It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies, what are your opinion on hopeless romantics?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentStigma

Damn straight...although there is a distinct difference between getting a little misty at an emotional moment (such as when your team finally wins the big game)...and crying like a little bitch at some love story....

Let's face it, most gals want both...they want us to be their big, strong, alpha male on some occasions, but want us to be kind, caring, and thoughtful too. Our challenge is finding the balance....

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It is also ok to cry if you open the fridge only to find there is no more beer.

Rule of thumb, If a chick wants the sensitive type. Those women are the kind that want to be in control and demanding and dominant perfect for you push over boys that still want someone to match your clothes in the morning.

There are exceptions to the rule but this is from my experience.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I gave my wife a fairly expensive (for us) ring for our "dating anniversary" just last week. She had seen it and commented on it about a month or so ago, when we were picking up my watch from the jewelry store (had it repaired). So, later that week, I went and got it (paid cash, so she didn't see it pop up on the bank statement, etc.), and held it since.

I know, we're married, and have a "real" anniversary, but somehow, this one always stuck, and never went away...

She absolutely loved it, and couldn't believe I remembered her liking it...totally surprised her!

So fellas, here's a tip for good, romantic gift-giving....listen to your gal, pay attention to what she likes, and the longer ago it was that she pointed it out, the better off you'll be when you give it to her....

And, golden rule, flowers are nice and all, but jewelry ALWAYS works....

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I am very against giving flowers. Why give someone you love something that will Die? I agree with you man go for the Gold and Stones always. it will actually give something to remember.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Flowers (as a gift) serve one, and only one purpose....

Impressing your gal's co-workers. (or your mom's, on Mom's Day)...

Period. This is what they are for.

Whether she admits it or not, every woman loves to receive flowers at their work, it makes the other gals jealous, and they secretly (or not so secretly) live for this. Double bonus points if no actual occasion is involved!

The flip side is, you BETTER send something to her work on Valentine's Day, or you are a SUPER jerk...(your gal is surrounded by others, getting such things....doesn't make her a happy camper)...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentStigma
Real men dont cry, Unless your dog dies then its ok to shed a couple tears.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by SilentStigma]

I can see why you would shed a couple of tears if your dog died. Heck, I'd shed a couple of tears too! He's a cutie

sl

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentStigma
Real men dont cry, Unless your dog dies then its ok to shed a couple tears.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by SilentStigma]

Or at a certain point in the movie "the crying game" :shk:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I've seen hopeless romantics that were very old. Majority of us hang at cafe houses and chit chat.

Old and single. If they tell you otherwise, they're lying. lol

Everyone is capable of doing romantic things, but I find the people who specifically identify themselves as romantic, or any number of other narrow labels, above all other qualities, are trying to overcompensate for other short comings. It's easy to hide behind a label and say, "no one understands me, I'm just 'X'".

Just be yourself man, **** labels.

I'm with Zombie on this one. Be yourself. Nothing wrong with being romantic. Just don't overdo it to the point of being dumb and taking unnecessary risks/expenses.

As to gifts for a woman ..I don't necessarily go along with flowers or jewelry...but to me a gift should be also be thoughtful.

Most women I have ever met while they like romance they are survivalists first and foremost. When they have their security blanket in place they can often be frivilous and go after the options...ie ..romance..but a smart woman goes for survival first. Most men havent a clue about this

Romance is a nice option for women...and many tend to mix it up as if it is the same as survival..it is not.

This is where many men get stupid about romance. Men are as a whole accustomed to taking care of their survival needs for themselves...therefore a mate is the option looked for here.

It is different for many women for they look for a mate in the survival capacity...and call it romance. Males need to be aware of this and many are not as evidenced by much of the confusion on the relationships boards.

Nothing wrong with romance...just dont let it control you to the point of making bad or stupid decisions or conduct...ie..rolling the dice continually.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
TOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING CUTEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!
As the same with many other men in the world I'm a hopeless romantic. Romance is a very big part in my life. I hate to admit I cry during movies and when I'm reading as well. Audrey Hepburn is my favorite actress. Greta Garbo and Katherine Litwack are both equally beautiful. I want to see what the female BTS members think of men who are romantic. Do you think it's a turn on or is it over done? Maybe you like it a little at a time.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

They are hopeless.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I've been married for over 11 years & my husband has gotten more romantic in that time. The thing I love is it's always unexpected and I like that. If he was romantic all the time, I'd come to expect it. I've seen this happen to other couples, the guy is romantic all the time, then falls off the wagon. Next thing you know the girl is in a tither & upset because she thinks he doesn't love her anymore. So sad when that happens.

And for the record, I cry when I hit the tap on our kegerator & find the barrel's gone dry.......

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Women love romantic men. However make sure your romance is grounded by love becasue there are many women that will take advantage of that. Some women see it as a sign of weakness. Just becasue you are romantic does not mean you are not a man. Woman love a mans "man".

Also in regards to romance it is equally important that the woman reciprocate in the romance. Romance and love is not just giving. it is giving but also learning to recieve. If she is not willing to give but only recieve then you have a problem.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

Truer word have never been spoken. I'm romantic at heart. Hopless to boot, until I met my wife that is. Or actually, after losing contact with her after graduating High School in 97, we reconnected by a chance of fate when her and a couple of friends came to a gig my band at the time in 2002 were playing. We have been together since then and are happily married now. Romance has always played a big part in my life with past relationships, as well as with my wife now. I coddle and shower her with affections and gifts everytime I can.

I too raise a glass to those of us MEN that keep romance alive for the ladies we love!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join