It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What power saved your life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
When I was kid of about 9 or 10 I went to my grandmothers house with my father on a hot summers day. I had two sisters that would also frequent my grandmothers house, but they were not in attendance that day.

We always entered the house from the back porch. My dad went into the garage and I was contemplating going inside to pee and climb the 5 stairs to the back door.

The stairs were steep and painted a grass green color. I noticed what looked like a chinese jump rope on the second step up (thinking my sisters left it behind). I bent down to grab the rope, but my bladder said it needed to go. So I decided to go pee and then go back and grab the rope.

Went and did my business and returned to the back porch stairs. There upon I noticed the chinese jump rope moving.

It turned out to be a copperhead snake. My dad killed it.

Did my bladder save me or a higher power? I was inches from picking it up the first time.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by brilab45]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
When I was in Cancun about two years ago I went swimming out in the ocean and I went out too far and almost drowned and just thought that i wouldn't make it back to shore alive and I was fine with it but then I washed up on shore?
Another time I was being stupid and driving down a gravel road at probably 75 mph and there were these small pot holes all in a srtaight line and when i drove into them it literally ripped the steering wheel out of my hands and I almost flipped my 98 tahoe. I would have definetly died if it rolled cuz going that fast and that much weight it isnn't just gona roll once.

Also this last yearwhile I was deer hunting I was just about to crest this hill when I heard this whistling and gunshot and realize that the slugs were going right over my head. Kinda scary.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

It looks like you met your death defying quota Hopefully the rest of your life will be near death free. They say things come in three's. Sounds like your safe.

Do you attribute your experiences of being saved to anythihg paranormal?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

I have escaped death more than once in my life and i'm sure there will be others that I escape. I feel that we are here for a reason, and that reason keeps us from death until it is time for us to die. I do not fear death, but I would not enjoy a long painful death thats for sure.

I also feel though that death is the beginning, not the end. If you live once, you will live again, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Ive not met my brush with death just yet, im lucky so far.

I have however found myself on the opposite side quite a lot recently.

The last time I was walking in a city centre at rush hour when I went to cross the road. A woman tried to cross fastly but was smacked in the head by a bus going pretty fast, every person around me jumped backward but I jumped to cushion her fall on the kerb. Im glad I did because if I had'nt the back of her head would have cracked it. Its amazing because I had to shake someone to get their phone to call the ambulance as everyone just stood trancelike, while some walked past as if there was no problem. The woman lived (I presume as the ambulance crew told me she would) but had a nasty gash from the bus hitting her head.

Came across another situation not so long ago as well where what appeared to be a black bag on the side of the road began blowing to the middle of the road slightly. I swerved out of the way and got out my car, turned out to be an older man who had fallen flat on his face and knocked himself out. There was a group of people laughing at him, judging him as a drunk when he was disabled. Called him an ambulance and made sure he was ok as well as he had a nasty gash on his head from the fall.

I hope a stranger treats me kindly in my time of need when it comes but if they do not then so be it.

Thats an interesting story with the snake and I would say trust your own heart to tell you the answer to the tale.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think it was needing to pee and and the novelty of peeing off of your grandmothers porch is what saved your life.... Little boys have been fond of the ritual of peeing from porches for many generations.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I don't know, honestly. I've had two incidents in my life where I should have been gravely injured or at least worse for wear yet somehow managed to come out of it unscathed.

For instance, when I was younger I was pushed off a bridge that overlooked an old creek, maybe 20 feet to the water level at guesstimate. Either way, a friend and I were sitting on the ledge, talking boy talk and he slapped me on the back hard enough to push me forwards. I toppled head-first, and I remember screaming and doing the old "close eyes, throw hands out in front of yourself" technique...and when I opened my eyes again, I had somehow managed to pull out of a nose dive, spin around, and nail a death grip onto a girder under the ledge of the bridge.

I'm sure I just got lucky and some law of physics saved the day, but on the other hand I know for a fact that when he pushed me, I fell forwards and out and either involuntary reaction or something unexplainable helped save me from plummeting to a watery doom.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fryaga
I don't know, honestly. I've had two incidents in my life where I should have been gravely injured or at least worse for wear yet somehow managed to come out of it unscathed.

For instance, when I was younger I was pushed off a bridge that overlooked an old creek, maybe 20 feet to the water level at guesstimate. Either way, a friend and I were sitting on the ledge, talking boy talk and he slapped me on the back hard enough to push me forwards. I toppled head-first, and I remember screaming and doing the old "close eyes, throw hands out in front of yourself" technique...and when I opened my eyes again, I had somehow managed to pull out of a nose dive, spin around, and nail a death grip onto a girder under the ledge of the bridge.

I'm sure I just got lucky and some law of physics saved the day, but on the other hand I know for a fact that when he pushed me, I fell forwards and out and either involuntary reaction or something unexplainable helped save me from plummeting to a watery doom.

Thats pretty impressive.

Sort of like this here...

In terms of chance

You should change your username to "The Cat"

[edit on 30-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Sounds like your the Angelic being in those scenario's. Wow.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Unfortuantely, I still enjoy peeing off the porch. LMAO.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
reply to post by XXXN3O

Sounds like your the Angelic being in those scenario's. Wow.

Thats exactly the opposite of what I wanted it to sound like if you get me.

Its the truth so I dont know how else to put it or I would be lying.

Look at your story though with your father noticing the snake as well, might be nothing or maybe it was your father looking out for you?

Only you will really know deep down and nobody else will truly understand it.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Trudge

I agree with you on both points.

2nd line.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

My dad was oblivious working in the garage. I got trapped on the porch after realizing it was a copperhead. Yep, I screamed like a girl til he came out. Then he got the hoe and hoed it to death.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

My dad was oblivious working in the garage. I got trapped on the porch after realizing it was a copperhead. Yep, I screamed like a girl til he came out. Then he got the hoe and hoed it to death.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I was in the passenger seat of a car with my window fully open going at 80mph when the driver lost control, skidded, hit the side of the road, flipped, rolled 8 times down a hill and landed upside down in a bog and sank in mud and water. I walked away without a scratch on me , not a single cut or bruise, no whiplash, no broken bones, no friction burn from the seatbelt. Nothing.
Until proven otherwise I'm working on the assumption that I'm invincible.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Arkady]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

I would say you are damn lucky. Only 8 more to go!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I've escaped death several times - heck, I wasn't even supposed to be born! (Mom had started to miscarry, apparently, and was given a drug to stop it). It may be very egocentric, but I feel like God wants me here, and I've not finished whatever it is I'm supposed to do. I'm not saying that I alone will save the world, but maybe my children, or one of their children, will do something important. So I have to stick around to raise my kids.
Or, maybe I just have to be around to say something to a total stranger when I'm 90 that will change something.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lolliek

I like the way you think and you may very well be right. Sticking around to you say that right word or do a particular act that will change the world. Ya never know. Sounds like you've had a go at it.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Well i would say they are paranormal because I wouldn't be sitting here and typing this now if some force or something didn't intervene.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
As a teenager, about 20 years ago, I was a passenger in a car. I was not wearing a seatbelt. After a little time cruising around, we were seeing a lot of police cars, so I suggested putting on our sestbelts. Sure enough, a few minutes later the driver ran a stop sign and hit another car head-on. Our car was so smashed in from the front that I couldn't open the passenger-side door. My guess is I/we would have flown right through the windshield.

Needless to say...yeah, I ALWAYS buckle up now!

What saved me? Was it something paranormal giving me a "whisper" or gut feeling or spirit guide, etc.? I'll never know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join