It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Reason for Iran War and Irans most powerful weapon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Then you should also know first hand that the EROEI is terrible. The resources required to refine the stuff is immense. Resources we are running out of everywhere.

Yes there is energy there, but it will not completely replace your country's dependence on imported oil.

Not to mention the devastating environmental impact Canadian tarsands production has.

As much as it hurts for "Petroleum Man", the way of life cheap easy to get positive net energy oil has given us for the last 70 years is over and done with.

Tar Sands IS NOT A SOLUTION.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
If war or attacks on Iran occur it wont be because of the straight of Hormitz but rather to keep Israel with a balance of power. This is why the average american tax payer has been "giving" Israel billions each year for decades. They have an airforce more modern and larger than the Saudis yet Israel has no oil.

Anyway if Iran gets the bomb, the overwhelming power of Israel will be challenged. When this happens Israeli dominance and power in the region is weakened but only a little.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Google David Hamel,another Canadian just givven it all away.

Mr.Hamel gave the WORLD FREE ENERGY MANY YEARS AGO.

Free energy,straight from the egyptians writings themselves.

Free to everyone.

The flying disc isnt an illusion ,you must realise this.

Its the implementation of free energy that we CANT ACCOMPLISH,because of the current powers that be.

And remember that there was a day not that long ago when a man said,there is no way it will ever be possible to retrieve that oil---NO WAY POSSIBLY.

well we are removing and selling that oil on a massive and growing scale.

In terms of an immediate and long term solution to arab oil,we are certainly that,however we are not the answer to the energy crisis,the current global supplies may carry us through the transition to free energy worldwide or it may not this is the million dollar question I guess sint it?

[edit on 29-6-2010 by one4all]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
Unfortunately, I don't think most care that our brothers and sisters are fighting, being killed, or killing others for the profit of companies and a select group of individuals.

i do!

i hate it!!!!

it is wrong
WRONG
WRONG!!!

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96ae6e451c7b.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Our entire modern society is based on oil, not just for gas, but literally everyhting manufactured had something to do with oil

true enough - but there are more and more new alternatives being developed as well as others that are old but were rejected, and some demonized, by corporations seeking to control and profit.

we could do without many things, too, without any hardship whatsoever.
habits would have to change but that would be good for our characters, too, to try to exercise a little will-power in place of self-will!

I bet the US would gather more support if they told the American people: if you want to drive your cars tommorow and buy another iphone, we have to go to war instead of making up ridiculous stories...and I bet a lot of people would go along with it too...

i, for one, would not.
granted, the computer i'm using right now is made from oil products...but there's no reason it can't last for a long time and i'll be happy with it indefinitely - already that's how i feel unrelated to oil.

i don't need another iphone (especially since i don't have one to begin with) and i don't need to drive my car tomorrow - as it is, i drive as little as possible, maybe once a week average.

i know that my lifestyle isn't the average American lifestyle but the thing is, it is more than adequate and my satisfaction in life is not related to what i have and how new it is.

there is so much we could do without - and that we could make last, if we tried.

what we already have, from oil products, we already have.
but there's no reason to think we can't live into next year without new products from oil.

our forefathers got on without oil, we could, too!
they didn't get by without war, but i know we could, if we set our minds to it!

part of the problem with our huge consumption of oil-based products is the shoddy way in which things are made nowadays - breaking so easily or wearing out so soon just so we will spend more money replacing it the year after we buy the first one.

more corporate greed.

i WILL never agree to war or to damaging the environment in the name of oil.
and i know what that might mean - i've been thinking about it A LOT lately, in realistic terms.

i'm willing to do anything necessary to achieve PEACE on this planet!

here is a list, not meant to be all-inclusive, but a good idea of the sorts of things we're looking at:

• Ink
  • Dish-washing liquids
  • Paintbrushes
  • Telephones
  • Toys
  • Unbreakable dishes
  • Insecticides
  • Antiseptics
  • Dolls
  • Car sound insulation
  • Fishing lures
  • Deodorant
  • Tires
  • Motorcycle helmets
  • Linoleum
  • Sweaters
  • Tents
  • Refrigerator linings
  • Paint rollers
  • Floor wax
  • Shoes
  • Electrician's tape
  • Plastic wood
  • Model cars
  • Glue
  • Roller skate wheels
  • Trash bags
  • Soap dishes
  • Skis
  • Permanent press clothes
  • Hand lotion
  • Clothesline
  • Dyes
  • Soft contact lenses
  • Shampoo
  • Pantyhose
  • Cameras
  • Food preservatives
  • Fishing rods
  • Oil filters
  • Combs
  • Transparent tape
  • Anesthetics
  • Upholstery
  • Dice
  • Disposable diapers
  • TV cabinets
  • Cassettes
  • Mops
  • Sports car bodies
  • Salad bowls
  • House paint
  • Purses
  • Electric blankets
  • Awnings
  • Ammonia
  • Dresses
  • Car battery cases
  • Safety glass
  • Hair curlers
  • Pajamas
  • Synthetic rubber
  • VCR tapes
  • Eyeglasses
  • Pillows
  • Vitamin capsules
  • Movie film
  • Ice chests
  • Candles
  • Rubbing alcohol
  • Loudspeakers
  • Ice buckets
  • Boats
  • Ice cube trays
  • Credit cards
  • Fertilizers
  • Crayons
  • Insect repellent
  • Water pipes
  • Toilet seats
  • Caulking
  • Roofing shingles
  • Fishing boots
  • Life jackets
  • Balloons
  • Shower curtains
  • Garden hose
  • Golf balls
  • Curtains
  • Plywood adhesive
  • Umbrellas
  • Detergents
  • Milk jugs
  • Beach umbrellas
  • Rubber cement
  • Sunglasses
  • Putty
  • Faucet washers
  • Cold cream
  • Bandages
  • Tool racks
  • Antihistamines
  • Hair coloring
  • Nail polish
  • Slacks
  • Drinking cups
  • Guitar strings
  • False teeth
  • Yarn
  • Petroleum jelly
  • Toothpaste
  • Golf bags
  • Roofing
  • Tennis rackets
  • Toothbrushes
  • Perfume
  • Luggage
  • Wire insulation
  • Folding doors
  • Shoe polish
  • Fan belts
  • Ballpoint pens
  • Shower doors
  • Cortisone
  • Carpeting
  • Artificial turf
  • Heart valves
  • LP records
  • Lipstick
  • Artificial limbs
  • Hearing aids
  • Vaporizers
  • Aspirin
  • Shaving cream
  • Wading pools
  • Parachutes

a lot of that we do NOT need.
a lot of it can be obtained from other sources, albeit it at a higher price tag
some of it can be easily substituted and maybe even with better effects on our health and/or our environment.
some of it is nearly, if not completely, obsolete!

and NONE of it, imo, is worth spending lives upon, in war
none of it, either, equals the value of the life and beauty being killed daily in the Gulf.

just my 0.02

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Yeah, that's the ticket! Let's kill for oil! Yeehaw! My beer belly is just shaking with anticipation. What channel is that gonna be on?

Did I mention hemp oil could replace fossil fuels?

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

yes!

but thanks for the reminder!
don't stop spreading the word, friend!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I cannot remember where, but somewhere on here i saw a post that said that cia plants and what not often pose as low level criminals and drug dealers so that if caught they can fall back on that and not a larger charge.

Tptb are smarter than us, they want us to think that it is oil that they are after.
you think if it was oil that they were after they would make it so obvious to us, especially after making it so obvious last time.

It is not oil, think again

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Thanks I have been following this very closely was well. I fully expect the United States to require a pre-text before entering this war...

There are some references that the Sear Tower in Chicago will be NUKED just prior to the starting of WWIII, and I found it in this reference...

www....(nolink)/download.php?8ojsghvez3wl3a6

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

Naturally, I wanted to know if the New York event was connected with the nuclear event in Chicago. Yes, she said. In a way. But the explosion in Chicago would happen later.

(Incidentally, Gabrielle spent her life in a small town in the Pacific northwest, and had not traveled to either New York or Chicago -- in fact, she almost never left her home state. Oddly enough, I've never visited either of those two cities myself, although I've seen many other parts of the country.)

Would the same people be responsible for both events, I asked?

Not really, she answered, although the events are linked. In both cases, she emphasized, "it won't be who they say it is."

"Terrorists?"

"Yes and no. It's like people from the government are involved. Or at least they know about it."

She said that the public would be told that Iran was responsible for the Chicago event. "After that, it's World War Three." (Emphasis added)

She intimated that things would not play out the way "they" planned, and that the war would spin out of all control.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
i can envision a counter ploy by the USA forces...
all it will take is a devestating saturation bombing of the area around the strait itself, say a 20 mile radius with continual cluster bombing so that nobody could set up and launch any missiles

the further away the Iranian/Persian attack missiles are
the more likely it will be they can be intercepted with those Patriot battery of missiles that have been quietly deployed in Kuwait, Saudi, UAE and other Gulf states during the last 2 years.

yeah, on paper, Iran has a death-claw grip on the oil passageway...but translating that model into actual practice will take many men & resources to affect the naval armadas & tanker traffic

Nerither are 10,000 speedboats with shaped charges, as lethal a force that Iran Revolutionary Guards pretends it to be either.

i hope everyone stands down

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I need this war, you need this war, we as Americans all need this war, why? Because we need to drive to work, write on our new plastic laptop or our new plastic ipod, because it all comes from oil. Our entire modern society is based on oil, not just for gas, but literally everyhting manufactured had something to do with oil

I bet the US would gather more support if they told the American people: if you want to drive your cars tommorow and buy another iphone, we have to go to war instead of making up ridiculous stories...and I bet a lot of people would go along with it too...

It is very easy for iran to block the gulf...they just have to rain cluster bomb missles toward carriers relenentlessly and mine the heck out of that area and put in a few subs there and any other contrived things....like drop millions of gallons of acid into the water to eat at the ship hulls....throw lots of fish food into the straights and send off seagulls with aluminum foil to confuse radar...lots of tactics can be used to confound enemy forces...

this post of yours is very correct..

i only would like to discuss with you the following :

you said .." bet the US would gather more support if they told the American people: if you want to drive your cars tommorow and buy another iphone, we have to go to war instead of making up ridiculous stories...and I bet a lot of people would go along with it too..."

at first I tought that 9/11 was done for not explaining the american people the real reason why americans are gonna die in Afghanistan and Iraq...but then i realized that they dont give a damn what americans think...USA is on a suicide mission..or you get there secure the oil and change regime to one who doesnt threaten changing the Dollar as primary currency used for oil...or you are getting on your knees soon with plenty of enemies praying everyday they have the chance to put their hands on you...for me they did 9/11 to be able to get into the middle east without giving the russians and chinese a chance to counter their agenda...with the supposed war on terror BS Crap.....the problem is that this issue is real and the Americans need to get into Iran soon and have their regime change and put into command some puppet....but unfortunately for humanity this time seems to be somehow different..i think Ahmadinejad is a very wise man and took care of Iran's relationship with Russia years before..he knew Iran would be the target after Iraq...

I did a small video on youtube this week..pls check it out and tell me what you think...cheer bro

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by XR500Final2

your snippet...

went on to say the Chicago event would be facilitated by the Lake waters used to transport the 'bomb'..
Chicago sits on Lake Michigan if i recall correctly.

now heres a synchronicity (of a sort)...
My Avatar is the animated character "Michigan J. Frog"

The amphibian who could sing "Hello, my baby" --
but only to an audience of one.
The moment an audience showed up, the magic stopped

so it was with 1990...re: OK City (a mid America city in the geographic/economic middle of america) followed by the
WTC/Pentagon/DC Obelisk attacks on some future 911 date...
predating the Gabriella vivid dreams in the OP link

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I need this war, you need this war, we as Americans all need this war, why? Because we need to drive to work, write on our new plastic laptop or our new plastic ipod, because it all comes from oil.

Call me old-fashioned but I always thought the best way to secure a reliable flow of essential resources from a supplier was to cultivate good relations with that supplier, not threaten him or behave aggressively and disrespectfully.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I don't think you've necessarily reached the right conclusion by saying it is oil - I don't believe Iran are seriously in position to harm the US economically, don't forget - the US have pretty much total control of Iraq and thus its outgoing supply of oil, and Iraq has the largest supply of oil reserves after Saudi Arabia.

I think a more likely reason why the US is beating the war drum so loudly against Iran is because Iran changed it's currency exchange for oil to euros from dollars after the US deposed Saddam. Saddam did the same thing in early 2000; he changed Iraq's currency exchange for oil from dollars to euros, putting at risk the US's petrodollar scam (Google that).

It's telling that pretty much all of the countries on Bush's evil of axis list, coincidentally, just happen to have denominated their currency exchange for oil from dollars to euros. It's not an axis of evil, but an axis of euros, maintaining the US dollars hegemony as the main trading currency for oil and keeping the petrodollar scam intact.

At least, that's my theory.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nathan-D

It's telling that pretty much all of the countries on Bush's evil of axis list, coincidentally, just happen to have denominated their currency exchange for oil from dollars to euros.

Yes. It's also telling that all the "axis of evil" countries just so happen to have their own independent central banks that issue their own currency interest-free and are therefore not in debt to (read: not in the control of) the international banksters.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

It's also about securing the Caspian Basin's huge reserves of oil. The nations that border that region (Kazakhstan, Iran, Turkmenistan, Azberbaijan, and Russia) are either 'G8' allies, such as Russia.

Or otherwise have been politically and diplomatically influenced, such as Khazakstan, Turkmenistan, and Azerbaijan.

The only wild-card in the list of nations with a Caspian Sea border is Iran.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by citizen smith]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
My worry is that a huge never before seen rise in the price of oil would suit so many of the interested parties, particularly a party who has the good luck of having their currency used as the currency to buy oil, if the price of oil would shoot up to 500 currency units a barrel, there would be an overwhelming need for said currency, solving the lucky nations debt problem over night.

Also those nations producing oil as their main form of foreign earnings suddenly at no extra cost to themselves those earnings go up by a factor of ten, as I see it, at the mo, China and the EU are the only countries that don't benefit in some way by a massive hike in the price of oil.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Thepreye]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join