It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows 8 plans leaked ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

A big thanks to @floo1989 for the heads-up! Over the weekend, the Italian Windows site “Windowsette” got a hold of some super secret squirrel Microsoft presentations apparently laying around on the internet somewhere. I took a look through every single one of these, slide-by-slide, so I’m quite confident these are the real deal. I just feel bad for the poor sap who either leaked these or inadvertently shared these with the world. Long story short, these slide decks are chock full of internal thinking on Windows 8 — everything from customer target audiences to the Windows 8 developer market to the Windows 8 product cycle and much, much more. As a preface, I’ve taken many screen shots of relevant slides for inclusion with this article, so click on them to see their full-sized versions. I’ll elaborate on some and allow the others to explain themselves. Lastly, I’ll be updating this post as I find more contained within the slide decks. Now, without further adieu, let’s get started!

Link

what u think ?

[edit on 28/6/2010 by shauny]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Have they fixed the problems with windows 7 yet? I can't even use the browser that came with windows 7, all the buttons and pull down menus stop working, forward, back, no internet options, etc. Google chrome works, and firefox works, but the one from Microsoft doesn't?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If this is the direction for Microsoft then I'm disappointed. It seems like they are falling into the mac trend, focusing on superficial User Experience (UX) based on vapourware promises, while adding another band-aid to the actual brains of the operating system (Security, performance, resource use, stability ...)
Pick up your game Microsoft!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have had no problems with windows 7. Snowspirit, try reloading it again.
The only issue i seem to have run into is buying programs that are not supported by windows 7 yet.

[edit on 6/28/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I always wait a while before updating - I am still with Vista and doing fine. Don't want to spoil a good thing by downloading glitches. And oh my did someone say Mac

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Vista with all the updates and sevice pack 1 is good.
but at 1st, was a NIGHTMARE.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I've never once experienced any problem whatsoever with my Macbook Pro. I can't even imagine Windows being an option anymore.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

i been using windows 7 for about 9 months now with no problems at all, everything works great, much better than vista

ive also installed it on 3 other computers and they never had a problem either, infact i just finished installing it on my moms laptop (dell)

sounds like you dont have all your drivers installed correctly or something, or you are using the beta version

and this wondows 8 leak doesnt sound right to me, win7 only been out for about a year, i think its a fake annoucement

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Kr0nZ]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
No that's not Windows 8, it's just the latest virus attack from a botnet originating out of Washington.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If this is true, it is consistent with the bait-and-switch approach of Microsoft. They always advertise their current offering as a pinnacle of creation, and two years down the road come up with the new one. Remember "Everything suddenly clicks"? Or, "the new standard of reliability"?

The first one was for Windows XP, the latter for NT. Frankly, one has to assume that nothing really did click in the former case, and the standard was shoddy in the second.

The only thing that Windows has going for it is standartization, which makes installations work pretty smoothly. If you don't know what I mean, try installing something like Firefox on a random Linux platform.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I don't see what the big deal is.
It looks like iPhone 6.0
I wonder if they fixed that pesky hang up issue.......

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
You know after looking at the link and some of the slides it kind of reminded me of when Windows was going to come out with Windows Longhorn. Of course that never did come out and was trashed and eventually Vista was puked out for us. You could actually see the same thing ....slides that were leaked out.

[edit on 6/30/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It looks real slick. I also read that microsoft is making a online store like apple, so this story could be true.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
Vista with all the updates and sevice pack 1 is good.
but at 1st, was a NIGHTMARE.

You like Vista? I'll bet you would love Vista Black Edition....ever heard of it? Fast, and secure, comes with XP Burn, Firefox Browser, and VLC Flash Media player, you can download and watch flash vids on your computer. Have a torrent downloader? Get your copy here. If I was a Windows man, this is the version I would run.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I almost stopped reading at "this is how Mac does it". Why would they want to follow the Mac model when their own model has a clear lead? But I continued reading anyways.

Then came the slide about the hardware capabilites - that killed it all.
Windows 8 is supposed to be software, not hardware. Sure you must know what the hardware is to create the software, but all things mentioned appart from the 5 point touch screen are already suported.

Sencodly, there is a bullet that reads 'consistent, fast internet connection'. That's out of the hands of Microsoft. Most people currently use about 1% of what their hardware/software allows them to use in terms of internet speed, this due to ISP limitations.

A lot of the later slides were focusing a lot on 'sleep' modes. How fast a PC boots or wakes up depends a great deal on the hardware. Log ff, hibernate, and sleep are nothing new, yet whoever did this presentation is trying to emphasise the need for them.

Windows 8 Push Button Reset s called System Restore. One of the pop up windows reads "... but keep my stuff". No one at Microsoft would ever refer to files as 'stuff'.

I'm simply not buying this and whoever is doing this probably hopes to get a few million hits on his website with this fake info.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by daniel_g]

new topics

top topics

join