It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Junk DNA.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blackhatchet

I saw an interesting film about scientists trying to make purple petunias more purple. They inserted a second purple gene into the cell. The RNA immediately noticed that something was amiss and cancelled all the purple genes and WALLA! white petunias.
Strange huh?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
When one thinks do they not create?

The reality they create is not often the 'picture' as a work of art to nature.
Art can only mimic nature.

I believe the problem with most folks is when they hear the word 'nature' they look down and rarely up.

Until the masses can learn to look up.....then down will they be able to 'connect' with the cosmos with any real meaning.

Sounds like an interesting thread, Ill have to finish it later.
Time management.

How much time can one give oneself to find oneself and their relation/ship to all around them?

To attempt to see the world objectively rather than subjectively is quite a jump in perspective. I believe it takes practice as everything else.

One's Gifts must be acknowledged before they may be opened.

If One opened each others' Gifts, would not 'all' benefit in the End?
Seems logical and a 'healthy' way of exploring the worlds around you.

"Synchronicity is the clockwork of Creation"
When 'acknowledged for what it is.....creation will be acknowledged for what it is:

~infinite~

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
It is , in theory, possible that our DNA holds indeed a communication device.
You can think of a holographic universe, or maybe a sentient universe. Well, that would make it god-like doesn't it ?

Reverse the way you are looking at this and you have your answer.

We are clearly not god-like when it comes to ability.

If DNA holds a communication device it needs to communicate with something else beyond ourselves.

Our bodies communicate with the world and so do our minds, as well as each other which is clearly evidenced.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

If DNA holds a communication device it needs to communicate with something else beyond ourselves.

Yes that is what I intend to suggest. But with who or what ?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

i cannot locate a link for reading, but if you cannot understand the abstract then reading the article is probably moot.

i think what we are getting at with DNA quantum computing is that the spin state of a single nucleotide base pair (A-T or C-G), can have an effect on the spin states of base pairs across the entire molecule. in other words, the spin state of a single molecule of DNA is totally coherent zero-sum, noise.

this can be compared to the particle/wave duality of quantum mechanics. and in this way, we are saying that the entire molecule of DNA is a quantum object because its spin state is in a super-position of UP and DOWN.

what this does is open up the DNA molecule to non-local effects which might be the pathway for consciousness to physically manifest through it.....as perhaps a hyper-dimensional radio transciever.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

what this does is open up the DNA molecule to non-local effects which might be the pathway for consciousness to physically manifest through it.....as perhaps a hyper-dimensional radio transciever.

I may not understand the article but we end up with the same result.

This alone deserves a toast.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Three_moons

I can even say it is about the same percentage.
If I remember correct, we only have about 4 % understanding of the cosmos.

If it indeed is linked, then we could expect new discoveries with on both parts when they occur. Can't we ?

We could indeed. I hadn't ever made a connection between the two and I'm unsure what to speculate exactly although it makes be think of "as above so below".

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Your creator.

God.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

What a great vid.

I'm however not so comfortable with Christianity and their explicit ways.
Or did you intend it to mean something else ?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Yes, you're making sense. I too have had some experience which cause me to strongly suspect that is the case. And your description of a sentient or at least "aware" universe is something that is compatible with my own personal form of spirituality. But at the same time I'm an agnostic skeptic, so I can't regard those experience as conclusive, irrefutable proof. It's safer for me to say I "strongly suspect" something along those lines.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Interesting thread Sinter Klaas,

To save typing it all out again, what you are saying in your OP is very similar to a hypothesis of mine i came up with around 2002.

Here's the link to the posts i made that bear an uncanny resemblance to what you are hinting at here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A portion of what i wrote;

My own hypothesis is one of the 95% being a kind of biological memory interface, a hereditary memory...all of our ancestral memories are stored inside our dna, which if we could access it would tell us all we needed to know about our personal lineages, and true history. How do we access it? Through various methods, the most direct and effective of which is with the aid of certain plants and chemicals...most notably the ones used regularly by shamans around the world, in what we in the West consider to be 'primitive tribal peoples'. We can also communicate with this memory and experience bio-store, through meditation, specifically when dreaming. This is why we have a world governed by those that are terrified about the general population using hallucinogens, and other substances that allow us direct communication (in the real sense) between our conscious minds and this memory from our ancestral line.

And...

Inherited memory through 'junk DNA', is how animals posses the baffling ability to 'know' things about their environment, and life processes that are simply impossible for them to be taught by any other members of their species. The proof of this is everywhere in the animal kingdom. They did not 'learn' these actions from their parents, or siblings, so how do they know they are supposed to perform a certain way, or do certain things to complete their life cycles? Genetic memory stored in DNA, that's how. They know from previous generations that came before them, all the way down their own particular lineages. There is no junk DNA...there are terabytes and terabytes worth of genetic memory engrams, from those that came before us. We just need to know how to efficiently access this memory, and process the memories from it's store 'format', to the conscious format. Hallucinogens will do this, after practice, but they are (obviously) illegal. ETA: This also very strongly points to the origins of the phenomena we call 'reincarnation', which if my hypothesis is correct, IS ACTUAL memories of past lives...just NOT our own! What people are doing, is under either hypnosis (a trance like meditation), through drugs, through other forms of meditation, they are accessing their biological memory store by chance, and are actually interacting with the memories of their ancestors! It seems like a real memory to them...because that's exactly what it is..only, it's not their own personal memory, but from someone else, who passed those memories down to their DNA store when they were conceived.

From another post in the same thread;

...there are estimates that put a figure of up to 100 billion neurons or brain cells (nerve cells). And about 10 billion pyramidal cells. As a ration of brain size to body size, we are not at the top. A hummingbird has a ratio of about 1/25, and we humans have a ration of about 1/49. Even the humble mouse has a ratio of 1/40. Apart from our brains, we humans have been estimated (obviously, as you couldn't count them!) to have anywhere from 50 - 100 trillion cells in our entire bodies. And each of those 50 - 100 trillion (or 50,000 - 100,000 billion) cells contains the DNA molecule. So, in other words..we have approximately between 1000 and 2000 times more cells containing potential 'genetic memory', as we do in our brains containing 'actual conscious' memory. Or you could look at it another way, and say we have the potential storage space in our DNA to contain the total lifetime memory of up to 2000 direct ancestors! (if we say that each body cell has the equivalent memory capacity as a brain cell)

Apologies for pasting large parts of the previous thread's replies here, but i thought it was directly related to your OP here and quite relevant.

Cheers.

[edit on 2/7/2010 by spikey]

[edit on 2/7/2010 by spikey]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Great work Sint!
It's mind boggling how some people try to lead the so called 'scientific' studies in a totally different way than what the outlay actually says if you think about the facts being presented.

I mean.. JUNK.. dna? Why the hell would we be so arrogant, to call it junk, just because we have no clue what this stuff is telling us.

Star+Flag!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Thanks Spikey

The facts are already extraordinary, let alone the possibilities.
What you describe for animals and what is known as instinct has to be embedded in DNA.
But... what about animals that react to a coming disaster ? Like before a big thunderstorm or an earthquake ?

And for hallucinates, '___'. This particular substance is said to produce a similar effect to everybody. How weird is that ?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Hi thanks.

I just want to say, don't be afraid to give an opinion. If it happens to be wrong, just change it. People that judge on how many mistakes you make, they seem to miss the picture all together.

Us humans have the quality to learn from mistakes.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Great post OP!! I have a theory on junk DNA...

1) Everything is energy and vibrates at a certain frequency. I have done some research on the effects of frequency and a man by the name of Dr. David Hawkins came up with a chart that explains the levels of frequency from the alpha (beginning point) to Ultimate Consciousness.

The Human range of emotions really affects ones vibratory level...

The chart goes like this:

1000 - Ultimate Consciousness
700+ - Enlightenment
600 - Peace
540 - Joy
500 - Love
400 - Reason
350 - Acceptance
310 - Willingness
250 - Neutrality
200 - Courage
175 - Pride
150 - Anger
125 - Desire
100 - Fear
75 - Grief
50 - Apathy
30 - Guilt
20 - Shame

Now according to Dr. Hawkins the planet is at 207 for its average!

My theory suggests that once the planet can move up to an increasingly higher level like love 500+ then as a collective our DNA will be at a higher vibratory level which will switch on the "junk" DNA since we would be at the correct frequency to evolve to that stage in order to handle what the DNA has in store for us.

That in turn is why we have been oppressed, and why we have been denied huge amounts of information, that is why we spend most our lives working and being stressed. Etc. etc. etc....life has been structured for us to stay at a lower level and not to experience our true potential as human beings.

I believe that every individual NEEDS to work on oneself, change core belief structures, be more open minded, don't judge others and don't expect from anyone but themselves.

Once this occurs and our frequency of the planet shifts way up that's when the light will turn on for the mass awakening of the God-like humans that we really are and that's when we will truly discover what has been lying dormant in us this whole time!

Once we wake up that's when our DNA will wake up!!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

reply to post by XXXN3O

Yes that is what I intend to suggest. But with who or what ?

With each other!!! It connects all of us together!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
How come humans are the only species on Earth with so much junk dna. Every other species use close to their maximum.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by berrygurrl

I've heard about your theory, and it would very much be very cool if that would be real.

I figured the same as you actually about with who we communicate.
XXXN30 is just a little vague in his answers.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

I was hoping you could tell me ?

Maybe berrygirll is right and we will found out, when we are ready for it.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by berrygurrl

I believe that every individual NEEDS to work on oneself, change core belief structures, be more open minded, don't judge others and don't expect from anyone but themselves.

Once this occurs and our frequency of the planet shifts way up that's when the light will turn on for the mass awakening of the God-like humans that we really are and that's when we will truly discover what has been lying dormant in us this whole time!

Once we wake up that's when our DNA will wake up!!

Love this!!!!

Definately what we as human beings need to be working towards!

have you got any links about this theory?
Anything that gonna be nice reading

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join