It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birthers running out of steam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The number of threads regarding Obama not being a Natural Born US Citizen are definitely dwindling but for some reason, the same tired old lies are still running strong. I only see one tactic being employed by the birthers and that is the drive by "fact" drop. Each and every thread has some post about how Obama spent millions to hide something or other. Whenever asked for a source - poof, they are gone. People talk about this Kenyan birth certificate that has been proven a fraud many times over as if it is brand new. They then ignore all the things wrong with it just to try and claim the Hawaiian one is fake because the border on one printout does not match the border on another printout. Most recently, there are 3 posts in one thread that claim that anyone not buying into the birther fantasy only use talking points. Say that 3 times and tell me it is anything less. Then there is the feigned disgust at the word "birther." What is that all about? I have asked. Others have asked. What is offensive about the word and what would you rather be called?

So, for the few stragglers still out there pushing these myths, can you do any better. Can one of you post an argument about the birther conspiracy and INCLUDE facts, evidence, sources, details? There are so many of these threads with accusations and claims but no facts or evidence. Please, BIRTHERS, come and put it to rest once and for all.

BRING ALL YOUR EVIDENCE that points to Obama not being born in Hawaii. I would like to see it, anything you have. It is getting really old. Keep in mind, if all you post is some random claim with nothing to back it up, or simply bash Obama, you are reflecting on the anti-Obama movement. Instead of helping people understand, you take someone with legitimate criticism feel that they must defend him. I do not see how that is productive.

So, if you want to start by explaining what is insulting about the name "birthers," I would really like to understand that as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The most damning evidence is also the most ignored.

Barack Obama currently has a Connecticut Social Security Number.

We all know that if the media doesn't report it, it never happened. Right?

If the media ignores something, eventually it goes away. Right?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I never chose to side with the birthers, because honestly, I felt there was too much speculation.

However, there are some fairly interesting arguments and facts that simply won't go away.

#1. Obama has only presented a Certification of Live Birth. Contrary to what the media says, this is NOT the same thing as a Certificate of Live Birth (Birth Certificate). A Certification of Live Birth in Hawaii can be obtained by any family member walking into the Dept of Records, and showing THEY are a resident of Hawaii. They are then issued a document reflecting the information they give to the attendant, with no verification of the information. To me, its somewhat suspicious that he even obtained a Certification of Live Birth to begin with...People with a valid Birth Certificate would have no reason for having the other.

#2. As the poster above already said, Obama's SSN was also registered in Connecticut. Now I will say, that a persona SSN doesn't necessarily mean the place he or she was born, but rather identifies the office that registered the number. In rare instances, I am told, a person from one state can be granted a SSN registered in a different state, and therefore with a different number than their state would normally issue. Weird, yes...but not impossible, so I can't say this really proves anything.

I suppose what bothers me is that Obama could clear this whole thing up by simply presenting his actual Birth Certificate, not his Certification of Live Birth. If he has nothing to hide, he has provided unnecessary fuel to the firs by prolonging this conspiracy, when all he had to do was end it once and for all.

I'm really not sure what to believe at this point, so I'm just keeping an open mind about the situation.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The kids just found a new toy to play with (Immigration)

Seriously, is like the right-wing are little kids with ADD , or a 13-year old teenager following the latest fad.

I remember months ago everyone was bitching about the Health Care (they seem to have forgotten about that) , how about the whole taxes thing , czars , etc ,etc..

Anyways , maybe is because they all are Fox News sheep , and they only complain about the stuff they see on the sheep channel.

"It;s true, Fox Said so"
- Usual Teabagger quote

[edit on 29-6-2010 by WXBackdoor]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WXBackdoor

That's not fair either...

Most of the so-called "tea-baggers" I know do NOT watch Fox news, or any other MSM for that matter.

I may not agree with every position, but I find the majority of them to be well-educated on the real issues, and knowledgeable far beyond the scope of any info-tainment programming.

By the way, these aren't the same "tea party" members that FOX would have you believe...the real tea-party wants NOTHING to do with Sarah Palin or Glen Beck, and believes they are both pawns of the Neo-Con agenda used to infiltrate the real grass roots movement.

The real Tea-party supports statesmen such as Ron Paul, Adam Kokesh, Debra Medina, and even Dennis Kucinich...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well,

First, there was supposed to be a trial.

Then this Orly Taitz person came along.

Then, the birthers hinted that Kenyans had claimed Obama as their own.

I think most birthers are just full of # and angry that they have to take orders from a man that's half-black, half-white. Ask them who they hate more than black people and I bet they will mention "mulattos" or mixed-race people.

Don't lie, birthers.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This topic has been done to death..

Please contribute to the many threads on this subject..

Birthers

Closing

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join