It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Iran is attacked, what will happen to the U.S. hikers held captive there?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Ignoring whether they are spies or not, on a wider focus I know the US/UK and other muti-nation troops have trained repeatedly in operations like Joint Warrior to extract civilians from deep within a war zone..

These operation's in UK terms are called NEO (Non-Combatant Evacuation Operation)

U K MoD Commando Linky

The 'landward' training commenced early on Monday 28 April 2008 with a beach landing and 20 km insertion march along the roads and fields (with the local landowners' permission of course), followed by the NEO operation to evacuate a role-playing civilian population from a mock hostile presence.

Joint Warrior simulates attacking multiple beligerent nations and parralel ops include those like the NEO.

I would then assume special forces would be used for other types of extraction, perhaps deeper inland, and on that basis would assume an attempt would be make to evacuate these guys as well.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I will not give out where I heard it from ( some need to keep underground )

The 3 people who "where hiking in Iran "

with in 105 km of the boarder of Iraq and Iran 3 were hiking
on the Iraq side the 3 be kept
Iran will be blamed
for if they were there
The US would have invaded by air

Last hostage and or prisoner was 79
remember all you do is for the fat cat to dine

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This in nothing more than a crackpot US agency ploy. War is on the horizon, everyone knows this, everyone realizes the media is beating the drums of war. The non-idiots realize the media is nothing more than propaganda, at this point, in support of Iran fear-mongering, so it's not but one more step to realize that this whole "incident", is a setup.

Whether it was by mistake (or not) that these "civilians" were arrested, it matters not. What matters is the petty tool they have become. A media fear-monger exercise, one of the few. Every time the media's handlers ask for a beating of the war drum, they show this story. As if any Americans feel sympathy for these morons in the first place.

I've been to Iraq, I've been to the Kurd regions, I've been to the Turkish and Iranian borders. You are nothing more than a completely confused idiot if you "accidentally wander" into Iranian territory. Nevermind the logistics involved in trekking over by mistake, there is still the fact of dealing with the Kurdish Peshmerga ("those who face death"), the grizzled mountain fighters of the Norther border regions of Iraq. They are liable to shoot you and ask questions later, should you just be "hiking" in the mountains.

Oh, and then there's the mines. Good luck with that.

The likelihood that this cosmically aligned event of three "well-to-do" Americans getting "captured" on the precipice of a campaign of preemptive war propaganda on the part of the US, is damaging to any legitimate points, to say the least.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
This in nothing more than a crackpot US agency ploy. War is on the horizon, everyone knows this, everyone realizes the media is beating the drums of war. The non-idiots realize the media is nothing more than propaganda, at this point, in support of Iran fear-mongering, so it's not but one more step to realize that this whole "incident", is a setup.

Yes... hikers in iran... right-o...
See the thread about the Japanese Tanker blast in the Gulf of Hormuz
The image of that blast....

This is how close we are to another war -
The hypnotized watchers of the rubbish that passes as news in the good-old usa have to be caused to feel good about themselves as their fingers dig those last crumbs out of the bag of chips.

This is the Circus Maximus of Ancient Rome in a hi-tech jet-setting.
"Two hikers in iran"
what a load of rubbish.
Anyone that believes that STILL believes that Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction" and believes that the iraq war was about anything else besides OIL and the creation of 750,000 widows.

footnote for those who have no clue:
The Circus Maximus was a spectacle of bloodshed, in anxient rome... google the movie "Gladiator", where combatants were forced to fight each other to survive, while the crowd cheered or jeered... Today we watch a sanitized version of it on CNN and a nastier version on YouTube from the comfort of our living rooms...
"those who do not know history, are doomed to repeat it"

[edit on 30-7-2010 by seataka]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join