMAO

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by agentofchaos

I never said I dont think plows would happen as you can see in my post.............I said I question the articles source of "plows being readied"

Since I no longer live in Louisiana............I can't drive by the armories and parish/state maintenance stations where they would be attaching such plows. The OP’s article says “plows are being readied” Where? Michigan?

Did he mean they are shipping them down from the north or knocking off the dust.........??

Readied to me means they are being put on the equipment.........

There are plenty of members living in these areas like ATS members who are National Guardsmen that would notice such "readiness"

There are many issues with this spill that we should all have concern with............Until I see or hear of "actual" reports and locations that "plows" are being seen moving down I-10........I will stick to the other issues........

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
edit - post deleted - someone beat me to it

[edit on 2-7-2010 by CDippa]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Has anyone thought about the massive evac they'd have to do if a nuke option was decided?

No seriously -

Former President Bill Clinton said during a panel discussion in South Africa that it may become necessary to blow up the Deepwater Horizon well that continues to spew oil into the Gulf of Mexico.

-Jun 28th: CBSNews

I've read on some other places (not sure where) about speculation that the holes being drilled are actually tubes to slide a nuke down or something.

I personally don't think they'd worry much about an evacuation unless one of two senarios play out:

1. A Hurricane pulls through the heart of this thing and whips up all the oil, methane, and dispersants.
  2. They nuke the well and have NO idea of what kind of consequences this entails

I live in north Alabama and both Katrina and Ivan knocked trees down in my yard. A hurricane through the gulf would grab up all the crap they've been pouring in, along with the stuff spewing out - and then proceed to dump it as far as southern Tennessee.

An evacuation for that kind of thing would be scores larger than anything we've seen in the U.S.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by gncnew]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Baa, little sheeple, Baaa. Dont fight back, dont DO something... just wait for the evacuations and god knows what else, and toddle off for your govt masters. Good little slaves.

There's literally a dozen reasons for the entire country to storm DC in varying degrees of violent, and all everyone wants to do is whine and cry like 2 year olds missing their teetees.

Personally, I have had enough. *goes to look for a milita*

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Why don't you stop worrying about what others write and focus on the story, who cares if he/she said snow plows come from the north or are prepared in the south, that is completely irrelevant. Dont you have something else better to do?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'ld be more concerned about this fact: that a corporate controlled govt allowed a GOM response plan to discuss walruses. THAT's the real scary stuff, and until these snowplow Americans care to speak up about corporatism, they can stick with fantasies.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Most people down here are operating so close to being in the red that they probably couldn't afford to get enough gas to get far enough away from here if things were as bad as some claim them to be.

I have been here through several hurricanes,and realize that the best way to get out of here in a foreseen emergency is by bicycle with adequate fore-warning,the traffic jams will be ridiculous,I would just pedal on past in the grass with a bike trailer in tow,and have done so on numerous occasions,being insulted by idiots in cars along the way as I pass them by.....

I wouldn't think that this will come to the point of evacuating,but I am planning to go before it becomes clear if it will....Just because Florida is the crappiest place I have ever lived in my entire life.

Po-man's land,where they drive new cars on minimum wage,just to keep up with the jones's.

My bike is worth more than your car is....it's free.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
*If* they are really getting snowplows ready perhaps it's to clear oil from the roads if a hurricane or tropical storm moves the oil to land.

Even a thin coating would need to be removed and something like saw dust would need to be spread over the highway.

You can fit regular trucks with plows but to treat roads so they won't be slippery requires special equipment.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think the snow plows are being prepared for the giant volcano about to explode, which will dump many feet of ash in the area :-) Maybe ...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Snowplows??? Wow lets all consider this...I've been a Texan my entire life, born and raised on Galveston Island. There are tarballs and oil washing up on the beaches here all the time in small quantities from 100 yr old ship wrecks, leaks and ocean seeps (none from our current leak as of yet), and galveston has a small armada of "snowplows" that regularly cruise the beaches to scrape off oil, tarballs and refuse, keeping them nice and clean for our tourists. Snowplows on southern beaches are nothing new.
Now, on the flip side of that coin during the mass evacuation of hurricane Rita on the heels of Katrina when everyone here was in panic mode their were thousands of traffick jams, cars overheating and running out of gas which left thousands of cars on the highways up to Houston and beyond. In some places their were traffic jams over a hundred miles long and yes, people were abandoning their cars and walking...but what i saw was towtrucks clearing the highways...no snowplows.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by IOfTheStorm]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I agree... if they're collecting snow plows down there, someone somewhere would've noticed. And why snow plows? It would make more sense to use bulldozers or something like that that's already down south.
OP, can you find some pic's or video of these snowplows?
Thanks, for posting the youtube link to that video of Pensacola beach. I can't believe that guy went to the shore to film that. Hopefully he was wearing protective gear in the water. He was still breathing that VOC in regardless.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Of course a tank wouldn't need a snow plough attatchment in order to push a car aside. It would just go straight over the top of the car.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Baa, little sheeple, Baaa. Dont fight back, dont DO something... just wait for the evacuations and god knows what else, and toddle off for your govt masters. Good little slaves.

There's literally a dozen reasons for the entire country to storm DC in varying degrees of violent, and all everyone wants to do is whine and cry like 2 year olds missing their teetees.

Personally, I have had enough. *goes to look for a milita*

Check out "State Defense Forces" (SDF) instead. A little more legit, a little more organized, a LOT more training!

Here is Missouri's but there are plenty of others.
missourimilitia.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ive lived on pensacola beach since 1970, and have seen all kinds of stuff float up. From the current oil spill. To the mexico oil spill, to red tide's, dead fish, dead birds, dead dolphin, dead sharks. This thick green seedweed that infected the beaches back in 1976. It smelled aweful and your could walk out on the stuff a good 15 feet from the shore without sinking. Dead mans spit that boils during and after a storm.
In fact we even had a bail of weed float up back in the 1980's that made all the heads very happy. Were a hardy group of folks that make there homes on along the gulf coast. So the methane is higher than normal. So we get hurricanes all the time. So BP has killed off our once beautiful gulf, and made our beautiful beaches look like the back end of a pigs trough.

It'll take alot more than that to make us folks leave our homes & business's. You yankee's always make me laugh with your doom & gloom. Youve got no right till youve lived down here for a decade or two.

Yeah I hate what greedy BP's done, but we down here keep on living. Not running away like a bunch of weak willies.
Most folks that live along the coast are also ex-military or active military southern born & bread. And WE don't run. Ever.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
Has anyone thought about the massive evac they'd have to do if a nuke option was decided?

No seriously -

Former President Bill Clinton said during a panel discussion in South Africa that it may become necessary to blow up the Deepwater Horizon well that continues to spew oil into the Gulf of Mexico.

-Jun 28th: CBSNews

In that case, I will voluntarily evacuate!

I have said from the beginning that once MSM starts portraying the Nuke option as a good idea, that I am out of here! If the Relief Wells fail to work, I am out of here as well. My wife will not be happy, all her family is here, and maybe we can convince them to go as well, but all my family and my "safety zone" is in SW MO.

The Nuke is the only idea WORSE than doing nothing at all. If the Relief Wells fail, then I believe people will seriously start to consider the Nuke. That is a huge mistake!!

Bill Clinton? Dear Bill, What the hell are you doing commenting on options for the well? You don't talk to Obama, you are not an engineer, don't put stupid ideas out in the MSM, because people will start listening to you. Join ATS if you want to hypothesize about dumb options!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yahoo Link to Reuters

Oh Hell! Its hit Reuters and Yahoo now. MSM is starting to talk about the Nuke and the Relief Wells haven't even failed yet.

I started a new thread with the Reuters article and Bill Clinton's quote. Thanks gnc, for bringing that quote to us.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
[edit on 2-7-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here's a video I will throw out there so you guys can make of it what you will. I'm sure the many here are very skeptical of the webbot's (Cliff High's), as am I.

The webbot's Cliff High made some pretty on-point predictions that I found startling. I am not in total belief yet but what is said here does raise alot of questoins in my head. Listen to the predictions that have come to be and on the way by this guy, and let me know what you think.

That's part 1/8, more right there on youtube so I don't think I need to link them all. 24/06/2010, a week ago. Talk of evacuations and such.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by FermiFlux]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join