It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When should I evacuate? (Orlando)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well, looks like the time for Floridians is quickly running up. I'd like opinions of the ATS'ers of when I should evac Florida. (Other Gulf states also would be nice for others in concern)

I most defintiely do NOT want to wait until FEMA announces the plan. Highways will be so clogged up I doubt i'd get even close to halfway out of FL.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
if it were me i would leave now and avoid the rush. i fear there will be a mass exodus soon

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
That's what I was thinking also. My parents are, unfortunately, calling me insane and only will respond when it's on the main stream media.

I might have to leave them

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You should only move if you alone feel it is the best course of action, in my opinion.

Asking other people if you should leave or not isn't the best way to do it, as not only most of those who reply probably don't even live along the affected regions, even those who might live along the coast may all have different reasons for both staying or leaving. Everyone's story can be different according to their own personal stake in the matter.

You should listen to your own judgment when considering such an action, and no one else.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Orlando huh....

well, consider that the DisneyWorld complex is just south of the city limit... and theres a whole lotta spin & elitiests down there that are not going to let a coastal oil contamination ruin their extensive lan/business/commercial enterprise holdings---at least until the situation is Dire to the extreme !

i suggest you hold on to any assets you hold (property wise/Disney stocks wise)
then if you determine it --- sell into any local rallys.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If you are able to leave now, I would suggest you do so!

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Is this for real?

How paranoid are some of you? It's honestly more frightening than the oil spill itself. Please, retain your grip on reality. It's an oil spill, not doomsday. You'll be perfectly fine where you are.

Stop letting an apparent love for conspiracy theories turn you into something less than delusionally paranoid.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Yes dont be so paranoid, youll be fine in those sturdy woden shacks you call houses. During Hurricane season...

Why do you guys make them out of wood anyways? never heard the three little piggys story?

[edit on 27-6-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I guess the question should be, why do you think you should leave? Present the evidence for you thinking you need to evacuate.

I think this might help you decide.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
Orlando huh....

well, consider that the DisneyWorld complex is just south of the city limit... and theres a whole lotta spin & elitiests down there that are not going to let a coastal oil contamination ruin their extensive lan/business/commercial enterprise holdings---at least until the situation is Dire to the extreme !

i suggest you hold on to any assets you hold (property wise/Disney stocks wise)
then if you determine it --- sell into any local rallys.

when there's oil in the water in its a small world...
...time to run i think

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You don't have to leave now but it would be a good idea to start planning. Considering this is hurricane season, it wouldn't be a bad idea anyway.

Try to determine how you will leave. Try to find the off-highway routes up north. Always keep a near full tank and maybe even store some.

Try to line up a place to stay - call relatives or friends. You can make reservations in those extended stay hotels or start putting in applications on some apartments.

You can always make hotel or full fare airlines reservations and then cancel. This is how I managed to get a flight out of Houston when Hurricane Rita was coming. I just made reservations on each day.

You can also rent a storage up North and keep the majority of your stuff.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You don't have to leave now but it would be a good idea to start planning. Considering this is hurricane season, it wouldn't be a bad idea anyway.

Try to determine how you will leave. Try to find the off-highway routes up north. Always keep a near full tank and maybe even store some.

Try to line up a place to stay - call relatives or friends. You can make reservations in those extended stay hotels or start putting in applications on some apartments.

You can always make hotel or full fare airlines reservations and then cancel. This is how I managed to get a flight out of Houston when Hurricane Rita was coming. I just made reservations on each day.

You can also rent a storage up North and keep the majority of your stuff.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I always follow my gut in these situations. I would hope that you follow your feelings and gut instincts as well. Like yourself, I would probably ask for other peoples opinion on the situation, but back it up with what I really feel.

I have emailed relatives in Tampa and Houston asking if they have any plans on leaving, they don't email me back, so I guess they think I am nuts as well. But I love them and I want them to be safe for as long as possible.

If it were me I would have probably left already. But, you need to decide for yourself. Best of luck in making your decision.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Am I the only one asking the fundamental question of "evacuate from what??" It's an oil spill. They happen. It's a shame for the ecosystem and economy, but that's about it. Why would you leave?

Oh, because a couple fringe scientists mentioned volcanoes and methane explosions. It's more likely you'll die from a heartattack due to the stress of anticipating those two aforementioned disasters that Aren't going to happen. Relax and realize the real issue is the collapse of the southern economy anddeath of marine life.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Dutch

Buy a surfboard and wait it out. Might be some good ocean surfing there in Orlando before too long. And hey, you won't even need to wax your board with them waves.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

Is this for real?

How paranoid are some of you? It's honestly more frightening than the oil spill itself. Please, retain your grip on reality. It's an oil spill, not doomsday. You'll be perfectly fine where you are.

Stop letting an apparent love for conspiracy theories turn you into something less than delusionally paranoid.

Your smarmy response indicates that you do not have a grip on the magnitude of the disaster, the toxicity of the ingredients, nor the proximity many of our gulf residents have to the toxic stew.

When a Tropical system whips this stuff up onshore, you will understand why people have been fearful. Why don't you go read up on this disaster before you start calling people paranoid etc. Huh?

Are you anywhere near enough to the area to be talking down to folks like like this???

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
if your seriously looking at evec , do it now before the rush happens.. once it happens homes jobs ect will be non exsistant .. anything thats avalable now will be taken..

My questions for you are do you smell it, is your heath being effected by it , are others leaving are businesses noticing it yet?

However even if all those answers are a no, if your one of the late movers, youl have a hard time, clogged highways and once you find a place hard to find shelter and work.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

smarmy????hmmmm you must be a brit?

People should prepare a survival back pack and buy at least 5 cases of water for each person. If you have a family of kids send them away for the summer.

You can buy Army backpacks on ebay cheap,,,,

so survival knife, water, flint, mini sleeping bag, rope, army jungle fatigues, good jungle boots otherwise trench foot, compass or GPS, Flares, handgun, if not hunting bow, goretex jacket, quick evap socks, anti-biotics, first aid kit, cellphone, camping rations, fishing line (although the oil will probably contaminate these guys).....and some more stuff FLASHLIGHT!!!!

and you better be in shape because this gear will weigh over 100lbs

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well, I AM fairly close to this and reading a LOT of opinions, mostly from people who really don't know any more about this than I do. Quite honestly, I get the impression that a percentage of people posting about this event are actually hoping for TEOLAWKI.

Quite frankly, I don't see enough objective evidence to go anywhere at this time. Yeah, something REALLY bad could happen catching me with my pants down, but there is probably just as much likelihood that something bad could happen on a panic trip away from here. Heck, just out of curiosity, how many of you urging this guy to bail out still have MRE's stashed in your basement from the Y2K scare? Far too many people willing to cry "WOLF" when they just see a fur ball in the yard.

Seriously folks, just pay attention to your surroundings and follow the lead of what those clues will tell you. If you hear of the Gulf emptying of ships, then that is the time to make your exit. If you learn of earthquake tremors emanating from the Gulf region, that should be a real clue. If suddenly you notice birds dropping from the air and you no longer have any insects around you, that should also be a clue.

I'm glad that big wigs are visiting the Gulf so often. I wish Obama was coming down here every day. As long as he is here, I doubt anything serious is expected to happen.

Now if it will alleviate your fear somewhat by taking a trip out of town, then by all means do that. If for nothing else, so just get away from this for a while. But quitting your job, and drawing down your bank account to zilch to be able to afford a couple of months up north may prove to be foolish to do.

In my humble opinion, of course, and subject to change without notice....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join