It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it a glitch in the Matrix?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have said this many times before.

People that are stoked, happy, optimistic, and loving life and all good things are happening to them in this world of Romance, Finance and other areas of their lives etc. they are oblivious to reality and not paying attention. In actuality it is these people that have the debilitating mental illness...probably much worse than the schizophrenic.

The schizophrenic is fine until everyone around tells him he is not fine and there is something terribly terribly wrong with him.

There is no glitch in the Matrix because it works on 99% of the populace. The ones that are ridiculed, laughed at, labeled, isolated, and medicated. Yes, you are correct. The Matrix has a glitch and does not work on these folks. But 1% is not cause for alarm or correction. Thus today (the matrix) is in perfect working order.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

The comments I am making are valid, someone has to point out how wrong and stupid this thread and threads like it really are. If you have a problem with me disagreeing with you, you can go and cry to the mods.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Divide and Rule - that is the battle-cry of schizophrenia.
So go figure it, in what kind of place we all live.
And, that is considered NORMAL.
Sorry, but there is a lot more to schizophrenia that some want to believe.
This disease rules, it is not an exception carefully projected on extraordinary "cases" with some real neurological damage. It is also a prevalent state of mind. And nobody bothers to look for a cure.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
In my opinion the field of Mental Health is still in its infancy.

We just came out of the dark ages concerning treatment and housing of the mentally ill.

Let me go even further and state that we are still using most of the standard techniques, questions and tests to decide if a person is mentally ill.

Just in my lifetime I well remember the state mental institutions which were filled to capacity with those persons assumed to be mentally ill.

Doctors used electric shock and drug therapy to treat conditions they considered mental illness.

If I remembetr correctly the early 70's was a time when most mental hospitals dismissed it's patients and put them on the streets with the rest of the ppopulation.

Continued

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

The comments I am making are valid, someone has to point out how wrong and stupid this thread and threads like it really are. If you have a problem with me disagreeing with you, you can go and cry to the mods.

It says to be wise as serpents not apes.

This is a stupid thread?

Funny how threads titled (I was a gray alien in a past life) have tons of activity but ones like this putter away pretty quickly.

The defense rests.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
There are many people with what are called mental issues who actually possess massive amounts of information and insite on certain issues. Its just that since these topics are so extreme in nature or uncomprehendable to the evaluating doctors these individuals are just written off as craziez... LIKE ON THE MOVIE FORTH KIND FOR EXAMPLE.... THEY NEVER FOUND THIS WOMANS CHILD HARGED HER THEN DROPPED THE CHARGES JUST TO HAVE HER ALL MEDICATED UP FOR THE PUBLIC EYE FOR BEING CRAZY --- BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GUY WHO WENT CRAZY KEPT SAYEN THE ALIENS NAME THEN KILLED HIS WHOLE FAMILY HE SEEMED VERY SINCERE WHEN I WAS VIEWING THE ACTUAL FOOTAGE.....

And yes the MATRIX HAS NEW ANOMOLIES WITHIN IT

[edit on 7/1/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Ohhhh trust me this not the only stupid thread. However as i pointed out in one of my other posts, this one could be very dangerous for a person living with schizophrenia to read.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I am not laughing at them I am laughing at the stupidity of this thread.

I think that he means your initial post of finding the OP funny is somewhat akin to making fun of someone with schizophrenia. I don't think it is what you meant, just a poorly worded response.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Yog-Sothoth]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Finally I am not alone!!!!

There are others who experience these things, and I agree with you, I feel like these images, thoughts, sightings, sounds, they must come from somewhere.

I'll tell you one thing that happened to me once when I was wide awake as a kid. I remember seeing a Chief holding a sleeping cat in his arms, he saw me too, looked at me and smiled, I could hear the cat purring. I think he was a spirit, because I could see through him.

I believe that at one time, Planet Earth used to have a lot more 'schizophrenics' on it. I think the DSMIV is full of crap, and there is nothing wrong with people who can see into both worlds. Imagine if we all plugged into the Universe, into one another, I think the world would be a better place, and perhaps people wouldn't feel so alone all of the time. maybe we'd actually learn to Love and not live in FEAR every waking moment.

I am of the belief that we are currently living in the fourth dimension, and only a few of us have learned how to ride the wave of space and time.

Welcome to the club my friend, I will see you on the flipside.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by leira7

Finally I am not alone!!!!

There are others who experience these things, and I agree with you, I feel like these images, thoughts, sightings, sounds, they must come from somewhere.

I'll tell you one thing that happened to me once when I was wide awake as a kid. I remember seeing a Chief holding a sleeping cat in his arms, he saw me too, looked at me and smiled, I could hear the cat purring. I think he was a spirit, because I could see through him.

I believe that at one time, Planet Earth used to have a lot more 'schizophrenics' on it. I think the DSMIV is full of crap, and there is nothing wrong with people who can see into both worlds. Imagine if we all plugged into the Universe, into one another, I think the world would be a better place, and perhaps people wouldn't feel so alone all of the time. maybe we'd actually learn to Love and not live in FEAR every waking moment.

I am of the belief that we are currently living in the fourth dimension, and only a few of us have learned how to ride the wave of space and time.

Welcome to the club my friend, I will see you on the flipside.

Thats interesting. Thank you. I do not have the hallucinations and such as I did have before the medicine, but it is interesting to note that the indians (Native Americans) that I saw, I could see through them as well and the entire hallucination was a greenish color. Before I saw them a white smoke came in through the window, I've always wondered if it had anything to do with the area because Florida had many Native American tribes before the Trail of Tears.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I’ll tell you what, when you start treating people who have sliced there face, arms and bodies with razor blade because they thought that if they had no skin the voices would stop only to find out this hasn’t worked and then spent the best part of a month on suicide watch in a constant emotional state, then tell me it’s a “glitch in the matrix”.
If I remember correctly...I said "not all supposedly insane people are insane"...and "perhaps not a glitch in the matrix...but something"...

Maybe, just maybe, if they attempted to understand the voices on a deeper level, instead of constantly being told those voices shouldn't be there, they wouldn't have thought they had such a serious problem that they would even go so far as slicing themselves open...I'm sure a lot of people would consider me crazy if they knew some of the things I believed...but that's only their opinion...I have confidence in what I know, I have confidence in my sanity...and I don't even begin to question it...because that's exactly how you lose your sanity...and it doesn't do any good to act like you completely understand the most complex processing unit on this planet, and then go around pointing out things you've determined to be problems in people and then concluding they are insane...the entire human race is completely delusional...so who the hell are we to decide who is insane...many famous creative people have had mental disorders, and it's usually these very "disorders" which account for their extraordinary creative talent...

[edit on 1/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Hello lightofliberty-

You seem to have a smart mind, your post was thought out and you have some interesting ideas as to what is causing it. My thoughts on the matter is maybe your mind could be tapping into past events (or even future) but its only fragments, kinda like a TV with rabbit ears where you move the ears around to get different signals. The different areas you go you tap into different events.

It could also be maybe that you are hearing your brain sort through information but you are only hearing bits of information because of how fast our brains work. Kinda like a song that sticks in your head that you can't get it out, I have had this happen many times and it seems the harder I try and make the song stop the more it wants to play in my head again. Usually when I accept it and let it play in my head without fighting the song, it seems to go away rather quick. The more I fight the longer it stays because trying to fight it makes you think about it even more. You must remember YOU are in control of your mind not anyone else.

If this is something that bothers you try to not think about it. Thinking about making something stop, only gives things like that more power and to play louder. I like to close my eyes and feel the warmth of energy pulse through my body. When you close your eyes feel the inside of your body, its like a tiny electrical tingly feeling all over the body if that makes sense. Remember you are in control of your body and mind nobody else, feel the pure energy that your body produces, pulsing like the sun.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
As a scientist and a psychologist i am simply forced to inform you that your post has no roots. There is no connection at all. I would advice professional help.

Get well soon.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

It is a mental d-order actually. But a very small one.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

Thank you, I am not the only one who recognises the stupidity of this claim.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

It is a mental d-order actually. But a very small one.
And what proof do you have of that? You just think it's a disorder, a problem, an illness, something that shouldn't be...however, you don't KNOW that...

EDIT: What if you were actually "curing" people of their ability to see and hear into another dimension...how stupid would you feel then...

[edit on 1/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Thank you, I am not the only one who recognises the stupidity of this claim.

This thread is not stupid. I dont believe its just hallucinations, I dont have schizophrenia but I have had OOBEs, astral projected, and have had other experiences which I cant talk about due to the rules about discussions of drugs. What people label as paranormal or hallucinations in my opinion can be explained by science we dont yet understand, there are other dimensions etc. Our brains are like consciousness antennas, the finite physical material in our brain is not the source your consciousness. I know this is a fact from the things Ive experience, but I also know there is no way to prove it to others. So to the people who think this thread is stupid, come on and try to see it from another perspective. What if it was you having hallucinations? What if your hallucinations were 100% real to you, like the computer your looking at now, not some dream like object. Thats how real hallucinations can be. For all you know, you could be a schizophrenic too and your whole life could be one big hallucination, you would never know because its real to you. Everything is just vibrations, light, sound, radio waves, brain waves etc. Thats why people who experience astral projections feel vibrations, then bam its like someone changed the TV channel and your in another reality, just as real to you as thins one. Timothy Leary meant "turn on, TUNE in, drop out" in quite a literal sense. Your reality is just vibrations and harmonics...

Of course, you dont have to agree with me, but please dont call such ideas stupid, you cant understand what its like to be a schizophrenic.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by CREAM]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trudge

Hello lightofliberty-

You seem to have a smart mind, your post was thought out and you have some interesting ideas as to what is causing it. My thoughts on the matter is maybe your mind could be tapping into past events (or even future) but its only fragments, kinda like a TV with rabbit ears where you move the ears around to get different signals. The different areas you go you tap into different events.

It could also be maybe that you are hearing your brain sort through information but you are only hearing bits of information because of how fast our brains work. Kinda like a song that sticks in your head that you can't get it out, I have had this happen many times and it seems the harder I try and make the song stop the more it wants to play in my head again. Usually when I accept it and let it play in my head without fighting the song, it seems to go away rather quick. The more I fight the longer it stays because trying to fight it makes you think about it even more. You must remember YOU are in control of your mind not anyone else.

If this is something that bothers you try to not think about it. Thinking about making something stop, only gives things like that more power and to play louder. I like to close my eyes and feel the warmth of energy pulse through my body. When you close your eyes feel the inside of your body, its like a tiny electrical tingly feeling all over the body if that makes sense. Remember you are in control of your body and mind nobody else, feel the pure energy that your body produces, pulsing like the sun.

Thank you. Those are very plausible explanations and I appreciate your sincerity in offering them.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

totally agree with you..

although i am not sure if i would say it is a glitch in the matrix. i would say it is a glitch in our connection to or relationship with the matrix.

i think you could expand this to all disease and all sickness. when you get this it can totally shift your perspective on being sick. it is all energy. we are all energy. when we flow without imbalance we do not get sick. and (in the 5D matrix) we do not age.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Where are are these people now? Why don't we see people that are roaring crazy all in our streets?

We are still having mental problems and we are still being drugged into apparent normalcy.

Yes OP. I believe like you there is a glitch somewhere for those of us that look at life differently.

My problem(s) are subdued with a history of using Prozac since 1994.

You , me and even the professionals do not actually know all there is to know about mental illness.

But you, through medication and much self therapy can lead a normal life.

We are infants in the theory of the so called eleven dimensions.

We are ignorant concerning the workings of the brain. If there is a cancer we cut it out. If there is a clot we have it removed and the same goes for other medical conditions of our brains.

But as far as mental conditions ..... well that is a mystery still.

Just for your information, I have known and met thousands of people from all walks of life from all over the world and have seen what I believe to be a huge portion of those people to have a mental condition from very minor to homicidal.

I have spoken with several psychiatrist and with their help have come to understand myself and accept that we humans are all different.

I'm not sure we aren't all somewhat mentally disarranged in our thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join