It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic FEMA Trailers For BP Workers and Their Families

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Looks like they found a use for all those trailers left over from Katrina, that are full of Formaldehyde

"Dozens of the trailers, which investigators found to contain levels of formaldehyde far in excess of federal limits, are being used as temporary housing for workers cleaning up the Gulf oil spill despite a government ban on using the trailers for housing, the New York Times reports."

www.newser.com...

www.aolnews.com...

Good old BP, just looking after their workers.......

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Anything to save a buck at this point. Plus this probably all strategy at this point. Do you sue them for the toxins in the trailer or the VOCs from the leak?

I wonder when it will become open season the BP suits wandering around.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
First of all most of the clean-up workers are locals, BP employees or otherwise. Second, word is plenty of hotels and motels are empty. So this doesn't make any sense on any level.

There are enough REAL issues to focus on and discuss surrounding the BP disaster without attempting to forward this agenda, whatever it may be, here.

If you want to bring up the issue of the trailers, do it. But to attempt to tie it to the BP situation is an attention-getting ploy and a stretch that goes farther to discredit than illuminate.

I know this is an arguable "reputable source" and no offense to the OP for reporting this because it's interesting to question why ANYone would bring this up, but I'm going to have to call BS on and question this one.

There simply isn't a need for this kind of housing from all reports we've seen. Again, this is opportunistic reporting that probably greatly exaggerated and as the report even stated has been going on since Katrina.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I tied it to the BP spill because cnn reported it this morning, said they were moving the trailers to the spill area, compounding problems they could already have with the possible toxins in the air from the oil, dispersants, and other chemicals caused by the leak.

I am glad most of the clean up workers are local and therefore won't need to go into the trailers. Sorry for those from other areas, if any, that do use the trailers. Maybe the news is reporting this so that any workers they bring in will know how dangerous it would be to live in them, and they will go to an empty hotel/motel instead.

I don't care if you call BS on this, it was reported on the main stream media. If I was looking for attention, I would be putting this on in the evening, as most things reported in the morning on this site don't get near as much attention. Just sayin.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Please read what I wrote. I was not criticizing or calling BS on YOU or saying YOU were looking for attention or calling YOU opportunistic.

You merely reposted a story that was out there, as I even stated. I was analyzing the intent and exaggeration and opportunism of the story, not you.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Point taken.
Apparently BP is the one buying the trailers from FEMA, from what I understood. Probably just trying to make themselves look good by bringing in housing of some sort.

Like you said, hopefully no one ever needs to use these trailers.

I only noticed this story because I watch more American news than Cdn, not very much ever happens up here.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Another thread exists already:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join