It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 28, 2010 -- Gulf state emergency preparedness agencies confirm mass evacuation plans

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

We always had state of emergencies put into place down in Florida during/after hurricanes. This is not an out of place occurrence. Why is this state of emergency any different?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MotherofBlessings

Because some may not know? Why else would i have posted it? Why does the media make people aware if they already know the routine?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I am waiting for more details... basically an email was sent to him with these reports and asking him if this was true. He responded by saying "Yes it's true. We need to talk."

Still waiting to talk to him. That's all I know for now.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Okay Avatar, It will be interesting to hear your report.......I noticed that you live in Houston......I have been working on a project to get rain samples tested........I have connected with a group to do the testing and hopefully today I will have the "what to do's" worked out.......so .........take some samples of the rain in your area if you can......

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

so, you posted info for an evacuation due to hurricanes in a subforum about an oil spill, which in my mind, implies the evacuation is related to the oil spill, which it isnt, as has been pointed out on here OVER AND OVER.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

(TAMPA, Fla.) – There’s no question that the Gulf oil spill is the biggest environmental disaster in the history of this country and maybe the world. FEMA has plans to evacuate the Tampa Bay area in the event of a controlled burn of surface oil in the Gulf of Mexico, or if wind or other conditions are expected to take toxic fumes through Tampa Bay, according to a report by Maryann Tobin in the Hernando County Political Buzz Examiner.

Source

There are plans in place to evacuate due to the oil spill if need be. One would assume that if there are plans in place for Tampa they're also in place for other cities around the Gulf Coast.

It also seems like a hidden snippet confirming what we here at ATS have already known, the fumes from the oil are toxic.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by lucentenigma]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Out of all the articles I've read about FEMA, they are basically considered the 'back up government' that is a major entity in Mount Weather. After Hugo hit, FEMA had 30 or 40 trailers sent in, and they sat in a field EMPTY for 2 years, because they didn't know what to do with them. Protocols were being made up on the fly. Price gouging and looting were prolific. Generators were 3,000, chainsaws 1000, ice 20 a bag, plywood was nearly 100 a sheet (Georgia Pacific raised their prices). Many of them gougers got their @$$ beat and sent home empty handed. Martial law was called as there were curfews in several counties (Police and National Guard were swarming the area). Isle of Palms was off limits to residents for weeks and was patrolled by the Coast Guard to make sure it was empty. I'm sure there were ops going on there. Residents were arrested and detained if they tried to go there and see if their house was even there. FEMA at it's finest. Disaster capitalism in its infancy. Regardless of what folks read about Hugo, it was a Cat 5. My dad worked the insurance industry then, and saw some of the reports of wind gusts over 180 mph.
I gave the military 4 years of my life. I realized even then that the global mission was NOT as they portray it. I've been screwed out of workers comp, unemployment, disability and other things. So no, I think our govt is the enemy.
The citizens, however, are our own bastion of hope and will ultimately define the direction of our destiny as a proud nation. I've seen disasters first hand, and don't really want to experience them again, but if it happens, I already got a plan!

Best of luck to ya bro!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by OuttaTime]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thank you ofhumandescent. We would probably be in a much better place if most of the population would get their heads out of their a$$es.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This whole thing is just such a mess. The gulf is some of the most fun fishing in the country, or it was.

The shame of it.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

no it WILL kill u
just takes a few years

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

thousand were evacuated
but so where an updat smells like one HUGE cover up to me
seems ats has has less info on the gulf all of a sudden then well any other news agency even msm
im almost sure the first people have been brought to their fema campsthere up to somthin thats for sure

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Do you think the Oil will be up to Daytona,Florida by September? My Wife wants us to go on Vacation to Daytona Beach for five days starting on September 11th.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
Do you think the Oil will be up to Daytona,Florida by September? My Wife wants us to go on Vacation to Daytona Beach for five days starting on September 11th.

dont go man, we booked a boat trip in florda and cancled it. i was looking forward to it forever. DAM BP! DAM YOU!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The existence of mass evacuation plans in disaster events is not an indication that they are going to be used imminently.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join