It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iphone 1 ,2 next gen this upgrade that , what's one to do ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

...but I do believe that there is a point in which we are willfully allowing ourselves to be duped , assuming we keep forking over our money .

That, I think, sums it up. The consumers vote with their $$$ and while people keep buying the newest iPhones, then apple will keep making them.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

My take:

If you replace a working and viable device just to upgrade tot he newest, catchy device, you are a tool. A tool for the media and pop culture engine that apparently owns you outright.

Be smarter. Buck consumerism. Shake your programming. Think outside the flock.

I have a phone that makes calls, and i can text from if i want. If i need some web browsing, i can do it. Anything else like that, i have a laptop. Don't need an IPad, or a Kindle, or an IPhone. Redundancy is not something i need.

What i love are the idiots that have to have the latest and greatest, though. I can usually get a good deal from them. I have 2 HDTV's that are 50" inches. Paid 300 apiece for them (one for the den/xbox, the other for the living room/dvr). Some folks just could not stand going without a nifty TV to hang on their wall, and i got a steal on the high def console that they needed to get rid of.

In a world of consumerism there are the tools who fuel the cycle, and then there are the sane people who are all too happy to clean up on their stupidity.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Massive consumerism to feed the masses. This is why North America is feeling so broke and our landfills are filling up so fast. And our kids are all so spoiled. Too many people think they can't live without the latest and the greatest. Kids, spoiled, scream and cry when they can't get the latest gadget. People on anti depressants cause they aren't fulfilled anymore. Materialism, consumerism.........:shk:

What's going to happen is TSHTF and we can't have all this stuff anymore

new topics

<< 1   >>

join