It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you think watching the oil leak live is scary... Watch this!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
www.usdebtclock.org...

Real Time!

LIVE FEED.

Compare the national debt, to the GDP.

Sit back and watch.

It's your money!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
We are already spent past our grandchildren. This will fail and the illusion will break apart in front of our very eyes. LOL

Debt does not equate Wealth! Yet Americans bought it hook, line, and sinker.

I cannot wait for the Party!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Any predictions on when the national debt will exceed the US GDP?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
i believe the estimate is 1.0% every 18 weeks, so I think the estimate is October- of course the msm will say something to the order of 1 1/2 to 2 years. the math doesnt add up on their end

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Be sure to take note of the total US debt, and think about that figure.

Also, look at each citizen's share of the debt (Your share) and especially per taxpayer.

How in the hell can we ever get this country out of debt now?

Also, look at the spending... in real time!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
wait now my math is flawed- this was discussed on here a while back and the 100% debt/gdp worked out to october. guess its not 18 weeks per 1% right now we sit at 94.27%

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Be sure to take note of the total US debt, and think about that figure.

Also, look at each citizen's share of the debt (Your share) and especially per taxpayer.

How in the hell can we ever get this country out of debt now?

Also, look at the spending... in real time!

total debt is somewhere between 200-250%- of gdp, you wont hear that one thrown around though. yeh Ive seen it, its ridiculous. This country as we know it will never get out of debt, it just not possible mathmatically

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by inbound

It boggles the mind... And the total US debt per family is over $668,000

Yikes!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
So that's what we the people are paying to govern ourselves. Interesting but I believe we could do much better things with that amount of money. That's kinda like a snapshot of the rothschild bank account.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Its too bad for our government that they can't spray some chemical dispersant on this to hide it from the public.

Though, I wouldn't rule out an attempt to shut down that website.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Any predictions on when the national debt will exceed the US GDP?

Whenever the global monetary monopolies want it to.

Timing is everything.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
At least the U.S is not at the top of the list. These estimates are interesting but I wonder how much of this is made up.

So much debt per family.. Yeah Right. My family has always worked, and paid their required taxes. How dare they take these numbers and divide then per number of families as if to say families were actually responsible for that much debt.

Much of this page is propaganda to help keep the sheeple under control.

This page is supposed to show "To find out who we owe all this money to, look at this pie chart. "

www.brillig.com...

" The government owes roughly forty percent of this money to itself, through the Federal Reserve Bank and other government accounts. The majority of the debt is owed to foreign investors, insurance companies, banks, and other privately held entities. The money is used to operate the federal government, which currently costs around two trillion dollars a year."

So the Federal Reserve is owed the most. These are the people who manipulate the money and the economy to make the outcome come out in their favor. This money is not really owed to them I submit, because they make the money on the money they produce for the people.. they always have the upper hand.. This whole thing is one Big Scam.

The government owes this money to itself. - Oh that's Rich.. why don't they just cancel their own debt out then there would be no debt !

If you owe yourself 10 bucks but you don't have it.. are you going to walk around saying.. gee.. I need help.. I owe myself some money? !

[edit on 1-7-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

Ex

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
President Barack Obama today sent to Congress a proposed defense
budget of $663.8 billion for fiscal 2010.
The budget request for the Department of Defense (DoD)
includes $533.8 billion in discretionary budget authority
to fund base defense programs and $130 billion
to support overseas contingency operations, primarily in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The proposed DoD base budget represents an increase
of $20.5 billion over the $513.3 billion enacted for fiscal 2009.

Defense Department

663.8 BILLION for more WAR....
oh yea, and reconstruction of Iraq and Afganistan!

We have to get the Military Spending Under Control
before we can move in any upward motion.

[edit on 7/2/2010 by Ex]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by inbound
....This country as we know it will never get out of debt....

pssssst!....... MONEY = DEBT

according to our current fiat monetary policy, the vast majority of "money" which exists in the system is not created by printing, but rather, by the invention of an instrument of debt or mortgage.

thus, there is no incentive whatsoever to get out of debt, as doing so would extract "money" out of the system.

the figure of increasing debt (in the link), then, should not be interpreted as an amount that is needed to be paid off. but rather, it is an indication of the rate of inflation of the currency.

....but you are right: we will NEVER pay it off.

During Fiscal Year (FY) 2009, the Bureau of Engraving and Printing produced approximately 26 million notes a day with a face value of approximately $907 million.

95% of the notes printed each year are used to replace notes already in, or taken out of circulation.

dollars annual figures

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
You should check out the videos here...

Set thine house in order

Its a great interview and it talks about a variety of subjects, national debt being one.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
That is an awesome site! Thanks for sharing I know a few people I can send that link to.

That's about all I can add to the thread, everyone knows we are in one big pickle on this subject.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
We are already spent past our grandchildren.

From those numbers, we have likely spent past our grand-children's great-grand-children's children.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
For some reason my high school accounting class is kicking in and I'm ignoring the Debt numbers and looking at the assets and liabilities numbers. That should be enough to scare a poli-chicken out of office.

I did some quick research on what a "good" ratio of assets to liabilities is for companies and if the US were a country looking for credit, ideally it would want a 2:1 ratio or above. Between that and 1:1 would require further investigation and below 1:1 would make a creditor wonder why they even bothered trying.

Quick crunch of the per citizen ratio since it changes a little slower shows that the US has a .669 assets to liabilities ratio right now. And the liabilities clock is ticking faster than the assets.

Is there a website for other nations that may have this information? I would be interested in seeing how the US compares to the other nations, especially the ones that are enacting the austerity measures right now.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Can't find one for foreign countries... Give them time maybe they will create one.

Did you see the US debt held by foreign countries?

How about the trade deficits?

No matter how you look at it we are in trouble.

This is crazy, people need to wake up.

For those who may not bother to click here is a message from the creators of that debt clock...

www.usdebtclock.org...

If you are curious about the sources for any figure on the debt clock simply hover over it with your mouse cursor, it will reveal the source at the page top.

There are other tabs at the bottom of the page you can click as well.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
They have added a section on the right of the page showing state debt.

Interesting addition.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join