It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goatman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Goatman

November 15th 1967: police discover an abandoned car beside Old Alton Bridge, five miles south of Denton, Texas. A rash of mysterious disappearances are becoming alarmingly routine on a chilling stretch of road that is known by locals as "the Goatman's bridge."

Constructed in 1884, the bridge connected Lewisville to Alton. The turn of the century brought a black goat farmer and his family to a residence just North of the bridge, and a few short years later, Oscar Washburn was known as a ...

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
[url=http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=504502824&albumID=987689&imageID=12690225]viewmorepics.myspace.com[/url ]
[url=http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=504502824&albumID=987689&imageID=12689570]viewmorepics.myspace.com[/url ]
[url=http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=504502824&albumID=987689&imageID=12689584]viewmorepics.myspace.com[/url ]

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Alex31o]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I have pics from here we took last night. Orbs like crazy. And an UNEXPLAINABLE foggy mist!! o.O So if you wanna see, cause idk how to put em up, leave me a message?? And I wanna know if there's anything to know in these pics. We might go back.....PLEASE!? The story is pretty freaky, but very much likely to be true. In this site and many others, it says that you smell a fowl smell of urine, "dead" flesh and a sulfar fertilizer smellwhen the "beast" is near. OH yes, I definately smelt urine, but didn't pay much attention to the other smells, but then again, I didn't know about the smell part until I read about it.(a little stupid?) Though when we were going back into the car, my mom said it smelt like something died. Maybe it was near us, during our voyage in the woods by the bridge. It was my mom, her friend, her friend's son and I.(: Stupid stupid stupid....smart?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Quick fix your links! I'm curious as heck what this is all about!

Goatman, how cool is that.

If you've trouble fixing the links Loam does a great job explaining posting links and BBC code in this link...

A Guide to BBCode on ATS

peace

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Agreed figure it out quick i wanna see too!
Ok I'm retired so I got time just get em up in a timely manner please!

I'm also fat and old so health may be a cconcern too, are they up yet?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
www.disclose.tv...

November 15th 1967: police discover an abandoned car beside Old Alton Bridge, five miles south of Denton, Texas. A rash of mysterious disappearances are becoming alarmingly routine on a chilling stretch of road that is known by locals as "the Goatman's bridge."

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Theres some very strange pictures on this link here. Creepy.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
to the OP:

can you put up the pics on an image hosting site and not on myspace? maybe try imgur.com or imageshack.us ... i tried to view your pics but it says that your myspace profile is private and that i'd have to be ur friend on myspace to view your pics. and i dont even have a myspace profile, is this a conspiracy to make us sign up with myspace? is goatman working for myspace now?

[edit on 6.28.10 by toreishi]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I CAN EDIT, BUT IDK HOW TO SAVE. sorry for being new. help?? copy and paste!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
MY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'M PUTTING IT ON PHOTOBUCKET. GIMME A SEC!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The story of the Goatman (The 'clan' lynching a black man for being prosperous) just makes me sick to be human.

If the Goatman is for real - I hope he (his ghost?) gets some satisfaction for the hell the 'Clan' put him and his family though.

Edit to add a Thank You to bluemooone2 for the links.

epace

[edit on 28-6-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alex31o
I have pics from here we took last night. Orbs like crazy. And an UNEXPLAINABLE foggy mist!! o.O

And you see no connection between the mist and the 'orbs' ?

Come on now.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
OKAY, I posted a new post, my pics are seeable now!!!!(: It's Goatman's Bridge...etc.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Yeah, but usually people can study and/or examine it, and make out what it is such as faces...etc.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I dig the Boggy Creek swamp monsters and the GoatMan legends. Very nostalgic. Of course, back in my day (1960s and 70s), the GoatMan was a goddamned centaur that held forth up around Dallas, Texas, hurling rubber tires at passing motorists.

People, I tell you THIS: Today, the Denton "GoatMan" is a commercialized tour... Haunted America Tours

Which is fun, too... I've gone on a couple of those haunted tours, and it's a good way to sightsee and relax.

But the TRUTH is that GoatMan was invented by local boys, originally, to scare the snot out of girls, right, when they went "parking" — that's a 1960s euphemism for having sex with a chick in a car at the end of a dirt road.

So, you'd take your date out for a burger and a beer, have sex, woo-hoo, go to the drive-in movie, drink a six-pack with your delicate flower, have sex, and afterwards you drive her down the "old dirt road" and TELL HER THE STORY OF GOAT MAN!

Very classy.

The end result of this evening of inebriated debauchery, of course, was a frantic, frenetic, frightening, frenzied fit of — let's face it — FANTASTIC fornication. Hey, fearful sex trumps all other forms of the act.

What was funny was that the guys would even scare themselves, and the girls knew all about the hoax in advance, but they'd play along. And, yes, as the discombobulated youths endeavored to merge their genetic material in the backseat, the local constable would step in to interruptus their pathetic, bumbling, redneck coitus.

And THAT is what the GoatMan was all about, kids.

Now they're making money off of it.

Still works!

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
quite creepy keep it up

top topics

join