It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 28, 2010 -- Gulf state emergency preparedness agencies confirm mass evacuation plans

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Lock boys and girls I live in New Orleans and I am in the National Guard (been through several storms). All this talk of evacuations, as with past years hurricanes, is a contingency plan. If a hurricane pushes the oil onto shore there will be a slightly longer wait until you can return.

After Katrina there was way more chemicals spread across the region from households chemicals and different industries. I entered my building in St Benard Parish two weeks after the storm and after two minutes breathing the air inside the blding I had a sore throat and felt sick. Everytime after that we wore protective gear. It was Toxic, but we are back living on the gulf. This will be no different. May be a higher cancer rate in the coming years.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

Actually one of the members here on ATS created that map showing what a 50, 100, and 200 mile evacuation would look like.......

I think this map was originally posted on the Media Blackout thread......

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

Well seeing as how i live in the Shreveport area my offer still stands. I remember what happened during Katrina and Rita. People everywhere with nowhere to go, no hope. I got an extra bedroom that isnt in use and i would be more than willing to help out.

MessOnThe FED!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I am from there as well and during Katrina we had two families stay with us for several weeks......

Now I am in SW MO and I dont think that is even far enough to escape what may occurr from the gulf.......

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Here in my city we had a large influx of people from Louisiana after Katrina, I can only imagine how many people we'll get if something worst case scenario actually does happen with Alex...oi.

The city ended up turning our piddly little civic center into a mass bedding area for all the displaced individuals on the buses, local shops were offering discounts/free goods to families, etc. I just hope that cities like my own are just as accepting to them as before, again in a worst case scenario situation.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by getreadyalready
No offense, but "just move inland?"

Very, very, very x1000 simplistic don't you think?

Where are the 20 million jobs that we could have?

Labor Camps.

Lots 'n lots of labor camps. Or haven't you heard?(army.mil website)

In order to do that, they would have to make all of those evacuated, Federal inmates. It won't happen.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible thought

u might still be living but if u spell look as lock ... whel u must have suffered brain damage

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiteraryOneTwo
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

"The problem is who is going to tell the citizens of California that we the state are going to have to take in the state of Louisiana or of Alabama.(sic)"

The same people that are telling them about the influx of illegals.

I do not believe that California is the right state to transplant anyone into but Nevada, Wyoming, and North and South Dakota are sparse enough to have room for most of the great Southeast...but who wants to go there?

What are the alternatives to the above named places? Rhode Island, NY, W. Va, etc? The more room the better. There is enough room in Nevada alone to make at least 100 Levittowns.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

Your right. Excellent post!

Heaven forbid, they would rather tear them down than give them to someone.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

Excellent and most logical post!

Now 9. The full extent of the damage from these toxins may not be evident tomorrow, but in 5 - 10 years time, many people will be ill as a result of the leak today (logical reasoning on my part).

(Think DNA damage)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

Short and sweet baby, "the cattle is being controlled and herded".

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I gave you a star for being a real humanitiarian.

What a noble jester.

Good for you!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible thought

Good to read a reasonable post from someone that is there and knows what is going on! Thank you!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
There's more and more coming out about this impending relocation effort. I simply can't imagine how they are going to make this work. Hwoever, despite so many people's eagerness to flame the WebBot project it speaks directly to the 'diaspora' warnings that Cliff has been giving for well over a year now.

To me, there is simply too much evidence that has been surfacing about an empending evac of the coastline. There is no presendence for an evac of this magnitude. There is now more evidence supporting an evac, than there is nay-sayers calling people crazy for thinking it could happen.

Common sense people. How long do you think the methane can duild up without popping off?? How come we don't get air quality monitioring from the oil leak sight?? how come there are over 4000 United nations vehicles parked at an airport runway, south of Jacksonville FL.??? They're there, I checked it out. pretty scary. Those vehicles aren't there for funzies.
If you ask me, there are way too many "things" happening for an evac to not be in the plans. Remember, the ones telling you they have everything under control, are the same ones telling you the stimulus is working, and we have turned the corner on a recession. chew on that for a while before you go bedie bye tonight.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime
It sounds like the feces will hit the rotary oscillator pretty soon, but judging by the incompetence of FEMA, they will have a half-ass plan by, say, AUTUMN! They were completely useless when Hugo hit (they were still new and unequivocably stupid and slow), and equally as slow with Katrina. They are a facade of shadow government personnel, and not an 'emergency management agency'. I wouldn't count on them to do anything efficient. If there is any mention that they are fully considering it, then it's time to roll.
I know it will be difficult and many hardships will follow many millions of people. I'm pretty sure my house will be full. If we are to survive as a nation, then we must extend our goodwill to our brothers and sisters. We would hope they would do the same if the north had to be evacuated (Yellowstone anyone?).
This is our country, and it is OUR TIME!

Yea man I hate to have to say this but...I agree with ya brother. If FEMA comes a knockin....they not going to be there to "save" you, rather to ENSLAVE you after they confiscate your guns (like what happened in Katrina). I am a FIRM believer that FEMA is NOTHING MORE THAN A FRONT...what kind of front exactly? I dunno take your pick as it seems that there are no less evil forces that be to pick from that seems to want to see America and our way of life utterly destroyed so that they could usher in a system that has failed time and time again throughout history...okay sorry I going off on a tangent there :-/

All I got to say is...should that time come...I spent over 20 years protecting what I thought was my country. I will DAMN WELL PROTECT HER XXXX XXX XXX XXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXX XX XX XXXXXX XXXX that is the Gods honest truth :-/

THIS IS OUR COUNTRY, AND IT IS OUR TIME!! (QFT my brother)

(God I hope I am wrong and things take a sharp turn for the better)

Edited so that I do not end up on the "Red/Blue List" as that wouldn't be a very smart move. I encourage EVERYONE on here to just exercise caution when conveying your love and devotion to America...these some dangerous times we be living in today :-/

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Newbomb Turk]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
For what it is worth, I have no received first hand confirmation from someone well placed in CNG who would be managing emergency response in CA. He has confirmed that these reports in the OP and the one I posted on the second page of this thread are in fact true.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Thanks for giving us a heads up.......please give us more details if you can.......

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I would just advise everyone in the area to go on a summer family vacation somewhere before someone takes you somewhere you don't wanna go...... that is why I bought my camper... in case anything like this ever happened..... prayers for you all.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I just thought of something (not claiming any originality here). Here it is, for what it's worth.

What if "they" know something's gonna give down below. And they used the dispersant deliberately to make people sick, so they'll start evacuating on their own? That would be a rather efficient way of dealing with the logistics of a massive relocation.

Have the evac already underway before you declare it.

However, on the flip side, the thought means "they" are trying to save lives.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
President Declares State Of Emergency In Texas

blacklistednews.com...
WASHINGTON (AP) ― President Barack Obama has declared a federal emergency exists in Texas as Tropical Storm Alex builds toward hurricane strength and approaches south Texas and northern Mexico.

So it begins

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join