It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it a glitch in the Matrix?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

You are most welcome lightofliberty, I wish you the best.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightofLiberty
Thats interesting. Thank you. I do not have the hallucinations and such as I did have before the medicine, but it is interesting to note that the indians (Native Americans) that I saw, I could see through them as well and the entire hallucination was a greenish color. Before I saw them a white smoke came in through the window, I've always wondered if it had anything to do with the area because Florida had many Native American tribes before the Trail of Tears.

Well, I saw The Chief while I was living in Las Vegas, NV. I have seen many ghosts and things, all of my life. I did learn the secrets of the Universe recently, and because of the trance I was put it, I almost ended up in the psychiatric ward. I practice non-violence, so it's not like I was a threat to anyone or myself, but I was yelling, and got the cops called on me. Boy did I see some crazy stuff though, I saw into the future, and I can tell you, that all of the stuff going on right now is making Planet Earth really upset, she is about to explode if we don't ALL WAKE UP. I felt her pain, it brought me to my knees.

Hey, the spirit world is real, and I am always aware of my physical surroundings when I make contact with the other side. I never forget who I am, where I am, what year it is, I am just simply, HERE and THERE at the same time. People, learn to use your light bodies! Stop calling us psycho! I am a nice girl!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Architvion: if you are Psychologist like you claim you would understand that you should leave diagnosing someone to the psychiatrists.

Second

[edit on 1-7-2010 by GeechQuestInfo]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Stop calling us psycho! I am a nice girl!
Nice, that was a good post...I love the confidence you have in your sanity...hey, even if everything you've seen and heard was just a product of your imagination, at least you aren't trying to slice your body open in order to get the voices out of your head!
Go back a page if you didn't get that joke.

[edit on 1/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Terrence Mckenna once debated that the shamans of old would have classically been labled in the western world as Schizophrenic.

Perhaps the messiah will talk to us from this realm as a being of light, showing us that the world we live in is but one of the millions of realities we are connected to.

My belief is that if a schizophrenic dies to his ego he is then released from the fear which fried his mother board.

The only way to overcome this would be to realise that there is no motherboard.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Do you have any idea the damage these types of threads could do to a person who has diagnosed schizophrenia? A diagnosis of schizophrenia is the mental health equivalent of giving a diagnosis of cancer. There is no conspiracy it is a very serious psychiatric condition and should a venerable person living with schizophrenia read a thread like this or similar to it, it may persuade them to stop taking medication and/or fuel any delusions of grandeur.

I would add that ATS in general could be a very dangerous place for a schizophrenic. It's full of people preaching not to take pharma medication and others talking about alternative realities, higher plains of existence and any number of subjects that could potentially trigger or fuel a schizoid episode.

I feel sorry for the OP to have to endure this terrible affliction and will stress that regardless of what you read online, you must continue to take your meds.

Go in peace my friend.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yog-Sothoth

reply to post by LightofLiberty

I am not laughing at them I am laughing at the stupidity of this thread.

I think that he means your initial post of finding the OP funny is somewhat akin to making fun of someone with schizophrenia. I don't think it is what you meant, just a poorly worded response.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Yog-Sothoth]

Or to put it a better way, he was laughing at the absurdity of the situation, rather than at the OP's unfortunate state of mind.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
i believe schizophrenics are seeing and experiencing things that are there, but that according to our society are make-believe.
once someone begins experiencing things like that with no logical explanation, other than "you're crazy" well, you go crazy.
you don't learn to work with you abilities, evolution of mind, you are taught that it is a demon to be feared and corrected.

i believe deja vu is maybe a glitch in the matrix.

schizophrenics (imo) are seeing *through* the matrix in different ways and they do not have a frame of reference to judge it as anything but a dysfunction.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
A "glitch in the Matrix" is deja-vu. It's when something get's changed and an overlap is created. The Matrix slave experiences that overlap as repeating experiences.

"Schizophrenia" is not a glitch - it's just schizophrenia in the brain of the person in the pod. Schizophrenics are just regular people like other Matrix slaves, but they have a chemical imbalance in the brain which translates itself into the residual self-image you see in the construct.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It is scary to spend the whole night digging under the sink and through the linen closet for some puppies that your mother's dude is hiding, to sell for profit.

You saw and heard them there.... But they are not. They do not exist.

Still, the whole night is spent tearing everything apart to find these puppies.

In the morning, everyone is pissed at the mess.... And only looks of shame are produced when the story is told...

Just sayin'. Not admitting to have gone through any such experiences.

Life is weird.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Schizophrenia would suck so much. We all take for granted that what we experience is real, but if you couldn't trust that "reality", how would you cope?

I would imagine it to be frustrating. I for one would want meds. Normality is much easier to work with, don't you think?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by LostNemesis

Schizophrenia would suck so much. We all take for granted that what we experience is real, but if you couldn't trust that "reality", how would you cope?

I would imagine it to be frustrating. I for one would want meds. Normality is much easier to work with, don't you think?

I may never understand Schizophrenics that could want to "embrace" their "issues" instead of possibly finding a way to cope "normally" with meds.

Coping is difficult enough as it is, even for "normal" people. Lol

If the meds work, why not let them help make life easier? It's difficult enough trying to decide what is real or not.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo

Do you have any idea the damage these types of threads could do to a person who has diagnosed schizophrenia? A diagnosis of schizophrenia is the mental health equivalent of giving a diagnosis of cancer. There is no conspiracy it is a very serious psychiatric condition and should a venerable person living with schizophrenia read a thread like this or similar to it, it may persuade them to stop taking medication and/or fuel any delusions of grandeur.

I would add that ATS in general could be a very dangerous place for a schizophrenic. It's full of people preaching not to take pharma medication and others talking about alternative realities, higher plains of existence and any number of subjects that could potentially trigger or fuel a schizoid episode.

I feel sorry for the OP to have to endure this terrible affliction and will stress that regardless of what you read online, you must continue to take your meds.

Go in peace my friend.

I would have to disagree, I think the most damaging part of schizophrenia is the lack of understanding of whats happening to you. Im not going to discourage anyone from taking their meds, especially if it helps them, but reading about alternate topics and views may actually help such people understand their reality. Instead of just numbing your mind with anti-psychotics(which Ive taken once before, I know what they do) so you cant think, you have to slove the root of the problem too, meds just temporally cover up the problem, often after a few years the drugs dont work anymore...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

I understand what you are saying and I can sympathise, but it doesn't change the fact that there are potential real world dangers in this thread to the OP's mental and possibly physical well-being, depending on the severity of his condition. We do not know this information and it is simply foolish to fuel and delusions that he may or may not have.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
My "uncle charlie" is a schizophrenic. He spent much of his life in and out of hospitals and institutions. I remember some of the things he would get worked up about while at family reunions and the occasional weekends he would show up for cook outs. A brief overview of some of his favorite topics: how "they" were poisoning the water supply to keep everyone "asleep". "They" put an implant in him that could track him anywhere and "radio" messages/instructions to him. He "worked for the CIA/NSA" and was being followed because he ran away, due to him discovering that they had wiped his memories and replaced them fake ones. He had been visited by aliens and been given the gift to "see the real "person" inside of a person. "They" were developing weapons with the power to "control the weather". The aliens had massive motherships miles wide using cloaking devices and monitoring earth. "They" communicated to him through the television using "low frequencies that people can't hear unless they have a receiver".
Now don't get me wrong, I KNOW that "uncle charlie" had some problems, real serious problems. "Uncle charlie" was toothless, my father beat him with my grandmothers high heeled shoe after he tried to kill her because she was an "alien that stole her skin".
But it seems to me that some of "uncle charlies" favorite subjects are actually real or at least may hold a grain of truth. Who knows maybe he wasn't as crazy as he seemed to be in the early to mid 80's.
BTW good thread OP.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Schizophrenia has been explained by some as the inability of someones brain to filter and exclude extraneous background 'noise'

this makes it very difficult if not impossible for them to separate junk from what they should be focusing on

and doesn't by any means mean that that they can't have epiphanies or flashes of insight like say Shamans who aren't schizophrenic

the OP would like to know from the viewpoint of someone not afflicted
what their take would be on this issue'

I donot have schizophrenia OP and I think that if schizophrenics experience a glitch in the Matrix ,it might just be a glitch in the Matrix but you must remember everyones Matrix is theirs alone so if you get a glitch you will be the only one who can see it

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

Are you one of the guys that believes the new psychiatric disorder of eating healthy food is just a mental disorder? Just curious?

No.

Are you?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Do you have any idea the damage these types of threads could do to a person who has diagnosed schizophrenia?

As opposed to laughing at someone who admits to having it?

@ OP ... Interesting thread
... I hope some of the answers give you some insight into whatever you are looking for

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

I was openly mocking the thread not people who are living with schizophrenia, read my other posts then judge what I have said.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar
As opposed to laughing at someone who admits to having it?

As opposed to someone who claims to have it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join