It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American ATS'ers, What are you thinking of when you recite the Pledge of Allegiance?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I was setting up the flag for the 4th just a few minutes ago with my youngest.

No matter what happens, no matter what we may face, I am still and always will be proud to have the opportunity to do just that, the freedom to salute my country, my people, my land, and my family who fought and died to keep the flag blowing in the wind with all it represents to those who love her.

Patriotic music on the fourth as I stand with my family and watch as the Blue Angels and Stealth Bombers do a personal Fly-By across my property?

(They use this area as a marker flying to the people in town at the celebrations, lol)

Oh Hell Yes! I will Salute the Flag, I will say the Pleadge of Alliegence to the Flag on the 4th.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy
I was in the military and never recited it though to become a member you were supposed to have.

Huh? I never once heard that in all my time in the military.

I just read about this. I guess that the Board of Education in MA has gone full retard.

If I was that kid, I'd stand up, every morning, and recite the pledge. And, if anyone tried to stop me, they would be nursing a sucking chest wound from my #2 pencil.

But that's just me.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Well, shamus78, those Mexicans have every right to be in Arizona then. That was their territory. Might want to remind Border Patrol of that next time you're passing through. And the injuns might want some of their lands back, if y'all don't mind too much. Hey, I know. You all could return to your original breeding grounds. There's some room over here across the water for you peeps still.

My god, I'm got to stop engaging in metaphorical talk... Just for the record, I'm not advocating that. And what on earth does this have to do with the original thread's topic? If you want to talk immigration or native title rights, then go to a thread where it's appropriate. I'm just going stop now. I think we've both got our metaphors mixed up.

Cheers
Shane

[edit on 3/7/10 by shamus78]

<< 1  2   >>

join