It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evacuation begun my source? cnn

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
hi just saw this and thought id post it edition.cnn.com...
looks like they are getting ready 4 somthing big

quote:
"I expect about 10 percent of residents to evacuate voluntarily, which already started yesterday," Ahumada said Tuesday. "I see a steady flow of people going out, but no bottlenecks -- which is good.

"We're not taking it lightly," he said. "We're ready for a worst-case scenario."

I think this is lookin worse every second.
I think everybody should get ready.
i dont know wat i should say but this video looks 2 tell us something..
looks like a tocxic rain is coming
pause it at 2:05www.youtube.com...
and look at the guy holding the sound look in his eyes
u think this is a normal picture ?????this was the most scarie thing i saw in a while .
looks its hints about the oil spill
look at the people who look like bp oil cleaners
and a lot of people will get iNSANELY THIRSTY people will end up on a boat hello!!,with a stupid hat??2 protect u from toxic rain maybe??
,,also he works at a NEWS STATION let me know wat u think please
thanks 4 listening

[edit on 30-6-2010 by icecold7]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
the link has been blocked already!!...................sounds about right.
...i saw two bradley's heading east ouit of dallas on a low boy. this year i see truck loads going south of all types of troop transports

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
my other thread was also closed within ten minutes thought i try again
but its on cnn
if they didnt bl;ock that 4 americans
its getting sick
the movie is bruce almighty
look 4 eroding

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
For cripes sake there is not going to be any evacuation.

It's one thing for people to come on here and talk about aliens and how Planet X is going to shake and bake this planet in 2012.

It's another thing entirely to start scaring people with evacuations alerts when we are actually in crisis.

Knock it the hell off. Starting a BS panic is just as bad as the oil itself.

I live in Florida and there is not even a whimper of any type of evacuation.

Is the air quality bad, you bet. Could it get worse, of course it can but the State and Federal Authorities will notify everyone if and when that happens.

Until then, knock it the hell off. Some people may actually believe your garbage and do themselves real harm.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by AllexxisF1]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
What a ridiculous thread & title.

Anytime a hurricane hits shore there are evacuations.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

I sure am glad to hear you say that...My son just went to Tampa to stay the summer with his girlfriend..you make my heart a little lighter

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7

Something big? Not really. Looks like regular hurricane preparation.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Even if this were true any massive evacuation for such an event would likely kill more people than the event itself.

I have been in the southern gulf coast states and witnessed an evacuation where all routes leading out of an area were completely jammed, people running out of fuel, water and food, medicine and in extremely hot humid conditions... You would have highways of death.

People are better off staying home and inside, if you are worried about toxic rain simply stay out of it.

Your chances are better where you are, rather than joining thousands or perhaps millions in some massive panic exodus from the region.

People need to remain calm, there have been very similar oil disasters in the gulf before this... The difference now is that the media is exaggerating this to help push through radical environmentalist legislation and will do all that they can to use this spill to demonize oil, the oil industry and ultimately kill it while collecting trillions in new energy taxes.

If you want to be afraid, you should fear the agenda, not the rain or oil and chemicals.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Durring hurricane season, citizens in the Gulf are barraged with information on how to deal with a hurricane. It is endless, nonstop hurricane hysteria meant to keep people sensitive to the danger. Get water, non-perishables, have cash, a first aid kit, an evacuation plan, etc.

I am now tending to think that hurricanes will provide the needed agitation to break the slicks up. Maybe the hurricanes will clean this crap up for us. Let's hope.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
nope, trouble is brewing, not the same details as spouted...but the world changing is spoken of. it is written down for all to read. the world is wearing out like a garmet and it's supposed to happen. why? you have to read it to get this stuff...if you pick up stones at this idea, you haven't read the scripture! if you won't read, just talk to God, and he will talk back. this is certain, that is the truth you search. this reality is just a stage with the set that changes now and then.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

Please don't create more topics.

/rant

Just freaking post your useless garbage in the fifty other evacuation topics, SRS.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
reply to post by AllexxisF1

I sure am glad to hear you say that...My son just went to Tampa to stay the summer with his girlfriend..you make my heart a little lighter

I live in just west of Tampa, nothing bad here yet. Oil hasnt even reached our shores and the storm isnt expected to even have an effect on us what so ever. A good source for you is baynews9.com. Its our local station that will keep you up to date in the event of something happening. It actually has THE best radar in the state now since it just put its new one in. Plus, im willing to bet that if anything goes down you would here something pretty quick from the camp itself.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
geeezus h. christ, i hope the OP did not go to schools in texas - i can't make heads or tails of what has been posted - even some of the responses make no sense and seem to be written by the same person!!!!!

we had 60mph winds about a month ago here - no evac. why is everyone freaking out? all the weather people are making a big deal, maybe because it is the first storm of the year and the oil spill.......

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The first named storm of the Atlantic season has hit BP's oil spill clean-up efforts in the Gulf of Mexico.

Hurricane Alex, upgraded from tropical storm status late last night and expected to hit the coasts of Mexico and Texas later today, is expected to interrupt the company's efforts for several days to come.

Waves as high as 3.6 metres (12ft) are expected to delay the company's plans to employ a further system to capture more oil from the blown-out oil well until later in the week, while controlled burns of crude on the oil's surface, flights spraying dispersant chemicals and booming operations were all halted yesterday, officials said.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Not really - just standard hurricane preparations.

this was the most scarie thing i saw in a while .
looks its hints about the oil spill
look at the people who look like bp oil cleaners
and a lot of people will get iNSANELY THIRSTY
notice the umbrella and how he says he going 2 be stuck on a boat,maybe that means a tsunami let me know wat u think please
thanks 4 listening

I think you're getting carried away

I'm on the fence about the whole evacuation thing. On the one hand it seems far-fetched, but on the other hand we've got one of the worst environmental disasters of all time located in an area of the world that gets some of the most extreme storms known to man. So who the hell knows

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
did any of u people chech the link or the vid

the guys says evacuation has begun ok
he expect 10 percent 2 leave voluntarily
but they are ready 4 the worst case scenario\
so please
stop talking bs ok

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

did any of u people chech the link or the vid

the guys says evacuation has begun ok
he expect 10 percent 2 leave voluntarily
but they are ready 4 the worst case scenario\
so please
stop talking bs ok

Of course people are leaving - there's a storm/small hurricane heading their way
However, 10% of people in one location isn't the same as 20 million people fleeing the Gulf Coast, which is what you seem to think is happening here. Don't get me wrong, that COULD happen, but this isn't it. So calm yourself

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If you're going to evacuate from a hurricane it is best done early and by airplane or even earlier by car. Because the paths of these storms is so unpredictable, if you leave too late, you may just end up being chased by the storm, extending your misery for no reason.

Unless you are in an area that is vulnerable, like Stiltsville or in an area that is prone to storm surge, then your best bet is stay home, wait out the storm, and clean up when it passes. Just like we do every year.

Stiltsville Florida

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
If you're going to evacuate from a hurricane it is best done early and by airplane or even earlier by car. Because the paths of these storms is so unpredictable, if you leave too late, you may just end up being chased by the storm, extending your misery for no reason.

Unless you are in an area that is vulnerable, like Stiltsville or in an area that is prone to storm surge, then your best bet is stay home, wait out the storm, and clean up when it passes. Just like we do every year.

Stiltsville Floridaleaving 4 a hrricane full of OIL
thats the difference

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
They could use the storm as an excuse to start this "early" evac on a cat 1. lmao. I still rem driving to work through a cat 2-3 a couple years ago and EVERYONE was required to show for work. I think there using the storm as a cover for the truth.

After all if they admited it being due to methane then we would be flipping out.

Deny ignorance!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join