It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Reason for Iran War and Irans most powerful weapon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Well after some thinking, I have come to the realization that that Iran possess a powerful weapon. It is very powerful if used correctly. Indeed it is more powerful than any nuke you can dream up of. It can cause the US to come to a halt immediately.

Well what is that weapon you say? It is the Strait of Hormuz:

en.wikipedia.org...

40% of the worlds oil flows through here and Iran can directly target and rain down missles on this straight if it gets attacked. Even if a lot of carriers are in the straight, lobbing hundreds of missles at carriers in the straight is a relatively simple task and after that you target the oil tankers and literally stop the oil supply.

The US may have surrounded Iran but Iran has the US surrounded by its balls, the bankers know it, the US knows it, you just dont know it.

On June 29, 2008, the commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guard, Ali Mohammed Jafari, said that if Iran were attacked by Israel or the United States, it would seal off the Strait of Hormuz, to wreak havoc in oil markets. This statement followed other more ambiguous threats from Iran's oil minister and other government officials that a Western attack on Iran would result in turmoil in oil supply.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by THE_PROFESSIONAL]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
You had me at oil

Absolutely, spot on, the only reason anyone gives half a crap about Iran as the next military target is, wait for it...... oil.

Unfortunately, I don't think most care that our brothers and sisters are fighting, being killed, or killing others for the profit of companies and a select group of individuals.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Yep...pipelines and chokepoints. So worth dying for indeed.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I need this war, you need this war, we as Americans all need this war, why? Because we need to drive to work, write on our new plastic laptop or our new plastic ipod, because it all comes from oil. Our entire modern society is based on oil, not just for gas, but literally everyhting manufactured had something to do with oil

I bet the US would gather more support if they told the American people: if you want to drive your cars tommorow and buy another iphone, we have to go to war instead of making up ridiculous stories...and I bet a lot of people would go along with it too...

It is very easy for iran to block the gulf...they just have to rain cluster bomb missles toward carriers relenentlessly and mine the heck out of that area and put in a few subs there and any other contrived things....like drop millions of gallons of acid into the water to eat at the ship hulls....throw lots of fish food into the straights and send off seagulls with aluminum foil to confuse radar...lots of tactics can be used to confound enemy forces...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Actually its not oil it's dollars. Iran hurts the US economy by making oil available in other then dollars. That is why we attacked Iraq and will attack Iran and then Syria all three are the only three major oil producing countries that would not agree to sign on to buying our debt if we bought thier oil with the catch of they have to take dollars only for oil not only from us but from everyone else. This is why even though it was supposedly all Saudis (I know) who took out the WTC We attacked Iraq...

But it is about dollars. So they must feel that if they cannot get Iran to comply and they stop taking dollars period causing a panic in the market and killing the dollar they better take out Iran now. I doubt they would move all those assets in place to just try and bluff them.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Have you ever heard of the TARSANDS,we have more oil than Saudi Arabia ever had RIGHT HERE in Canada,strait of who cares maybe,America is our pal,they share nukes with us and we share oil with them.

We really dont need the Arabs oil anymore,let the rest of the world fight over what is left there.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Iran is not threatening the shipping lanes, other than to say that they will if we attack them. You and I don't need a war with Iran because if we don't attack them, they won't shut-off the Straight of Hormuz.

We have to always keep in mind that regardless of what the MSM and our government says, Iran has not acted aggressively, nor have they acted belligerently. In fact, Iran has never been aggressive in modern history. Did they attack our embassy? Sure, but only because we backed the Shah, an evil dictator who severely oppressed the Persian people. In fact, it was the CIA who over-threw the democratically elected government to install the Shah for the purposes of extracting cheap oil to benefit the oil companies, not you and I.

If the oil companies get cheap oil, that doesn't benefit us, as they sell us the oil at the same price while beefing up their own bottom-line. The price of gasoline is not really affected by how cheap the oil companies obtain the oil, rather it is priced off of speculation and supply and demand. TPTB or the oil companies purposefully keep the number of refineries down, thereby driving up the price of the oil and ultimately their profits.

I say again, an attack on Iran will not benefit the people, it will only benefit those with certain economic and strategic motives. We will wind up paying the price for their benefit and that's about all there is to it.

--airspoon

[edit on 29-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Iran's biggest weapon is that they are willing to and are making the POTUS into a buffoon. Talk is cheap and the US can pound the table all they want, go to the UN seeking sanctions, have Hilliary Clinton make a few red-faced speaches and there is no change.

More wars were started out of the deep seated insecurities of men in power than resources. Resources are the spoils. Power is the quest and insecurity is what drives men to war.

If there is a war, it will be 100% Obama's war. His war to manage and he will have been the cause of it.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
Have you ever heard of the TARSANDS,we have more oil than Saudi Arabia ever had RIGHT HERE in Canada,strait of who cares maybe,America is our pal,they share nukes with us and we share oil with them.

We really dont need the Arabs oil anymore,let the rest of the world fight over what is left there.

You've got to be kidding right? TARSANDS isn't even oil. Its a substance similar to oil but cannot be refined to make petroleum or even replace a quarter of the edifice that light sweet crude has been able to make.

Your beloved Tarsands uses billions of gallons of fresh water to boil and gas to burn. Just extracting tarsands is virtually a negative net energy out put.

In other words your more or less use more energy than you get from extracting it. Mainstream loves to portray these "solutions" as just that, solutions.

Canadian tarsands is NOT a solution to oil.

You know what its mainly used for? Asphalt. Thats almost all you can do with, and some plastics and chemicals.

Keep dreaming

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I think oil is a secondary motive.

Let me ask you this: how many countries will the US have to attack--which just happen to be arch enemies of Israel, and which Israel, through their massive lobbying and electoral meddling, insists be attacked--before people get a case of the smarts and figure out that the US is Israel's bitch and will go to war with any country Israel wants us to go to war with?

The last time the US drug its feet--refusing to bow to extreme Israeli pressure to attack Iraq--we got 911.

These wars, they're all about Israeli hegemony in the Middle East. How else can you explain our attacking ANOTHER country that hasn't attacked us, hasn't attacked an ally, and in Iran's case, hasn't attacked anyone? It's no coincidence that each of these countries just happens to be on Israel's hit list.

Yes, the United States IS Israel's bitch. Once that's understood, one can begin to understand the rest.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Well put. This is not about oil for us. It's more about acquiring and retaining control over the oil, gas, and water pipelines and sea routes to Asia. And the other huge player here is Russia.

reply to post by yuefo

Funny things about motives and agendas...alliances can form even if those are different for each ally. And they can change fast too. Think Russian and China.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Funny things about motives and agendas...alliances can form even if those are different for each ally. And they can change fast too. Think Russian and China.
[edit on 29-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

Sure, if I understand correctly, you're suggesting that we may have differing motives toward the same ends, right? I'll go along with that as far as it goes.

But the problem in the case of the US obsequiousness to Israel is that the US doesn't have a choice. Consider--is it in the US best interests to even be an ally of an outlaw state like Israel, let alone fight their wars for them, and in the process inflame the oil-rich nations that are Israel's enemies? And yet that is exactly what we do.

And what politician can look forward to reelection who takes even a balanced approach to Israel, let alone an adversarial one? It's political death. They control US.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

My opinion is that obsequiousness has less to do with the ends than it has to do with the means. The 60+ years worth of propaganda was so good, they bred unexpected and unneeded results that are irrelevant. Does that makes sense?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
It's not about oil , Obama apparently doesn't care about oil .Surely the Gulf of Mexico proves that ! Apparently he thinks the States has excess and needs to dump some .

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Nomad451,do some research on the oil reserves in Canada.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I need this war, you need this war, we as Americans all need this war, why? Because we need to drive to work, write on our new plastic laptop or our new plastic ipod, because it all comes from oil. Our entire modern society is based on oil, not just for gas, but literally everyhting manufactured had something to do with oil

You don't need this. There is going to be significant blowback coming your way.

What goods an Ipod if you're under attack?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Oddly enough you can make plastic from Hemp Oil. Henry Ford did.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Fine, ill give it to you that nearly everything is made from oil, but if your starting a war to kill millions only for selfish motives and profit then nothing will be accomplished, ie the current two wars.

What about the war itself, the military uses more oil than all domestic transportation combined? Does it make any sense to go to war for something that you are consuming in the process?

What about after the ware and all the oil is gone, who are you going to attack next to get more oil?

This is a pointless game that has no positive outcome for either side. Watch the movie "Collapse", "Crude Awakening", "Global Dimming" "End of Sububia" to figure all of this out. Unfortunately none of them offer a tangible solution which aims at the root cause of our problems.

Please check out my signature for a possible solution.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
Nomad451,do some research on the oil reserves in Canada.

I have pal. Canadian tar sands isn't worth a pinch of crap

Why don't you do some research?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Are you talking about the oilsands that are abundant in Canada and are like a sand covered in an oily goo?

Because if you are you are a bloody moron.I have done the research first hand.I worked there for eight years.

Nuclear power can be used and current and predictive technology has made it very profitable to retrieve the oil,and just wait until the price of a barrel triples.

We dont need the Arabs.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by one4all]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join