It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada is being a POlice state NOW !! Who's next? the US ??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
People...

check out this video..

Canada became a police state when the G20 took place. The temporary law discussed in the video gives the police incredible powers to search anyone in zones of **public areas** determined by them. The law which was orignially intended to be used in public areas such as courts and police stations, now has been tampered with which enables the police to declare any region as the zone they wish to protect. Even the downtown.

Sad to see this. Hope people wake up to the reality

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Bad video ID?
Will comment wen fixed.
Here is the link
Link

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Elieser]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The URL contained a malformed video ID.

edit

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sadly, we are all police states already. Think of the mob mentality of the cops when there is no chance of identifying the cop who hit or grabbed you. That's what happened in Toronto. They knew they couldn't get in trouble for their actions, who is going to be able to pick out a cop who was abusive, when they all were.

Think of anytime there are no witnesses. Any cop who wants to, is able to get away with anything, as long as there is no video, and no witnesses. If the witness is another cop, they stick together. Any court will take the word of the cop over the word of the citizen any day.

I've seen it too many times already, and I am someone who behaves, partly out of fear for what they are capable of. I am a woman, and yet I know I am just as likely to get beaten up by a cop as any man.

Just watching Global National news right now, and there are many questions as to why the cops were allowed to get away with what they did. It is disgusting, to say the least.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The US is already a police state and has been for many years.
damn and i was thinking of moving to Canada to escape it ...there goes that idea

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

Our RCMP are one of the most corrupt forces up here. City cops a close second. I gave up on the idea of rights when cops are involved years ago. Some of the US cops seem worse than ours - we watch a lot of US news. But then another story comes out about our cops. I think they are about the same.

On the plus side, our air quality and water is supposed to be cleaner, especially the more north you go.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
wow i think cnn/msnbc/fox have infiltrated the forums.

I swear the sensationalism titles don't fit the subject is really really getting old.

browsing the forums is like looking at the grocery store tabloids

Thread titles like
OMG END OF WORLD LOOK HERE!
OH NO, OIL WELL COLLAPSED, Apocalypse starting right now!

hehe

I guess if you are point farming then using sensationalistic thread titles is one way to farm points, which should be banned

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It's true that cops are awful here and everywhere else, but I don't think this belongs in the "Deepwater Disaster" forum...

All you need to do to be a cop is apply. And then you're above the law, free to to whatever you want.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
We are such a brutal "Police State" now!

Oh, the horror!!!!

Beware the police state.

Deny ignorance!!!!

/end sarcasm...

Please try to do at least a little research before you post this drivel.

Our national police force is now going to be watchdogged by us!!!!!

BC and Alberta are both demanding civilian oversight committee's for the RCMP. And, as both Province's contracts with RCMP expire soon, the federal government is pretty much forced into doing it.

For those of you not familiar with the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police), their budget is paid for by the provinces that participate.
As Ontario has opted for OPP instead of RCMP, it is critical for the RCMP to keep both Alberta and BC to maintain a capable operating budget.

If either province switches to a provincial police force, the RCMP will be unable to act as a federal police force.

here is a little to get you started:
www.rcmpwatch.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

BC's and Alberta's contract with the RCMP ends in 2012. I'm not sure how "soon" that should be considered, but I just wanted to add that.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by elocin

1 1/2 years remaining on a 20 year contract is very soon, in terms of the contract.

I would like to see the changes made today, but I am very pleased that our local government level is actually standing up for citizen rights

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If the provinces decide to not renew the contract, they had better start training their people and start to set up their police infrastructure now. In fact they should have started 10 years ago.

So let's say we end up disbanding the RCMP, you're going to have thousands of green rookies looking after our safety.

Or you could just rehire all these 'corrupt' ex-rcmp members.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
More people in power are against this then people in the U.S. would be however

But the title of that video is bad
it's not martial law, if people don't have or show ID they can be arrested
that's not martial law... i mean not really

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

I'm not sure on what BC's plan is.

However, in Alberta, they have already started.

Both the Edmonton and Calgary police departments have been running large recruitment campaigns. As it stands now, they will be asked to assist with the turnover.

Which wont happen immediately. The last time this came up, the turnover was approximated to take between 5 and 7 years, but as the contract was renewed, I couldn't tell you if the plan would have worked.

PS- Both Edmonton and Calgary have been increasing their recruitments so that they can better handle their metropolitan areas. Ie: Edmonton police will soon be helping serve Leduc, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, and other smaller communities directly around the major centres.

As the bulk of Alberta's population is in a very small corridor, it is very possible that the 2 police forces could take temporary control.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cito

Had to laugh at the now. Just watched a Naomi Klein commentary about the G20, and one thing that stood out to me when I read this thread title was how she said that there have been more police cars burned in Canada over a hockey game.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

Ooops....

This is the id : www.youtube.com...

Sorry guys

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Respect Sister... These are all disturbing questions .. not just to you, but to the people in the US as well.. It seems to be a matter of time that something spark off revolution in either the US or Canada by the looks of it..

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Peaceful protestors were badly treated by the police... I wonder how much of the real news she gets reading her script off a screen..

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

In India the Britishers withdrew when there was a police mutiny.. I wonder when the conscience of the police officers would stop them from going against their own country.... Only through non-cooperation with the higher authority, especially by the police , and if only they preserve the spirit of democracy, will any democracy thrive..

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by skywalker_

She lives there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join