It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Iran is attacked, what will happen to the U.S. hikers held captive there?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If the U.S. attacks Iran, what will happen to the U.S. hikers held there?

Do you think special ops soldiers will rescue them before any attack?

With all the happenings in the middle east right now I cannot imagine how horrifying it must be to the parents of the U.S. hikers held captive. Hopefully none of the hikers are injured in any attack or retaliation by Iran.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
They'll become hostages, or POW's, whichever you want to call it.

They better hope we don't consult Jimmy Carter on our rescue plans

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Personally, if they are not already dead, they would be if there was an attack. It would be automatically assumed they are spies, not that they are not already, but the Iranian government would have a field day with the show of force as proof.

Otherwise, the same thing that happens every time will occur. The "hikers" will be held until equal assets can be traded, ie, we give you your guys back when we get ours, kind of thing.

If you don't think Iran has spies in the US, better go back over the news this past week, and wake the f up

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Fortunately Bush 1 and Reagan are now longer around to hold up their release.

But they will likely become POWs even though they were not captured in war.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I'm certain that they will liberate all Western prisoners first.

Umm...actually:

Israel could not care less about some damn hikers. How can you even ask that question? Are you new to this planet?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Didn't the mothers of the hikers just visit them a couple of weeks ago?

Hopefully they haven't been killed since then.

Are you aware of any Iranians in custody? (there's probably quite a few)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
They will most likely be displayed before TV cameras to tell there story of how well they are being treaded and how they are upset at the U.S government for attacking Iran .

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Not sure what you know about the Reagan hostage situation, but those hostages were traded for f'n missiles. Not any golden words spewed out as political public relations lies.

Reagan didn't ensure jack, the hostages were going to be released even before Reagan was president, but the "advisors" made the decision to with hold the trade until after he was in office, hence to boost his public images, and have a first "victory" as president.

Reagan was a ok president, but he was a better actor...

Do a search on the Reagan administration's arms-for-hostages scandal

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I was referring to the October Surprise.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
im surprised that they haven't offered to trade them for a easing of sanctions or something along those lines i figured they would be milking this for any possible benefit and if we said no wed look like crap for refusing the exchange

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I think they will be beheaded in public and it will be broadcast live on TV.

Afterwards their corpses will be paraded down the street. Possibly for several days. So that the citizens might throw rocks at or spit at them.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Do people actually think those guys were hikers? ROFL.

You also refer to mothers? Like they are kids? They are between 28 and 31 yrs old - they are not damned kids - the whole article I read about them was a propaganda piece - they are spies, and expect them to be treated as spies.

Who goes wandering the mountains of Iran for a hoot when war is looming - total retards, or spies.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Who goes wandering the mountains of Iran for a hoot when war is looming - total retards, or spies.

Either way they're prime candidates for the Darwin award.

And this whole hikers thing is nothing but plausible deniability from the US intelligence. We don't know you, you aren't one of ours. You messed up. Die.

It's that easy. And these people would have known those risks before they took the job so I'd say they're ok with that idea.

This hiking thing is nothing but a rather flimsy cover story. And as I said in my previous post. If there is an outbreak of war I fully expect to see these "hikers" executed in public to raise morale.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Why'd they go there anyway? Not a very smart move on their part. I would hope special ops wasn't sent in to risk their lives for them. But who knows.

ranian security personnel may at times place foreign visitors under surveillance. Hotel rooms, telephones, and fax machines may be monitored, and personal possessions in hotel rooms may be searched. Photography near military and other government installations is strictly prohibited and could result in serious criminal charges, including espionage, which carries the death penalty.
There is nobody better at protecting you than yourself. Take some time before travel to improve your personal security—things are not the same everywhere as they are in the United States.

travel.state.gov...

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I could care less what happens to them. If you are smart enough and have enough resources to get yourself over to Iran for a bit of hiking, you have the knowledge about how unstable the country is and the state of our relations with Iran. What ever happens to them happens because they wanted to be cool and tell their friends they just got back from hiking in Iran and how brave and cool they are.

Of the things the government should be worried about, this is about 5,000th on the list

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Do people actually think those guys were hikers? ROFL.

You also refer to mothers? Like they are kids? They are between 28 and 31 yrs old - they are not damned kids - the whole article I read about them was a propaganda piece - they are spies, and expect them to be treated as spies.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Amagnon]

If they were normal people I would question whether they were spies or not, but they did go to Berkeley. I assume they were idealistic students who wanted to experience arabic and kurdish culture in Iraq as well as show solidarity with those poor people we've been bombing for almost the last 20 years. (Note: not my views, just what I feel the berkeley students were thinking.) It may have been naive to go to a warzone, as the kurds are fighting turkey currently, but people take risks sometimes in order to experience the world. They were at least smart enough to be wandering around the kurdish part of iraq to begin with, which could be one of the best places for them to do that in the middle east outside Israel. But to sum up, they weren't spies, just idealistic students from berkeley, who made some bad decisions, got lost, and now are #ed.

Hoepfully though if an attack on iran does takes place, we are coordinating with the resistance there to take out the imams, basijj, and revolutionary guards together in a coordinated manner. That way the reactors can be disassembled or whatever once the good Persian people have taken back their country without nuclear fallout spreading across the region. As well as hopefully freeing the three naive students from berkeley.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by exlibertateveritas]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

They didn't mean to be hiking in Iran, they were trying to hike to a waterfall in the Kurdistan portion of Iraq. However, I agree with everything else you said.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
And "hopefully" no one I know and love gets killed rescuing them for their stupidity...oh excuse me...naivety. Whether they meant to be there or not that entire area is under travel warning. Lucky for us they didn't wander into Afghanistan.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Apologies - this is going to sound a little crass, but I actually don't care.

Anyone stupid enough to go 'hiking' in Iran (if they really were hiking) has put themselves into that position.

It's like Ken Bigley (a liverpudlian contractor) who decided he would get on a plane and try and get a job in Iraq. Wandering around a market in Baghdad as if it were the UK, it was unsurprising he would end up in an orange jumpsuit.

What particularly annoys me about these individuals is that they never seem to give one iota of thought about those people who seek to free them (in country). They not only put themselves in danger, but also those who are sent in covertly to seek their release.

Leave them to it - it's not as if there are not enough travel warnings about Iran and they are who they say they are.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Why should anyone rescue them? Even if they are just hikers. It's not the governments or the courts responsibility to legislate against stupidity.

I also hope no one dies to save these alleged civilians.

They didn't heed the travel warnings. They went there anyway. They are 100% liable for their own mess and not a single cent of tax payers money should be given to help them.

It's like taking a leak on a fence that says "Warning High Voltage" and then expecting everyone else to pay for your medical bills.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join