It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting the 1990 Greifsweld (Germany) “Plasma” UFO’s

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Well these lights certainly look like flares, especially when they “burn out” towards the end of the video.
Peenemund airbase (54° 9'29.43"N 13°46'6.56"E) is also in the vicinity of Greifsweld (16 miles away). Before the war it was used to test experimental aircraft.
Could it possibly be a re-enactment of Operation Hydra that took place August 17 1944 during which a squadron of British Mosquitoes dropped marker flares over the base prior to bombing raids?

Torsion.....

Could it possibly be a re-enactment of Operation Hydra that took place August 17 1944 during which a squadron of British Mosquitoes dropped marker flares over the base prior to bombing raids?

Well.....

The duration of the lights & the rapid movement of the lights would appear to be at variance with that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by torsion
Having trouble editing the above post.
Here is a video of Peenemund base. The very last frame is quite interesting!

Torsion.....

I think that's the moon.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

No, I don't think it is the moon. It looks like it at first glance but crank the video up to 720p and view full frame.

It appears to be a small solitary cloud or a smoke pall. If it's the latter it could indicate aerial pyrotechnic activity from the base.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Torsion.....

No, I don't think it is the moon. It looks like it at first glance but crank the video up to 720p and view full frame.
It appears to be a small solitary cloud or a smoke pall. If it's the latter it could indicate aerial pyrotechnic activity from the base.

It's hard to tell.....

It could be that.

On the other hand, perhaps it's the moon being distorted by the atmosphere......

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I believe the name is "Griefswald" not "Griefsweld."

Thank you for bringing this outstanding thread to ATS. I will get the CENAP report translated. If it contains anything of significance/interest not covered in the MUFON report, I will post it to this thread.

-SJ76

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I am bumping this thread

I havent seen this and it was linked in another thread I am reading. I will keep a tab open on it and read it in the morning, it's late here. Nice thread and information! S&F

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I am bumping this thread

I havent seen this and it was linked in another thread I am reading. I will keep a tab open on it and read it in the morning, it's late here. Nice thread and information! S&F

Mblahnikluver.....

Thanks for dropping in!

I'll be interested in your thoughts regarding this case.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Outstanding thread Maybe...maybe not! I was completely unaware this event ever happened and goes to show how many great threads get lost in the other garbage in the ATS Aliens and UFO's forum, especially as of late. Excellent presentation.

It is at first plausible to think these "objects" might be flares, but after viewing the images and stills, then comparing them to known flare drop images, they don't drop and dissipate the way flares that are launched from a moving aircraft do. They seem to hover at random placement and not in a straight line the way flares are dropped. It's a great case and deserves a lot more debate and investigation.

I find it disgusting that this excellent thread has only 12 flags while the latest NYC balloon sightings thread and others like it have close to a hundred.

Great topic.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Jocko Flocko!

You're back!

I do find this case interesting.....there are some strange aspects to it.

Also.....

Thank you for your positive words.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The Pathfinder squadrons dropped specific coloured flares to mark targets. They were bright green, white and a various shades of red. If it was a re-enactment it wouldn't have been difficult to replicate exactly what happened. Dropping random flares in no particular order, unlike the Pathfinders, wouldn't be any sort of re-enactment. There was a specific reason for this. By using dramatic colours it stopped the German home defenses from faking these markers and drawing the following waves away form a given target.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hello everybody,

First of all, I have to say that my english is not as good as my french (I am French living in Québec).

I'd like in this post to reopen the discussion about the Greifswald Lights case.

It seems to me that it is not a unique case.

Here is a list of observations with the same oddities (ie: the fast moving sphere) :

St-Petersburg, Russia – Date : 02/19/1997: youtu.be...

St-Petersburg, Russia – Date : 03/16/2010: youtu.be...

St-Petersburg, Russia – Date : 03/22/2011: youtu.be...

Astrakhan, Russia – Date : 09/01/2011: youtu.be...

Spa, Crimea, Ukraine, 10/22/2010: youtu.be...

Sudak, Crimea, Ukraine, 09/12/2006: youtu.be...

Crimea, Ukraine, 09/11/2007 : youtu.be...

Crimea, Ukraine, 11/012011 : youtu.be...

Sebastopol, Crimea, Ukraine, 09/19/2011 : youtu.be...

Sudak, Crimea, Ukraine, 09/12/2006 : youtu.be...

Sudak, Crimea, Ukraine, 09/19/2011 : youtu.be...

Utrish, Russia, 09/19/2011: youtu.be...

Crimea, Ukraine, Summer 2007: youtu.be...

A few notes about the main oddity of the Greifswald case (the fast moving sphere):

- These cases seem to occur over the sea or over large lakes

- The number of lights composing the main group is almost always 6 or 7.

- Most of the time, these cases occur around the Baltic Sea (Germany, Russia, and there is at least one case observed in Helsinki) and the Black Sea (Crimea). This may indicate Russian military maneuvers.

- However, there are similar cases in Switzerland, Cyprus and even in the United States ( Virginia, United States, January 8, 2002: youtu.be... ).

- If these are flares, how one can explain the behavior of the sphere appearing from nowhere and heading toward the main group ?

- The behavior of the isolated sphere (its appearance and its disappearance ) does not match the usual behavior of a missile.

- Usually, there is only one sphere (sometimes 2) heading towards the main group (and that usually disappears before reaching it).

- There are no typicall explosions that can usually be seen during military exercises or maneuvers.

- In some cases, the small sphere reaches the main group. And this produces a brief flash, but does by no means correspond to an exploding missile.

What do you think ?

Regards

Irving Quester

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join