It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Car a Step Closer to Reality/with video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
How cool is this? I really want one of these..

This is way cool, make sure you watch the video in the link.

buzz.yahoo.com...

Weird-looking cars are a dime a dozen. Far less common are weird-looking cars that can also fly AND have approval from the Federal Aviation Administration. Indeed, as far as we know, there's only one of those babies: The Terrafugia Transition. The private aircraft/funky-looking car has been in the news before. But the recent announcement that it's going into production sparked mega-searches on the Web. Almost immediately, online lookups for "terrafugia transition" and "terrafugia transition pictures" both, well, took off.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Is it a flying car, or an airplane with collapsible wings that you can drive awkwardly around?

Cool though, for sure. Some day these will be refined enough to be practical.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Let me have one
I remember that already for years these flying cars are ready for mass production, but then again, what about the infrastructure?

Someone on this?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I read about this yesterday. Cost starts at about $200,000 and you need a 1/3 mile strip to take off and land. So, even though it's a first step to a flying car, it's still only a plane with wings that collapse. Also, it can only fly 450 lbs.

And to think about all the crazy damn people driving on the roads these days, do you really want them flying over you at a couple hundred miles an hour, texting someone while reading a paper and drinking their coffee?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mudman21
I read about this yesterday. Cost starts at about $200,000 and you need a 1/3 mile strip to take off and land. So, even though it's a first step to a flying car, it's still only a plane with wings that collapse. Also, it can only fly 450 lbs.

And to think about all the crazy damn people driving on the roads these days, do you really want them flying over you at a couple hundred miles an hour, texting someone while reading a paper and drinking their coffee?

you have a good point there..

I wonder what a good cross wind would do to it if you were going down the freeway at 65 mph.hmmm

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's still the same boring unpractical concept as the first flying car from 1949...

en.wikipedia.org...

It's sad that the Jetsons from 1963 are still futuristic.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd6b8a178b74.jpg[/atsimg]

This guy tried better and failed too.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Ah, man!

This is old news...! Guess you guys don't remember the Ford Pinto? From the 1970s??

Here's yet another idea that didn't get off the ground...(oh, wait...actually, it DID fly...you can see it...but, not much market for it, alas. Would have made spectacular explosions in crashes!!)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c2787399505.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

good one WW...

I do remember one that was pretty popular back then,

I think it crashed and killed the maker of it..

wish i could remember what it was called..

Kinda looked like the one you posted..

new topics

top topics

join