It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google me, the next step in google takeover

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
you dont need a google me to find everything about a person virtual life

you just to have an ability and understanding on how to ...

thats why the best thing would be for you to have a different username and email for every website you have an account on ...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thamelas
reply to post by Hitotsumami

That's exactly what I am implying. Google effectively owns internet search, and as such they dictate what is on a website, how it is displayed, and who does business on the internet.

Yeah, that's the same problem I have with my neighbors!

They are allowed to dictate what is on their property, how it is displayed, and who can come on their property!

I MEAN WTF WHY CAN'T I PUT SIGNS ON THEIR LAWN????

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

That's exactly what I am implying. Google effectively owns internet search, and as such they dictate what is on a website, how it is displayed, and who does business on the internet.

That is only true if Google were the one and only search engine on the Internet.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitotsumami
reply to post by Thamelas

Interesting! If you don't mind me asking, why do you think so? I understand if you wish not to answer!

In my opinion, google has helped me in many searches, and whatever it wishes to do is fine with me. An extra program and feature doesn't affect me, because I can choose not to interact with it, but I do consider it a positive thing for those who do wish to use it!

Kind regards

Google ownes the old analog air waves due to the switch to digital. This will be used for RF chips that will be implanted via mass manditor vacinations and will track you everywhere. Also could contain a ltal dose of posien that can kill without you knowing.

Your right, nothing to worry about.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Ok it seems everyone is missing the point by pointing to other search engines. The fact of the matter is that Google is in de facto control of internet search.

I point to this: Google commanded 65% of market share in 2009 and have no real competition - searchenginewatch.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The fact of the matter is that Google is in de facto control of internet search.

I point to this: Google commanded 65% of market share in 2009 and have no real competition - searchenginewatch.com...

And it is Google's fault that the majority of Internet users use only Google? No, it's the users' own debacle. The users propagated the use of Google, so much to the degree that searching is now called googling.

The fact of the matter is that Google is not the only search engine, and can only be in control of Internet searching if there were no other engines.

Don't blame the company for the public's wilful use that company.

[edit on 6/30/2010 by Misfit]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

I don't think it is blaming Google insomuch as it is pointing to the fact that they dominate internet searches.

I blame Google for things like the filters they put on their newsfeed.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I don't think it is blaming Google insomuch as it is pointing to the fact that they dominate internet searches.

"Dominate", that is a rational concept which I agree with.

"Controls internet search", the concept which Thamelas has been adamant about, is just not true.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Well, prepare to freakout: www.spokeo.com... They check criminal records, civil records, financial and online activity, the works. Nice, huh?

Yes, Google has become a mega-business. OTOH, Google has given us for free Google Earth, Google Sky, very user friendly and free photo adjusting software and hosting (Picasa). It translates foreign languages (not great, but far better than nothing), and if you really know all the advanced search tips, it can truely make searching the never ending internet a dream. That said, b/c I use Google search a lot, I don't have an email account there. Just a bit to much info for one entity to have.

[edit on 6/30/2010 by DeathTribble]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I did a thread on Google back in 2004...
www.belowtopsecret.com...
I think that was the beginning of the end of the unbiased search engine called google. Recently we find that BP and god only knows who else are able to actually purchase search terms? That should tell you something.
Also I've noticed on my Windows 7 Machine, I can't even get to google, it comes up as Igoogle, what the hell is that, and why can't I just go to Google.com anymore?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So far, Google is still the only search engine that helps me find websites relevant to what I want when I search. I randomly try other engines just to see how they are doing. With google, I do not have to get through a page or two of nonsense before I see something useful. If I do not see a good link in the first couple pages of a google search, then I am not going to find my answer on the internet. Maybe a better search will come along or maybe things will get worse. The golden days of free web content are perhaps coming to an end. People want to be paid for their efforts. That is in direct conflict with people expecting something for nothing.

As for as more social networking goes, I have more or less become weary of the business model. I don't update anything anymore. If they want any kind of detail about me for their marketing, I think they should cut me a check. However small that would be.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join