It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gusher Tamed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It appears they have successfully managed to put the lid on the flow though oil still streams from the sides. My prayer is that it works.
(etc...)

That was the start of my original thread at 4.30 am UK time. Looking at the live feeds now, however, it would appear that I was premature. The amount coming out now sadly looks the same as yesterday. I was SO excited by what I saw in the wee hours of this morning. A Marked difference; but there we are. Never started a thread before so don't know the etiquette for killing it off... Really sorry it didn't pan out.
5senses

[edit on 28-6-2010 by 5senses]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/6/2010 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 29-6-2010 by 5senses]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I know all of us have been waiting and hoping against hope to see this thread get started!

We shall see...thanks for the awesome thread. Let's hope it sticks!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Doubt it will work, but I am hopeful it will.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I do want it to work but I have a feeling they are somehow dumb.

This is one of their meetings.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I don't know, still looks to be spilling out an obscene amount of oil to me. Maybe I was looking at old footage, said it was live feed though.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Enterprise ROV 1 clearly shows containment and you can see more of the actual metal 'pod' itself in E 2. Skandi 2 image only SOMEWHAT lessened so I can see how it could appear as if no change.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It has definitely calmed down in the last few hours.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
All they did was change the camera angle on the live feed. I highly doubt ~anything!~ has changed otherwise it would be all over the MSM and various other sources.

It's a trap.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by The Theorist

He's right, here is a link to the live feed.(Beat me to it.)

www.bp.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Theorist
All they did was change the camera angle on the live feed. I highly doubt ~anything!~ has changed otherwise it would be all over the MSM and various other sources.

It's a trap.

Was gonna post the same thing. Just looks like a different angle. Kinda ya won't see the rain if ya don't look out the window. Doesn't mean it isn't raining.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I think it might just look that way from the angle and from it being completely black down there right now.

Here are more cams from a few different angles.

www.sanaracreations.fi...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I noticed this also.. I wonder what the bbl/day rate is. I would guess that they are getting at least 80%.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I think it's a different angle as well.
Each of the Rov's currently focused on the well seems to be zoomed very close in.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Link

Got this off ATS. I don't know who first posted it but it has many different cam views and angles.

I hope they stop it but this is only a temporary solution. There is still a lot of oil out there to be seen and wash ashore. Every day that goes by is a day longer my backyard will be ruined.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
If you look at enterprise rov 2 its still pouring out the top via 2 vents/pipes. Are'nt they meant to be the ones pushing in gas to keep the water out of the cap so the central pipe can draw off 'crude'.

Its less violent under the lip of the cap, but looks just as bad quantity wise to me?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
I think it might just look that way from the angle and from it being completely black down there right now.

Here are more cams from a few different angles.

www.sanaracreations.fi...

Thats the second time Ive gone to that muti cam page and its crashed my laptop

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Sorry about that tarifa37,

the link has 12 cams all put together.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
That's why I put a question mark after the title of the thread when I wrote it. In case it was too good to be true... : /

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I don't see any difference to the leak rate.

Got me thinking though, if they opened a hole in the top of the top hat then more oil would simply pass up through the top hat and out again. For those viewing the bottom of the top hat it would appear as though they were successful in capturing more oil when in fact it was just coming right out the top of the thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Looks about the same to me. How much oil is BP collecting per day?

new topics

top topics

join