It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America speaks to BP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Ask BP Questions for a LIVE Interview Google, YouTube and the PBS NewsHour are teaming up to bring you into BP headquarters in Houston, Texas for an exclusive interview with Bob Dudley, Chief Executive for BP’s Response. Dudley will respond directly to your questions and concerns in a live session moderated by the PBS NewsHour’s Ray Suarez. Starting now, submit your questions and vote the best ones to the top. Then join us for the live interview tomorrow, Thursday, July 1, at 3:30 pm ET where you can watch the interview LIVE on NewsHour.PBS.org and YouTube.

Tune in Now!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by hesse]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Thanks! They're talking about BP's exaggeration of their ability to respond. They are saying "no one anticipated" a continuous flow. Bull!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I was shocked to see there wasnt a thread here by the time I heard about it. Just had to do it..
Yeah what a bunch of bla bla.. Their PR is really getting to it!

Yeah it seems to be live now..

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hesse

Let me get my shovel. The BS is piling up.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Gotta love spin doctors.

I have been to enough meetings to know this is worthless. Talking about what you are gonna talk about is just to establish reapport and make everyone feel like they are doing everything possible to accomplish what has to be done.

Double speak is an art and corporations have the resources to bring in the best artists.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Sure didn't seem to me that they did things in parallel and it sure does seem like they are making it up as they go along. They seriously do not know what they're doing and he contradicted himself in saying they are counting on simply the relief wells now. No parallel effort there. Then he uses parallel effort in describing two relief wells. (I swear I think he read my rant about parallel effort!)

Then he says they are working on another series of options with the government? With the government now? He says these are at least two other options to "divert the flow." But he can't talk about them? So it's something so super secret we should be concerned? Or, more likely, they have nothing. What could they possibly be "working on" that we can't KNOW about?

I love how he keeps saying "No one could ever have envisioned."

"No plan in the world could have anticipated.?" Baloney.
Hey at least they got that British PR disaster off the air. Oh and be sure to drop solar and wind blah blah. BP is good. You care about PROFITS from oil. Regardless of the regulation violations. Here he goes with that it's gotten "better."

I tried submitting a question about respirators as soon as this started, but got, "No longer accepting new questions or votes at this time."

He says no one is prohibited from talking to the media.

They discussed BP gas stations franchises. It's a shame because they're franchises? Yes, franchises of a company that had unprecedented violations who chose to do business with them knowing the risks. Sorry, no sympathy here. He may be saying that BP franchises aren't directly related to BP oil mining or the spill (we all know BP stations may well be selling Shell gas), but it's the same company, and then he didn't answer about letting the franchisees out of contracts. (Not that I heard.)

"Come out of this half a decade from now?" Try 15 years.

He made mention of "so many people working." How many? Doing what. I want to know.

Department of Interior, Department of Energy, DoD, some senate offices all have feeds that we now have online. They're not hiding anything.

Oh well. Nice calm PR job. Very sympathetic guy. Decent questions from the people.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
doublepost

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My feed is stuck. Is it just me or did they get hacked? lol

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hesse

Mine's been stuck 4 minutes now too...